Featherweights plan and chat in April

You're on Page 6 of 16
Go to
  • Quote: Danni: Thanks for your words of encouragement.
    Today is a new day and I am already feeling better. The wonders that a rest day will do (plus I slept for 12 hours last night). Am I so tired because of my calorie reduction or because I am working out? Probably a little bit of both. When will my body adjust so that I won't feel so tired?
    Are you sure you're eating enough? I know that it does take a period of adjustment, sometimes 2 weeks, but being unusually tired is usually a sign that your calories are too low or your workouts are too intense.... But then again maybe you just needed a good nights sleep...
  • Last night was a little better - not perfect - so I'm going with the better.

Sometimes I can just go "cold turkey" and do great.

Other times I guess it takes a few days to put the brakes on and get back on the clean eating train. The only thing that has been my saving grace about the last 4 days is that I do a very good job all day. I think someone else takes over my mind and body at night.
  • Good morning everyone; I've been super-busy this week and haven't had time to do more than lurk!

Yesterday I had a disappointment when the scale, which had been at 126.2, suddenly rounded up to 127 again. I was hesitant to weigh again this morning, because if I'm in a bloaty period I don't want to beat myself up, but the lure of the digital display won out. And waddoya know? I was 126.0! 125 may actually be in reach by my original May "deadline"!
  • tkm256-I'm glad the scale gave good news today...it is irresistable sometimes! That 125 is right on your doorstep. Very cool to be so close!!

I hit 135.4 this morning, getting closer and closer to my April goal of getting UNDER 135. This month has easily been my best month since the first 1/2 of January (before we moved into our house). Tonight my mom and I are going to a function with chocoalte and desserts. I'm allowing myself one modest dessert (or none if they aren't appealing) and if I can handle that simple task I will have FINALLY succeeded at stringing together one FULL week OP...7 days IN A ROW without eating "stupid". The next 2 days (Sat/Sun) will be a challenge in that I will be at a conference Saturday and don't know what they're feeding me there and on Sunday some friends from church invited us to lunch at their house and I have no idea what they will serve us, so all I know is portion control and good choices are on the menu for this weekend!
  • tmk256 - good for you!

Ms - 7 in a row - way to go!
  • Ilene: I was trying to stay around 1500 calories, but because I was tired, I upped it to about 1900 calories. Not so tired, but the scale is not budging at all. I think that maybe I'll try to stick around 1500 calories and take the training down a notch and maybe the scale will get a little lower. Trial and error..
    danni: I certainly tend to binge at night and sometimes it is uncontrollable. I too find solace in the fact that during the day, I hit my nutrition and eating. Some days it is easier than others. Some days, I get home and I am fine with dinner, others....I think where is that bag of chips The great thing is that you are not beating yourself up about it and sabotaging. Keep it up!
    Ms. Perception: YEAH!!! You are so close to your goal and it is only the 9th! I think that it is reasonable that you are allowing yourself a dessert, it will help you from bingeing and it is a special treat. I wish that I did not think of food as a reward or treat. But, sometimes a cookie at the end of the week keeps me going.
    tmk256 and Ms: WOW! Way to go!
  • I am down to 122.4 as of this morning. Holding steady for a few days now. I had about a month + plateau. I actually increased my calories a bit, and it really worked. I was amazed! I also let my body recover a bit between workouts (doing "only" 30 Day Shred instead of 1 hour p90x plyometrics), and that worked, too.

I was started to get dizzy when I stood up, and this is because I wasn't eating enough. Now I am eating a little bit more, and it's working!

I only want to get down to 120. It may actually take 3 more months, seriously. It's tough. It took almost 4 months to lose 6+ pounds.
  • Hi ladies,
    My head is in a bad place right now. I've been really good all week at work... then I go home and I can't be bothered to do the right thing. Four days of eating out, no gym and a two lb gain later, I'm still feeling very down and out.

