How do I fix this small problem?

• My mom loves cooking, and if I don't eat what she makes she goes on this rant about me waisting food.

Now, about 91% of everything she cooks is full of carbs, fat, salt, or deep fried. (We live in the south).

What am I supposed to do? OH, and don't dare me to tell her what and what not to cook, she'll look at me like I lost it.
  • Don't eat it. Let her rant. Remain calm. When she's ready to listen to you, you can tell her what kinds of food you would prefer to eat. Then, be ready to cook for yourself.
  • Tell her, congrats, she's off the hook from cooking for you. You're trying to learn new things, and you'll cook for yourself for a while. She's welcome to eat what you're making, if she wants.
  • Talk to your doctor. Conspire with your doctor. Get your doctor to tell her that you must take this weight off ASAP and that you can only eat things that the doctor has approved. Then YOU tell her that you'll be in charge of your food from now on, you are willing to do your own cooking etc. Tell her how much you'll miss her food and how you are going to splurge on 4th of July (or whatever) and that you are looking forward to eating her cooking then. Ask her to help you find things the doctor has approved. You'll have to coordinate shopping/paying for food with her.

Start with your doctor. You need authority.
  • Does she know your trying to lose weight and become healthier? I'm kind of in the same boat here at home, though I don't get a rant from my family I get a concerned look. lol Italians...

My aunts all understand and are very supportive and I'm not saying my dad isn't he's an awesome guy, but he still doesn't understand how hard it is for me to eat healthy. he will order pizza and make pasta's and I think he forgets I'm trying to stay away from that kind of food. He's pretty fit himself so he doesn't think about it. So I have to remind him now and then, I'm watching what I'm eating. He's gotten a lot better now though and will tell me before hand whats he's going to be making.
  • All these sound like great ideas, especially the doctor thing. But maybe she'll complain less about me not eating since her boyfriend has moved in, I'm sure he won't mind taking my portion. LOL