Perrier Water

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm getting ready to start IP on Monday. My coach indicated no soda or diet soda...but Perrier was okay. Does anyone else know about this? I don't want to mess myself up from the start by drinking this. But, I would like to have it if I can.
  • I have used it and san pellegrino since the start. It hasn't impacted me.
  • Quote: I'm getting ready to start IP on Monday. My coach indicated no soda or diet soda...but Perrier was okay. Does anyone else know about this? I don't want to mess myself up from the start by drinking this. But, I would like to have it if I can.
    I've had it with lemon/lime on vacation when with others having cocktails... still lost at normal rate.
  • What is San Pellegrino and perrier and what do you use it with?
  • Quote: What is San Pellegrino and perrier and what do you use it with?
    it is a sparkling mineral water that is already flavored. you will find it with the water and flavored water in the stores.

It is just to drink. I add extra slices of lemon with mine.
  • Thanks for your replies. I can do without the sodas, but I would miss having the fizz in some way
  • Quote: it is a sparkling mineral water that is already flavored. you will find it with the water and flavored water in the stores.

It is just to drink. I add extra slices of lemon with mine.
    I've only had plain, not flavored.
  • On page 59 of Dr. Chanh's book, he recommends that one drink mineral water.
  • Quote: On page 59 of Dr. Chanh's book, he recommends that one drink mineral water.
    Hoooofrigginray!!!
    Thank you so much for that info. Cracking my mineral water right now.
  • Love Sparking Water
    Having sparkling water makes it SOOO much easier to get in all of the required water. My coach said that even the Crystal Geyser waters with lemon, lime and orange flavor are OK. If it isn't Crystal Geyser, I would check the label before bying a flavored water.
  • So if the Pellegrino is ok, what about sparkling flavored waters? Like Target's Market Pantry brand flavored sparkling water? As long as it doesn't have phosphoric acid?
  • Quote: What about sparkling flavored waters? Like Target's Market Pantry brand flavored sparkling water? As long as it doesn't have phosphoric acid?
    Check how they are sweetened. I consider these "extras" like Mio. I know that earlier on in my phase 1 weeks, I drank the target ones like 2-3 times a day absentmindedly. I know it really did slow me down. The perrier on the other hand has not.

I definitely limit how much I drink of that because what I am really trying to change here are my habits. Think about why you want the fizzy and decide for yourself if its a habit you might need to break. I know it was for me.
  • For the record, I make my own seltzer drink almost every night with a bit of Mio. My nightly reward for staying 100% OP for the day. I haven't had to skip it yet!

From the 'Carbonated Water A Cheat?' thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ter-cheat.html

All diet drinks (i.e. sugar-free, carb-free) are NOT contraindicated on the Ideal Protein Weight Loss Method. The problem that can arise is imbalances in acid / base regulation. Our protocol is very alkaline and this is why we do not see complications common to other “protein type diets”, namely kidney stones, gout, bone spurs, etc. Some diet drinks (Crystal Light for example) are mixed with water and these are acceptable. Many others (flavored Aqua-fina, Dasani, etc.) contain alot of phosphoric acid. This is a very strong acid and will play havoc with the body’s bicarbonate buffering system. The same goes for diet sodas…particularly the “brown ones”…Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, root beer, etc.).

Flavored seltzers are usually OK, just read the label and make sure it is carb-free and contains no phosphoric acid. Carbonated beverages contain CO2 which, when dissolved in water becomes carbonic acid, a weak acid (unlike phosphoric). To have a glass of these occasionally would not be a problem, but consuming large amounts (like in place ofthe 2 liters of water per day) would not be a good idea. The pH of Perrier is about 5.7, weakly acidic.

http://www.iwlnow.com/?page_id=553
  • Ok so you can have it, just don't drink it in place of your daily water intake.
  • In moderation, and check that it has no aspartame or phosphoric acid.