G2010- Reflections of the way life used to be

You're on Page 5 of 7
Go to
  • Hey Ladies,

Remember me? I am hoping I can join back in like I never left. I think it has been about a year. I have had a lot of trouble losing weight but find myself in a new position today with new motivation. Sorry to say, I just lost my job. I am fortunate that my husband has a good job so things should be okay for awhile. In the meanwhile, since I won't be spending most of my life working at a job I no longer enjoyed anyway-I can get my life in order at the same time I look for new work. I am on my way to the Y now. I will write again soon.
  • Terapet! I remember you! Welcome back. We're a slow bunch around here. Truthfully we've all been struggling with all sorts of things. Glad to have some new life, maybe you can help us all

I'm sorry that you've lost your job, and I've been there (actually just a year ago).

Take care!
  • Thanks for the welcome sprklemajik. It's okay if responses are slow. I'm glad you are still around. Congrats on the new job in Tennessee.

Hopefully this job loss thing will work out okay in the end. There are a lot worse things then being out of work. It sure feels weird though. I have to admit I have been feeding my "out of work" anxiety some chocolate therapy but it is not really making me feel less anxious. The last thing I want to do is gain weight over this. A part of me is excited about having the time to look for a new job so I have to focus on that and try to ignore the anxiety. Hopefully the change is going to do me good!

Speaking of good,I have already been to the Y for a step class and eating wise, I had a banana, strawberries and yogurt smoothie for breakfast and an orange with half a sandwich for lunch. I am going to aim for daily exercise and lots of fruits and vegetables.

How about anybody else? Are you eating right today?
  • I'm eating mostly right I had a screw-up this morning for breakfast I had macaroni and cheese. Not the best thing, but I've been mitigating those additional 300 calories all day and I'm finally back on plan with a light dinner coming up.

The packing estimator just left the house. Hopefully by early next week DH's company will have approved a company and we'll be scheduling our move. I'm aiming to be out on the Thursday or Friday before Memorial Day. I've been packing and cleaning lots and lots. I'll be running around every weekend from now til then. This weekend Mother's Day, next Gatlinburg vacation weekend, then the weekend before the move, then moving!!!! Yay!

Everyone else doing good?
  • Sprklmajik~Sounds like you r busy busy busy. Best of luck with your move.

Terapet~W E L C O M E back. jump right in
  • Kuddos to you sprklemajik for eating right with so much going on in your life. Keep up the good work! I am so happy for you about the new job and moving to your new place.

Hey Dixiemae-Look at your skinny self! Wow you lost a lot of weight in the last year. What a winner! Thanks for the welcome back. I am glad to be back.

I can't believe my days go by so fast at home. My job had gotten really slow so I spent a lot of time watching the clock. This morning I rode my bike to the Y for a body sculpting class. The weather is absolutely gorgeous here. I also took my two elderly dogs for a short walk. I hope to take them out everyday now and try to build up the distance. One of my dogs is obese so hopefully the two of us are going to shed some serious weight soon. So far I have not eaten any of those nasty chocolate consolation cookies I bought for myself in a weak moment although I have obviously been thinking about it! Next on the agenda is some house cleaning and laundry and then I have to work on my resume. There it is in writing. Hold me to it ladies. I hate looking for a job. It is usually so disheartening. I have to be tough on myself though and just do it. Besides, it required by the law if I want to receive unemployment!!!
  • Terapet--welcome back.

well I am at 234 as the Drs. scale this morning it is official I am not watching it any more but on the plus side it will be only 3 weeks at the most.
  • mrsaugie-Congrats on 3 weeks to go. That is so cool. Is this your first? I remember with my last I told them not to tell me the number on the scale. Then when anyone asked how much I gained, I could truthfully answer that I had no idea. I don't understand why people ask such things anyway.

I am beat today. I think all my bike rides to the Y are wearing me out. Plus there was a very young substitute instructor in the step class today and she really tore me up! My Y is in an area with lots of baby boomers so most of the class was made up of retired ladies. The sub said she was going to take it easy on us but she most have forgot. I actually think she was trying to hold back but she has no idea what it is like to be old and overweight. Thankfully I know better then to over do it but I am still pooped! Have not done so well on the eating or the job search today. I feel kind of guilty but on the other hand it has been kind of an unusual week. Next week is going to be so much better.
  • Hey Ladies!

