Kohlrobi (Faux potates)

• I didn't notice if anyone else wrote this before. I have used the vegetable kohlrobi raw in salads but just learned recently about baking them . I peel, slice thin like a potatoes, spray a drop of olive oil and bake. Not only does it look and feel like potatoes but it tastes great. Some asked me if they were "new " potatoes. Enjoy and let me know you think.
  • Kohlrabi is sometimes called German potato and certainly is much like real potatoes. I like it raw but will try it cooked next time.

Here's the nutritional data. Note that there are 5 grams of fiber in the 8 grams of carb.
  • Where would you find these kolrobi? I've never even heard of them!
  • Check out the veggie sections. You MUST have them down there - CA has everything! We even have them up here in Canada.
  • I bet you can find that at Harris Teeter. Never heard of them before either, but Harris Teeter carries everything!
  • Yep! They're at Harris Teeter!
    Quote: I bet you can find that at Harris Teeter. Never heard of them before either, but Harris Teeter carries everything!
    Found 'em! Can't wait to try them tonight - I miss potatos like crazy. Wonder how they would taste with a pot roast?
  • What temp and how long in the oven? Baked Kohlrabi
    Hey Claudia (or anyone) - how hot of an oven & how long do you bake your Kohlrabi? I have seen quite a few recipes online & they are all really different - anywhere from 325 to 450 degrees!

THANKS
  • Quote: Found 'em! Can't wait to try them tonight - I miss potatos like crazy. Wonder how they would taste with a pot roast?
    Yay!!! Pot roast & the kohlrobi sounds delicious!