Doing our own thing #4

You're on Page 2 of 20
Go to
  • I am ashamed to say I have not seen American Idol, but kept up with it through People magazine and the radio, etc.

Wow, Tig, that is the question. For me right now, the more important thing is low fat or fat free. I do try to incorporate some natural foods in there as well. Maybe you can try both. See what makes you feel the best. By natural, you mean? Like more whole grains, etc?

By the way, I love to grocery shop at the big stores REALLY late at night on the weekend. I can stand there and read labels to my hearts content.

I want to go to a health food store and just look at what the have there and see what I think. Maybe try some new things.

I'm still looking for a recipe for Lentil Loaf. Anyone have one?

Tiff
  • Tiff you didn't say if I was right or not about your location. Didn't want to mention the name of the town on an open site.

Tiger: I'll be glad when American Idol is over but think that there will be a new one starting and if not, then there is Survivor right around the corner. Everytime I say I'm not going to get hooked on those type shows but do.

Are you guys on WW or some other type weight plan? I may have asked this already but don't remember what you said if I did.
  • Semo, I PM'd ya
  • How cool, never been PM ed before.
  • I don't know what I'm doing. Was trying to limit %fat of all food items to less than 30%, and eat more natural foods....less over-processed items. Not doing to good on that plan right now. I have decreased my snacking. I was really bad. Hidden bags of mini reese cups in the casserole dish, packages of oreo's that no one else in the house knew about. debil food. Last winter I was also on a terrible ice cream kick. We would have a bowl of ice cream every night before bed. Hmm, wonder how I gained so much?
    No ones asking, but I'll tell....I live in Northern Indiana, Notre Dame country. President Bush is going to be less than an hour from me tomorrow, giving a speech at the airport.
    Semo, I hope I don't get hooked on Survivor AGAIN. I do the same thing, say I'm not gonna watch it this time. I've been watching Big Brother a little, but not hooked.
    Tiff, did you ever find a Bacon Bro CD? The first time I listened to them, I was starting a running program. Running my little heart out on the treadmill, listening to "a womans got a mind to change". I can't believe I actually got up to running 3miles and let it all go.That was 5yrs ago. Feels like a lifetime.
    I wish I could join the gym again. Maybe next year.
  • I dont know how that lick'n smile ended up in my post?
  • Hehe Tig ~ I was just wondering what the heck happened there.

Myself I live in the heart of "Silicon Valley" (big whupped). All that means is everything is freakin expensive and you could get laid off at the drop of a dime . You should see what people are paying to by a "cracker box" of a house, w/ NO yard even. It's unreal. About 4 blocks from me, they were selling townhouses for $700,000.00!! Can ya stand it? We've been looking Utah (no comments from the peanut gallery, puuullleeeezz) and we found an 8 bedromm, 5 bath, almost 5000sq for something around $200k. We could use the rooms, but who the heck's gonna clean it? Don't look at me , no way no how!!

Keep your fingers crossed for DH tomorrow (job interview), we're both on pins and needles. I have the whole "nervous stomach" thing going on. Not about the interview, but if he actually gets the job. It's gonna mean big changes. The job is about 5-6 drive from here, so I'll be packing up our bags and movin to Beverly, Hills that is.....hehe, okay 20-25 miles from Beverly.....Ya'll know the place. The place with them thar cement ponds.
  • I just thought you were licking your lips thinking about Kevin Bacon. HUBBA HUBBA.

I started out doing the 30% fat thing, courtesy of Susan Powter, then slowly started eating things that were more than 30%. LOL, so I stopped that. Now I try to eat low fat as much as possible and I just watch my total calories.

Semo, glad I could make your day by PM'ing you. LOL

Tiff
  • Tiger I could use some of that stash today, don't know what's wrong, well yes I do It's close to my TOM, and I want Junk mostly chocolate.

