Solution!

• We started a clothing co-op. My sister in law works for the local school district, they're doing a biggest loser challenge. My college campus is also doing a biggest loser challenge. So, between us we sent round an email inquiring to how much everyone had lost and how it was affecting their clothing sizes. This has been an ongoing challenge since the start of the semester in January, so there have been some big changes. So, this Saturday, we'll all get together toss our clothes in to size piles and everyone can PICK what they want, and if there's enough of the smaller sizes left, we'll hang on to and inventory those, update it as needed, email it around and when they're needed people can come get them.
  • Great idea, and that seems to alleviate all of the burden on you to take the clothing
  • That's a great idea!

I wish I knew someone(s) who would fit the clothes that no longer fit me. All my friends are still smaller than me. I have been donating them to charity but I wish I could know that they were actually being used by someone rather than going in a bin somewhere, especially some of the really nice/like new things! I take comfort in remembering how I felt going into thrift shops and not finding much of anything in my size. Hopefully someone is going into a goodwill somewhere and having a more positive experience.
  • We have some women/children shelters and halfway homes, for women getting out of abusive relationships/off drugs etc, we decided to donate our stuff there. Especially since some of us had/continue to haunt thrift stores. The women need the more dressy clothes to help them get on their feet for job interviews etc. We also decided, instead of our annual 15 family yard sale, we're going to donate everything, household stuff, kids clothes to the same shelter. Most of these ladies leave with their kids and thats about it. So the kids need stuff too.
  • That is a great idea!
  • what a great idea!!
  • That is a great idea. I wonder how hard it would be to do that in my area.
  • Awesome!! That is a wonderful idea!
  • cathydoe, check your local school districts, most i find, do have some kind of weight loss challenge going on. also, craigslist is a valuable resource, as long as you screen out the nut jobs. or maybe a state forum here?