Salvation Prayer ...

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • thank you for this thread
  • this is a wonderful thread. It has help me so much.
  • Fellow believer and follower of Jesus here! BUMP! Good post.
  • Jesus knocked and I answered: 02/15/11
  • thats great
  • Quote:
    Jesus knocked and I answered: 02/15/11
    LAURAGINA ~ to the family of GOD; congrats to you for making the most important decision for your life here and for all eternity ...

SUZZEE, DANCING, BECCA ~ your welcome; glad you find it helpful ... makes it so worth while. May GOD richly bless everyone who comes by to read and share the message in this salvation thread!

ROSEBUD
  • Once you make a decision to accept JESUS as your Lord & Savior and commit your heart & life to him, there are some things that you can do that will help you learn & grow in your new Christian walk ...

1 -- READ THE BIBLE ~ find yourself a nice bible. The King James or Authorized Version (same work) is the most widely accepted and used bible in the world. There are other new revised versions available too. I also like the American Standard and The Good News Bible (for beginners or young persons). I use the AV when doing my daily readings and devotions.

It is recommended to start with the Gospel of JOHN, then the other Gospels (Matthew, Mark & Luke); then continue on with the other letters to the churches. You can supplement that with some Psalms (which are very comforting) and Proverbs (full of wisdom). After all that, then read the other old Testament books, starting with Genesis.

2 -- DAILY PRAYERS & DEVOTIONS ~ a) every morning I go to a quiet place and do some prayers starting with the LORD's PRAYER in Matthew 6 (also in Luke). Then I do praises and thanks for all the blessings GOD has given us (sometimes I sing some favorite hymns & songs too). Then I read some of the bible (about a chapter a day).

You can find some good devotional lessons on the net; just google "daily devotions" (ie The Daily Bread or A Positive Minute). These take only about 5-7 minutes to do each day: you read a scripture, then read a short message, and do a prayer at the end. I love them and find them so inspiring.

b) in the evenings before bed, I like to do prayer for my family & others in need; and read a Psalm before going to sleep. This is a quiet, peaceful way to end the day.

3 -- FIND A GOOD CHURCH ~ to attend where you can learn & worship & meet with other believers. You may have to try a few different churches out (either Protestant and/or Catholic) before you find the one you prefer (pray about this beforehand so the Lord can guide you). Try to find one where you sense in your heart & mind & spirit that the pastor/minister/priest "truly KNOWS & LOVES THE LORD".
  • Bumping ~ this thread up on this EASTER SALVATION weekend ... thank the LORD for being so courageous & brave: for enduring so much -- so that we all could be "saved" from the burden of sin & death, for now & all eternity! PTL!!!
  • Amen to that Rosebud!
  • Well, I think it's time to BUMP this thread up again; since it is so very important to those who are seeking, or who want to help others along the way ...

So now, I hope that you find the tips in this SALVATION THREAD helpful as you go about your new journey. There will be days when you come across some challenges. Be sure to PRAY about them and get other believers to pray with, and for you also. Once you become a follower of the LORD, you can count on HIM & His angels to help you in your life.

While GOD doesn't promise that our lives will suddenly become perfect over night -- HE does offer to help us, protect us, guide us, lead us, deliver us, rescue us, teach us, fight for us, defend us, correct us, heal us, provide for us, comfort us, abide with us, walk with us, encourage us, transform us, perfect us, care for us, and love us ...

and more ... WOW! That's a lot of promise! Remember, HE IS FAITHFUL even when we are not; even when our faith is a bit weak, He will not forsake us. HE is the author & finisher of our faith -- our dear JESUS! Look up; look to Him always! TRUST HIM!

Now, this takes practice on our part; just like anything in life. It's the human condition: we forget, we feel weak, and we get tired & weary; but HE never does. He not only offers to be with us and to help us, but He offers us the power & strength & wisdom we need to overcome our problems & troubles as well. Plus, He promises that He will never forsake us or leave us ...

THERE IS NOTHING THAT YOU WILL FACE ON THIS EARTH, THAT SOMEONE ELSE HASN'T ALREADY OVERCOME!

There are answers for most things; look for them; seek them, and you will find them. Be flexible, be open, and be creative ... and you'll be surprised what can happen, for ...

WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! Mark 10:27
  • I was thinking this week how important the gift of Salvation is, and how important it is for new & older Christians to understand this one very important thing -- Our new walk is with GOD, and the LORD JESUS CHRIST; and we must always remember that. We must go to the LORD whenever we need mercy & grace; and we must go to our Father GOD when we need help and guidance.

We need to continue to read HIS WORD (the bible) and pray to GOD (our LORD) throughout our Christian walk, so we can learn & grow. We need to ever be aware that our walk is not with human beings; they may share our walk with us, but they are not the source of our faith -- GOD is! Too often people forget this and let people get in the way.

Never let people stop you from believing; never let them take your joy away; never let them put you down when GOD loves you unconditionally; never let them come between you and the LORD for any reason; don't let their sinful nature cloud GOD's holiness, nor the LORD's compassion & beauty.

All people sin; we all have flaws; we all have shortcomings; we all have faults. There are sinners in every church; and all Christians sin. We all make mistakes, but that is why we need to turn to Christ -- He died on the cross to forgive our sins and that of others too. So, when we sin, we can ask Him for forgiveness and HE will forgive & forget them. And, we can then choose to forgive those who hurt us too; it's a double blessing.

No church is perfect; after all, churches are just run by and filled with ordinary people like you & I, who are human. We need to extend the same grace to each other that JESUS extends to us. If a brother or sister in Christ offends you; FORGIVE THEM, so they can be free of that burden, and so that you can heal.

Your new Christian relationship is with JESUS CHRIST, who introduced you to our dear HEAVENLY FATHER, GOD ... who is perfectly good & pure & holy, and He dwells in heaven. Don't make the mistake of blaming GOD for what others do or don't do, nor what they say. GOD is not responsible for their sin and we don't speak for GOD. We can only share with you what GOD has done for us.

If you have trouble in a church, or aren't comfortable there; do what you can to change things, but if that fails, -- then ask GOD to direct you to one that is better for you. Meanwhile, continue to read your bible, pray & sing; and continue on in your Christian walk the best you can ...
  • Well, since sharing the good news that GOD LOVES YOU is so very important, I just can't let this thread fall off the page.

I was thinking a lot this week about how we all come across challenges in our walk with the LORD; this is common in this life. We are ever learning, aren't we? Our faith is always being tested; and life has many ups & downs, but we must continue to cling to GOD. He is the source of our strength; He will carry us through the toughest of times.

Even when we fall on our face; or when we make the most regrettable mistakes, the LORD is there with His arms wide open to forgive us. It is a humbling experience. I am so very grateful that He is so full of understanding and compassion. When we are scared, HE is there for us -- to comfort us.

And when we need more strength; super strength even, he is there to sustain us and fill us with more of HIS SPIRIT. I was reminded of this recently ~ to continually ask GOD for a GREATER MEASURE OF HIS SPIRIT -- so that we can face the tough daily challenges that come our way (like Elijah did in 2 Kings).

I thank Him and praise Him for His faithfulness to me ... His compassion is new every morning (Lamentations 3:22/23). Thank you -- never seems like enuff sometimes ... but I am so very grateful!