Latest song I'm addicted to....

• Meet Me Halfway by the Black Eyed Peas. SOOO love it, can't get enough!! It's great for my workouts on the elliptical. Anyone else obsessed?? Are there any other new songs out I should know about? I'm usually late on these things!!
  • Hey Hey Hey by Uncle Kracker. It just seems like such a fabulous song as the weather starts to warm up.

Now the clouds have parted
    Let's get the party started
    Call up the broken hearted
    Tell 'em that I'm back in town
    I'm buyin' the whole place a round

Bad days behind me
    My baby beside me
    I feel my luck starting to change

Hey, hey, hey
    The sun is shining on my face
    And everythin' will be okay
    It's a fact, yeah, I made it back
    And this time I'm here to stay

Hey, hey, hey
    The sun is shining on my face
  • Oh, I also LOVE Shine On by Eric Bibb. One of my dear friends had a terrible break up, so I sent her this song via iTunes to cheer her up. I play it over and over in the car!

Could also be appropriate for weight loss motivation

Keep on when your mind says quit
    Dream on ‘til you find your living it
    I’ll be right by your side
    Yeah baby keep on
    Don’t stop ‘til you win your prize
    Lean on all the love that is in my eyes
    You’re a diamond to me, yes you are
    Shine on

I know what you’ve been through
    I see
    But it’s time to leave it behind and let it be
    Yeah

Hard-earned wisdom is something you can’t buy
    It’s the wings of experience
    That make you fly

Don’t look back
    Don’t look back
    Don’t turn around
    You’re on the right track

Keep on when your mind says quit
    Dream on ‘til you find your living it
    I’ll be right by your side
    Yeah baby keep on
    Don’t stop ‘til you win your prize
    Lean on all the love that is in my eyes
    You’re a diamond to me, yes you are
    Shine on
    Shine on
  • Oh, dear.

After reading all these inspirational lyrics, I am somewhat embarrassed to admit here that my latest song obsession is by David Guetta, with the rapper Akon, and includes these deep, thoughtful lyrics:

Quote:
    She's nothing like a girl you ever seen before
    Nothing to compare to your neighborhood hoe
    I'm trying to find the words to describe this girl
    Without being disrespectful.

Damn, you's a sexy b*tch
    Sexy b*tch
    Damn, girl!
    It's incredibly catchy & has a great beat. I kept punching repeat & ran with this song for at least 15 minutes straight. Probably I could have run with it on repeat for an entire half hour.

Do I redeem myself if I mention I have Joni Mitchell's "Coyote" on another exercise song list? And "Angel From Montgomery" by Bonnie Raitt for the cooldown? And Alicia Keys "If I Ain't Got You"?
  • Ha I was addicted to Low last year - no shame in any song addiction! I can't handle Sexy ***** though, anything with an auto tune voice sets my teeth on edge.
  • So, you too had those Apple Bottom jeans & boots with the fur? And those baggy sweat pants & Reeboks with the straps?

Oh, yeah, "Low" most definitely got a lot of repeat plays on my iPod, too. Still does.
  • "Telephone" by Lady Gaga featuring Beyonce. Not really all that motivational, but it has a beat that makes me run/pedal faster whenever it's on!
  • Love David Gutta's album "One Love". Wearing that one out on my ipod for months now!
  • Quote: Meet Me Halfway by the Black Eyed Peas. SOOO love it, can't get enough!! It's great for my workouts on the elliptical. Anyone else obsessed?? Are there any other new songs out I should know about? I'm usually late on these things!!
    If you don't have the whole album get it....I listen to one song from this everyday since last summer and it still hasn't gotten old for me.
  • Well, I mix it up with Swang Ya WragI and He Heals Me: India Arie. OOOOHHH let me not for get Gimmie Gimmie by Beanie Man. Odd choices but that's how I do it...Rap, Neosoul and Reggae!!