My baby boy (23) just called. He had a job interview with a car dealership and he had to sell the interviewer a stapler. Said that he did a good job too and the guy said that he would buy one. Keep your fingers crossed...HE NEEDS A JOB (mamma needs for him to have a job). He has one class on Monday afternoons at 3:30 and then he is doing an independent study. If all goes well, he will grad in Dec with a double major. Woop Eeeeeeee I can't wait until he is up and running on his own. What a $$ drain on the pocket book, my advice to you is make them finance their own college. When parents do it they want to go to school forever. No really I'm glad that we could but now I want to have some fun before I'm to old.
  • Wow Semo, my honey is a car salesman, and they were so desperate to have him, he didn't have to do anything. High turnover rate and all. They have pretty good incentives and you usually get a commission and then some of the manufacturers offer incentives to the salesman for selling their cars. Plus all kinds of extra bonus type things.

Mike is trying to win a cruise right now. Sell 60 cars in 4 months. Or average 15 a month. He sold 18 his first month, so I am crossing my fingers.

Cruise, Cruise, Cruise. (anyone been on one?)

Tiff
  • Boss just left so I have to stay up front at the counter. Chat with you gals tomorrow.
  • Never been on a cruise. Our big family thing is camping. But, we sold the camper last summer and I had a few too many bad tent experiences to want to do that again. We're wait'n for the right camper to come along. DH builds 'em, so it'll happen. Our last one was an insurance claim deal, but the floor plan was not good for us and beds uncomfortable. Off subject there....no, no cruise.
    Yeah, lick'n lips over Kevin Bacon. I loved seeing them in concert and would go again if I could.
    Semo, I still keep a stash...only now it's peppermint patties in the freezer....break of a piece here and there....eat the whole thing if it's that kind of day. Only 3grams of fat in the big size.
  • I don't have a stash of any kind. I can't do it. I bought Mike a bag of Mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups one time, and he forgot to take them to work and I ate the whole bag.

Nope, no stash for me. Doesn't stay stashed long. I don't keep hardly ANY junk in the house. I get the munchies in the evening and if I open the cabinet and there isn't anything there, then I can't eat it. If there is...I will eat it. NO willpower what so ever.

Well, this has been a busy day. I feel like this little guy.

Well, *stretch* I think I will sit here and relax.

Tiff
  • The grill is fired up...but I don't know why I was think'n DH would help. Oldest son and DH will be at ftball practice until 7pm. Brain Fart. So, I guess I'm grill'n solo. I soaked sweet corn all day, throw'n on some baked potatoes, and steaks. My plan is to pig out on the corn. Hope it's tasty.
    My pants are feel'n extra baggy. They are size 18 Levi's. I was "filling them out" last winter. But, the 16's don't seem roomy enough. I should make myself wear the 16's...extra reminder all day not to over-eat. I don't have any 14's left in jeans...maybe a couple skirts. I'd love to get into a comfortable 12. I think someone else said the same.
    Off to grill alone Oh well, at least it's a nice evening. The little kidlen will help.
    Oh, about the peppermint pattie stash...the flavor is so strong, I can't eat them all....too much peppermint, tummy ache...so, just a little gives me my chocolate/sweet fix.
  • Hi all!
    Hi everyone!

Just got a chance to get on....took me awhile to read all the posts to catch up! Wish I could get on at work but I have too many eyes over my shoulder and they would probably be composing my posts before long! would not be my own work, you know....

Kelly won! Kelly won! Kelly won! for those of you who missed American Idol.... She is a little sweetheart from Texas who won all our hearts! and what a voice! The girl is amazing! It looks like they are gonna do it all over again next year again since this show made such a splash!

I walked a mile on the track tonight...that's progress for me in this heat! And I drank the water today so I guess I had a two point day. I'm still getting the hang of the eating, but it hasn't been too bad. Breakfast and lunch are OP but I have problems with afternoon and evening---I'm hooked on a 70 cal frozen fudge bar with no fat but I can't just eat one. At least it is only 1 WW pt. but I can eat 3-4 a night. Not sure if I should stop buying them or just limit myself....what IS the healthy thing to do? Save points for them, try to only eat 1-2 per day or just stop buying them?

I think I'll hang my favorite button fly jeans in full view and keep trying them on until they fit! I saw in a magazine where you hang this decorative hook outside your closet door (theirs had a metal flower on it) and that is where you put what you will wear the next day (kinda an organizational thing). Mine will be for what I WILL wear soon... a reminder of what I use to wear

Gotta go...time for bed. Have a great Thursday everyone! Friday is just around the corner...

"Bright"