Longest time on a "diet"

• The longest I've ever been on a diet is four months. This is my fourth month of "dieting" this time. So it scares me a bit that I'll get comfortable and slip back into old habits once again.

I feel more confident this time though because I feel like I'm doing it the right way this time. Before I lost too fast (for me). I lost 20 llbs. in my first month alone. This time it has taken me 3 months to lose 20 llbs. I don't put so much pressure on myself, I'm making being healthy a lifestyle and not a race.

Does anyone else get to their old breaking point and get nervous? What keeps you going to keep it up?
  • Quote: The longest I've ever been on a diet is four months. This is my fourth month of "dieting" this time. So it scares me a bit that I'll get comfortable and slip back into old habits once again.

I feel more confident this time though because I feel like I'm doing it the right way this time. Before I lost too fast (for me). I lost 20 llbs. in my first month alone. This time it has taken me 3 months to lose 20 llbs. I don't put so much pressure on myself, I'm making being healthy a lifestyle and not a race.

Does anyone else get to their old breaking point and get nervous? What keeps you going to keep it up?
    I have the same problem! Actually, my first round with WW, in 2008, was my longest run with a diet/eating lifestyle change. That went from April - Aug. that year. It took me until this Feb. to finally get back on-track and it's going better than last time. I'm halfway through that 4 months, so I really hope to keep it up. I can't really give advice on sticking with it longer than 4 mos, but I can at least assure you that you are not alone.

What's helping me this time is not feeling I need to even look at their recommended menu plans or anything like that. I'm really trying to work it around the types of things we would normally eat, and if I think a modification needs to be made, i.e. replace a full-calorie/fat item with a lighter version, I make it. That helps me really see this as a lifestyle change, and also helps my stress over $$ spent on food when I try to follow a suggested menu.