I DID IT! First time............EVER!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I joined a GYM! ........and then dragged my husband with me last night to just 'check it out' - you know see how the machines work, etc...

SO EXCITING! (I never thought I would say that about a gym) I have never felt comfortable going to one before.

My teenage daughter joined too - I can't believe the PRICE! $10 for a month and it was $1.08 as an initiation fee, they were running this special until tomorrow.

There isn't a pool, but I don't need that because we have one in our backyard and I plan on using this summer and doing water aerobics.

Anywho - CAN'T BELIEVE I DID IT!
  • Wow! Congrats to you! Joining a gym really changed things for me in a very positive way. I just made it into a habit and if I don't go, then I feel like something is missing. You're really lucky with regards to the price. My gym is astronomically priced. I have never heard of such an amazing deal. Can I move to your town? Hehehe
  • Congratulations!
  • Wow, you sound really happy. Congratulations !
  • I'm guessing you just joined Planet Fitness. I love paying $10 a month. There aren't any classes and no pool, but there are plenty of machines and I LOVE the arc trainer.
  • Good for you! I remember when I first joined a gym, it was not the gym for me. Too busy, even at 5am when it opened. But now, I found a little dinky 24/7 gym just a block or so away from my house, and it is never busy. It is like I have a personal gym! And I love it!

I am so happy for you and I hope that your gym experience develops into a loving relationship.
  • Ah, I love the gym! I'm so glad you discovered one and for such a price! Wow! I can and did exercise alone at home quite well, but I really kick it up a notch at the gym. It can be done at home, but for me I guess, there's just something about a gym.
  • Congrats!! I love the gym, just hard to find the time to go so I bought a treadmill .. take advantage and get every penny of the $10 you can!! What an awesome price!!
  • YES - Planet Fitness.

I noticed just being on the treadmill, I walked faster and could keep a better pace, on my own a lag a bit.

But I was really comfortable there - they don't allow people to walk around 1/2 naked and there are people of ALL sizes, so I didn't feel like anyone even looked at me.
  • FANTASTIC!

You'll enjoy it.
  • Wonderful. One of my friends is a member at Planet Fitness and she has met several women that have lost a good amount of weight are keeping it off. She said they are always so encouraging.
  • Oh wow, that is SO awesome! Have fun getting buff
  • Congrats... i just joined a gym this time last week.. you got a wayyyyy better deal than me though lucky you!! gl
  • **UPDATE**

So at the gym I go to there is a fitness 30 minute total body work out (like curves) and I have been getting my husband to go with me, he's a big guy
    6'4" and I am not sure of his weight but I would say around 380 ish and he has been doing (2 days in a row) the 30 min workout. So PROUD of him, he's never been one for any sort of excersize....now to get him to work on his caloric intake.

My daughter joined too (she's 16) and super inshape, she's been a competitive cheerleader and dancer for the last 10 years, but said she wants to just do some cardio and then keep it up well past high school.

So my Son is next - he's 13 and been BUGGING to 'workout' - so he's going to go to!

SO EXCITING! Never thought I'd have my WHOLE FAMILY want to go to the gym!
    THANK GOD!

Thanks for letting me share!
  • Congrats! I joined one last October and I go daily, I love the gym, I love the atmosphere and I am very glad that I joined, I am sure that you will be too because the more time I spend there the more time I want to spend there

As Ever
    Me