I've missed you all!!!! I had to go out of town for a few weeks (my dad was really sick) and didn't have access to a computer. Even if I would have had access, I don't think I would have had time to get on here, I was just so busy. I'm back though. I got in town late last night and weighed myself this morning, and I was back at 209.0!!!! Eek, but really, that isn't too bad for literally eating out for every meal for the last three weeks.

I'll get my thoughts together and write some more tomorrow, I just wanted to say hello. It's great to be back!
  • Hey dandimae-Isn't it crazy how quickly those pounds accumulate. If only it was as easy to take them off! Eating at home will surely make a difference. I hope your Dad is doing better.

I walked in the MS 3-miler with some of my neighbors this morning. It was another beautiful day here. Next, I am planning to work on my home office. It looks like a tornado went through the room. I need to make it cozy as I will definitely spending a lot of time there until I find a new job.

Enjoy the day!
  • Terapet-- this is our 2nd. Good job on the walk at least it was nice for yours ours which I did not walk in but volunteered to help with was cold and rainy.

Anyway nothing has changed since last time.
  • Hi Ladies.
    Despite my best efforts I have been losing weight this week.

I think it is because I just finished my menses. I am still off exercise cause of the toe, but I expect to be back to push-ups this week, and probably light cardio as well. Last week, I just wanted to eat everything (sweet) thing in sight, but I think I have that under control now too.

With luck this will be a new week, with the same results. I hope everyone is doing well.
  • Yeah, it's Monday! A fresh start to a new week. I just spent the whole day applying on line for one job! Actually a good part of it was tweaking the old resume and setting up a new e mail account to my home computer. Plus, I applied for a government job so you can just imagine. Now that I am set up, it will be easy-peasy if something else interesting becomes available.

Yesterday was a bit of a food fest around here and I am still chowing down on some leftovers. I won't be losing any weight today. I have taken my furry buddies for a walk and will setting off for two hours at the Y in a little while. Tonight is step class followed by yoga. That is going to feel great.

knobhdy-I am jealous of your effortless weight loss this week! Kudos to you for keeping the sweet cravings in check.
  • Therapet: Seriously! It is so easy to put them on! I think the stress was hurting me too. This situation is not a good one at all. Without going too much into things, my dad is a bad alcoholic who is at end stage liver disease and has severe cirrhosis. He needs a new liver, and until he can get one he's going to be in and out of the hospital. Not fun at all. I'm trying not to pull out all of my hair though!

I've done ok the last few days with the exception of Mother's Day...How could I say no to a brunch that I didn't have to cook? So everything considered, I'm ok...down to 205.6, so I guess just being home is helping more than I realized!

mrsaugie: I'll bet you're so ready! When is your due date? Do you know what you're having? Do you have a name yet? Sorry if all of this has been covered, I just don't really have the time to go back through EVERY post and check! I love little babies...you should post a picture when your little bundle gets here. I have a 2 year old and a 10 month old. I love it!

sprkle, how ya doin? I absolutely love mac and cheese...I'm glad I don't have any in the house right now to be honest.

knobhdy: congrats on the weight loss! I love it! I hope your toe gets better soon.
  • dandimae-Sorry to hear your Dad is so sick. I know how hard it is to be far away from a loved one when they are ill. Hang in there and just do the best you can.

I am invited to go shopping with my daughter today (as well as my credit card). She is starting a new job for the summer tomorrow in a tapas place and needs black clothes. DD just finished her freshman year in college. It is such a delight to have her home for the summer. Maybe it was divine providence that I lost my job last week so I can spend more time with her.
    Although I must admit she is not really around all that much!

Alright, it is still early but so far no eating screw ups. Today I need to focus on eating right. I guess it is going to have to be about planning and portion control since I have a graduation party to attend tonight. Exercise wise, I plan to walk the dogs and go to the Y this evening for a body sculpting class.

Let's do it Ladies!