This weekend we're taking a vacation to Nashville, I'm not too worried about what I'm going to eat since we walk, walk, walk when we're on vacation. I'm hoping I'll come back re-energized and ready to hit the ground running.
  • Quote: Hi ladies,
    My head is in a bad place right now. I've been really good all week at work... then I go home and I can't be bothered to do the right thing. Four days of eating out, no gym and a two lb gain later, I'm still feeling very down and out.

This weekend we're taking a vacation to Nashville, I'm not too worried about what I'm going to eat since we walk, walk, walk when we're on vacation. I'm hoping I'll come back re-energized and ready to hit the ground running.
    I'm in a similar place now - except I am already away from home until Monday... just trying to make the best of it, like you said - walking a lot. Then starting fresh on plan on Monday. Good attitude
  • Quote: I am down to 122.4 as of this morning. Holding steady for a few days now. I had about a month + plateau. I actually increased my calories a bit, and it really worked. I was amazed! I also let my body recover a bit between workouts (doing "only" 30 Day Shred instead of 1 hour p90x plyometrics), and that worked, too.

I was started to get dizzy when I stood up, and this is because I wasn't eating enough. Now I am eating a little bit more, and it's working!

I only want to get down to 120. It may actually take 3 more months, seriously. It's tough. It took almost 4 months to lose 6+ pounds.
    I started where you did and got down to 113 in just under three months. It definitely helped to up my calories. I had them too low at first and that slowed me down as well.

I'm looking to lose the last 5 in the next month (I'm 5' 3 1/2"). After upping my calories I started losing 1.5 to 2 lbs. a week, so I think I can do it. I have a lot of muscle, which I think helps me lose fast despite being short and having only a little to lose. But, if it takes longer, so be it. I like to eat, so the more I can eat the better, whatever the speed at which I lose. And now that I am eating quite a bit more, I feel confident about moving into maintenance whenever that happens.
  • Silver - enjoy your vacation. I'll hold the fort downwhile your away. LOL

Emma - This has been the roughest week for me since I started back in Jan. But there is always Monday. I'm still trying to get back on track - but I am feeling much better about my chances today.
  • hi ladies
    sooo today the scale went up a little bit, but it was expected due to the stuff i ate last night lol
    im exhausted right now and not really feeling well, and thus i havent been eating well at all lol. Ive always been an emotional eater and since my issues with my friend are continuing, along with new issues of needing another roommate for next year, the only appealing food has been chocolate. so yes, ive eaten a bunch today lol
    but no worries, im going to go eat something healthy and then start out again tomorrow.
    work is my enemy right now because there is always food at my work. always. ive definitly gotten better with my emotional eating, but its still a work in progress. slowly but surely im getting there.

as always, i enjoy reading all your posts. hope everyone is doing fabulous, im headed to bed, gotta get up early in the morning.
    good night.
  • Finally I was able to stop the Nightly Snack Monster.

That was a scary ride. I didn't see it coming and I couldn't seem to stop it.

Now I feel like the "good ole me" and back in control.

I had worked so hard to get to 127 and move my Little Chicken. Now I'm back up to 129.5. I will leave the little guy there as a reminder and work my way back down to 127. It was hard to post everyday - but it helped to keep me honest and gave me the motivation to get up and try again each day.

Hang in there everyone and thanks for the support.
  • Congratulations Danni! I'm so happy you're back on track I noticed you are in SC--that's "home" for me too, even though I've been in St. Louis for a few years now. We'll actually be down there next weekend to visit family and for my first 5K!

I'm doing fairly well--keeping 100% on plan (as always, it seems), but still not seeing the losses that I really want to see. Hanging around 165, with a few days at 166. I did finally drop down to 39-29-39 (and I'm only holding the tape a little tight, hehe). This was exciting for me--I started at 41-35-44. I'd like to eventually hit 36-26-36, and I think that's a reasonable expectation at my (true) goal weight of 145.
  • Hi Stella - I live in Chapin (20 miles from Columbia) - where is your family? This is my 3rd time living in SC.

How long have you been working on your plan. I seem to have reached a plateau which I know is normal - but some people have mentioned that they stay at a certain weight for months. Yes the inches lost are just as important as the scale numbers.

Good Luck on the 5K.