No Excuses - Maintainers Food and Exercise Accountability in April!

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Exercise didn't happen yesterday. I was lazy and grouchy. Of course, exercise would actually have fixed both of those, but why let common sense and reality influence my choices?

Today:
    (not primal, but at this point I'll take what I can get)
    english muffin, pnb, protein shake
    cc/blueberries
    chicken, beans, apple
    hardboiled eggs (turquoise and pink!)
    tilapia, steamed veggies
    run at lunch
    maybe boot camp tonight
  • Yesterday I had the frozen yogurt, but it fit in with my calories, so I'm calling it good. I will not panic about the cortisone and pain med related scale panic. I can anticipate gaining 5-8 lbs and having it stick around for at least 2 weeks. This has happened EVERY TIME I have gotten shots, and if it happens this time, I will not permit it to make me upset - I'll just remain steadfast and on plan, knowing it'll take some time for it to go back down.
    Today's plan:
    B - Bagel thin, PB, sliced strawberries
    S - RF Salami, RF Cheddar, strawberries
    L - Leftovers: Chicken skewer, roasted mashed acorn squash, roasted asparagus
    S - Protein Shake w/ strawberries
    S - Greek yogurt w/ strawberries (can you guess what I bought a flat of at the Farmer's Market this week?)
    D - Grilled London Broil, broccoli and ricotta soup, side salad
    S - NSA Ice Cream

E - 80-90 min cardio
  • Stand fast, Amanda. At least you know in advance what the cortisone does to you.
  • The chocolate bunny is gone! I have been really falling down on the job of eating healthy this week. Luckily DH talked me out of ordering pizza for dinner last night.

Thursday:
    B - oatmeal, raisins, apple butter, skim milk
    L - leftover pasta and sausage and chard stuff
    S - small banana, two clementines
    D - leftover tsimmes and a frozen burrito
    S - hot cocoa
    E - strength day
  • Scale creeping upward. Resisting urge to- panic (and/or to say "You know what, I'm going to gain ANYWAY, might as well earn it).

Plan for today:
    B - Light sourdough, PB, sliced strawberries
    S - RF Salami, RF cheese, strawberries
    L - Leftovers: Grilled london broil, broccoli ricotta soup, roasted asparagus
    S - Greek yogurt, strawberries
    S - Protein Shake
    D - Extra lean (4% fat) beef hamburger with half an ounce of smoked gouda and a few caramelized spring onions, plus mustard and ketchup, and a big side salad
    S - NSA Ice Cream

E - Since I can't add in yoga or weights yet, I was thinking I'd push myself today with a long run. It might be too bouncy, though, in which case I'll do a longer incline workout.
  • Be strong Amanda...

Yesterday was a little high for me - Annie's Bunny Graham Friends and a granola bar in the mid-afternoon... then 1.6 servings of spinach wheat spaghetti instead of the planned 1. 0...

Today:
    B: fruit, protein & yogurt smoothie;
    S: string cheese
    L: grilled chicken on whole wheat
    Ss: berries; pineapple mango habanero greek yogurt; pb&j before run (if the rain stops...)
    D: either spelt spaghetti w/ red sauce or big salad
    S: depends on dinner - yogurt w/ granola, skinny cow or just some tea (Been eating later lately...)
  • Friday:
    L - @work, not sure yet
    S - maybe fruit, maybe none
    D - probably spaghetti and sauce
    E - probably dog walk

Can you tell my day is not very well planned?
  • yesterday had salad for dinner, pb&j before & banana after run, chocolate milk and two newman-o's for evening snack.

Today:
    E: either yoga or light strength training when I get home, maybe some stationary bike. DH isn't feeling well & we have DSS tonight so will all depend on time. And, I'm a little sore from the last two days.

B: fruit/protein/yogurt smoothie, coffee
    S: dried veggie chips, berries
    L: leftover roasted veggie scramble (brocc caul, zuch, car, jalapeno, red & anaheim pepper, onion, topped with tomato) mixed with a piece of grilled chicken
    S: chopped veggie (broc, caul, car), greek yogurt
    D: spaghetti, pb&j or some morningstar farm patty or the other
    S: yogurt or cereal depending on dinner cals
  • Hard won OP day yesterday.

Today's plan:
    B - Everything bagel thin, scrambled egg whites
    S - RF Cheese, RF Salami, Strawberries
    L - Leftover - extra lean burger on bagel thin w/ half ounce Gouda, side salad
    S - Protein Shake
    S - Greek yogurt w/ berries
    D - Grilled pork loin, baked potato wedges, sauteed cabbage
    S - NSA Ice Cream

E - 65 min incline trainer, 60 min strength
  • Scale is still med-wonky, but I'm at peace with it. It'll settle down eventually.

