Mother of four wife of Truck Driver

• The title of this post is all I thought I was for the past 7 years. Since I got married 7 years ago I have gained a whole person. I was almost 200 and now I am 289. I joined the MRC March 8th and have lost since last weigh in 21lbs. I got up to 310 lbs. I hate that number every time I type it. The me who weighed that no longer lived. In the past 24 days OP I am seeing glimpses of the real Angela. The 310lb me was morbidly obese, pre diabetic, on a sleep apnea machine, taking thyroid medicine and a heart medicine. And on top of all of my medicines I was also taking Wellbutrin. I would barely wake up in the morning to get my older boys off to school in time, make a half a$$ breakfast for my 5 year old twins then sit on the computer till nap time. I know I was just eating continuously. Very mindlessly. My husband is away frequently due to his job so food became my very best friend. Or so I thought. It was there for me when my friends were to busy, hubby was gone and all the in between.
    I have wanted to loose weight for years, but I talked about it and complained about my health all the time. It was easier to make excuses than to get off my butt and choose a different life.
    Well I finally WOKE up right b4 my birthday and told my hubby all I wanted was to join the MRC. And I did 8 days after my 33 bday. I want to see the real 33 year old Angela. I want my wedding ring to fit! I want people to see the real me without all the baggage I carry. At 310 I was invisible and no one said excuse me anymore. I once had a body that men used to stare at!
    I want my inlaws to not think I am a stupid fat chick! I want to do this for my health. I want to do this for my 5 year old daughter who calls me fat. I know she was not taught this, cruel as it is, she just knows instinctively that it is not OK to be fat. I want to do this for my hubby who has loved me no matter what. By the way he has been Op with me!
    I know this is hard, at times I am feeling a bit bi polar. Obviously emotion got me into this, and now my emotions are riding me out, good or bad. I am dealing with them. I am hoping this site will help me work on them as well. I am excited to do this journey. I just added exercise to my plan this Monday week and I cant remember the last time I walked a mile! I have now walked two in two days! I always used to drive past the track down the road and watch people use, well now I am !!! I have to thank all of you beautiful women on here who are fighting the fight with me as well. I do feel we are in this together. Thank you for reading and making it to the end of this. Best wishes to you all! I read a quote the other day and it really hit home.... it went something like a dream is always a dream and a goal is a measurment of your success! I am not dreaming anymore I finally woke up!!!!
  • Angela - good to see you here. Have a good look round and jump in wherever you fancy. Good going on the walking! I love walking!
  • Thank you for the welcome! I needed that Best wishes to you !