Saturday:
    B - Bagel Thin, 2 tbsp whipped light cream cheese, turkey slices
    L - Leftovers: Pork Loin, Roasted Potato, Sauteed Cabbage
    S - Kashi bar
    D - FiberGourmet spaghetti, super-lean beef meatballs, tomato sauce, side salad w/ light caesar dressing
    S - NSA Ice Cream
    E - 70 min incline trainer, 30 min yoga, a WHOLE LOT of housecleaning

Sunday:
    B - Whole wheat buttermilk pancakes with a sprinkle of blueberries, 1 serving mini chicken apple sausages
    L - Giant salad - Lots of veggies (greens, carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, broccoli) plus lots of protein (1/2 cup grilled chicken, 1/4 cup steamed tofu, 1/4 cup garbanzo beans), and some croutons. 30 calories worth of honey mustard dressing.
    D - Chili made with super lean ground beef, kidney beans, organic canned tomatoes, and lots of veggies (squash, peppers, garlic). 1.5 ounces of warmed french bread on the side.
    S - NSA Ice Cream, sliced strawberries, whipped cream
    E - Just 20 min yoga to keep myself limber. It was technically a rest day anyway.

Plan for today:
    B - Bagel Thin with egg whites and turkey breast
    S - RF Salami, RF colby jack stick, strawberries (I swear, this is such a satisfying snack to me. I love the protein kick it gives me).
    L - Leftover spaghetti and meatballs from Saturday, side salad
    S - Protein shake
    S - Greek yogurt w/ sliced strawberries
    D - Frittata made with 1 egg plus 2 egg whites per serving, with bacon, spring onion, asparagus, maybe a bit of broccoli. Side salad.
    S - NSA Ice Cream, sliced strawberries

E - 80 min mega run (intervals + steady state)
  • Sat and Sun were both POP food wise. No exercise....

Today:
    protein shake, strawberries walnuts
    salad with spinach, hardboiled eggs, blue cheese, onion, mushrooms
    1 hr weights, obligatory protein shake
    strawberries
    Amanda inspired me---turkey chili with zucchini and black beans. Avocado.
    Perhaps some sort of sprint intervals at DS's soccer practice.
  • Time to come clean.

Friday:
    L - @work, Panera - half smoked turkey sandwich, asian chicken salad, piece of baguette
    D - @Wendy's, 9 chicken nuggets w/sweet and sour sauce, a little more than half a medium frosty, a couple french fries, a couple sips of DH's coke
    S - beer, bite of chocolate
    E - dog walk

Saturday:
    B - steel cut oats, raw sugar, cinnamon, skim milk
    L - sandwich w/ww bread, 1 slice provolone, lettuce, some roast beef and turkey lunch meat, 2 clementines
    S - grapes
    D - roasted asparagus, spaghetti, sauce made of turkey sausage, onion, garlic, and pasta sauce
    S - beer, few pieces of chocolate, dried mango strip
    E - lots of walking and hiking

Sunday:
    B - grapefruit, slice of ww bread
    S - clementine
    L - leftover spaghetti & sauce
    S - licked the bowl of chocolate cookies
    D - @cooking club - a couple glasses of sangria, one glass of strawberry agua fresca, littel bit of grapefruit salad, 1 meatball, 1 fig toast, 1 bleu cheese toast, 2 garlic toasts, 1 pita triangle with some kind of dip, small amount of squash soup, 3 stuffed mushrooms, small amount of risotto, half a biscotti, 1 small butter cookie, 1 cornmeal cookie, small pc lemon cornmeal cake with blueberry sauce, small pc chocolate torte, 2 chocolate cookies, 1 shortcake w/strawberries and whipped cream, 1 bite of goat cheese ice cream
    S - three more chocolate cookies at home They are gone to work today.
    E - none to speak of

Monday:
    L - frozen chicken burrito
    S - banana
    D - fajita turkey burgers, salad w/italian dressing, roasted potato wedges
    S - glass of wine
    E - 2.6 mile run this morning, dog walk at night
  • Tuesday:
    L - leftover fajita turkey burger and potato wedges
    S - banana, clementine
    D - ground turkey and tofu with rice and bell pepper
    E - strength day
  • Running together a lot of POP days and a lot of activity. Scale is still high from meds but I am still on them (pain is lasting longer than it did in the last round of shots). I am working on being OK with it.

Plan for today:

B - Toasted bagel thin, whipped cream cheese, turkey
    S - Salami, RF cheddar, strawberries
    L - Bacon, onion, asparagus, and broccoli frittata, salad
    S - Greek yogurt w/ strawberries
    S - Protein Shake
    D - Grilled chicken breast, acorn squash puree with pumpkin butter, roasted asparagus
    S - NSA Ice Cream

E - 70 min cardio, 65 min strength
  • Chronic pain is for the birds. I'm sorry you have to deal with all of that, Amanda.

Sat, Sun, and Mon were POP food wise. I lifted weights yesterday. Tonight will be running sprints----or ELSE!!!

This primal thing is going pretty good. I've been hitting about 60-70 g carbs and my goal is 50-100 so I have some wiggle room and I'm going to add in sweet potatoes and beans (which I haven't yet,,,,no beans made it in the turkey last night).

Today:
    strawberries, protein shake, walnuts
    greek yogurt
    turkey, spinach, cheese
    hardboiled eggs
    veggies of some kind, protein of some kind, sweet potato
    HIIT running

Oh, and I'm down 2 lbs!