Doing our own thing #4

You're on Page 17 of 20
Go to
  • Ok, my friends. I have a serious question and can't ask just anyone.

Let's jump right into it here. Frankly, my last 3 or 4 periods have been unbearable. This one arrived yesterday after a Saturday of slight cramping, headache and back ache. Yesterday I spent most of the day curled in a little ball and swallowed almost an entire bottle of Midol and a couple Pamprin to boot. Today, my back is killing me and I'm nauseaus and bloated. I've been to the ladies room at least a dozen times and still have to soak my underwear tonight. (Sorry for being gross. )

If memory serves me right, this will go on for at least the rest of today and tomorrow as well. Then the pain will back off but Aunt Flo will continue to ruin my cheap Walmart underwear for at least the rest of the week.

Those of you who know me best know that I had a run-in with ovarian cancer a few years ago. (January 1998.) Back then, the doc. took one ovary and tried to talk me into hysterectomy. I got other opinions and decided against it. Now I'm kicking myself. I've got to get on the phone and schedule an appt. and have been meaning to but, well, you know, life happens. I didn't want to go before because I didn't want it to ruin my vacation plans. (How's that for being childish about it?)

During the other 20 or so days of each month, I feel fine. Well, usually. I also have a tendency towards assorted infections. But today, I sorta want to die. Thank goodness Rich is driving me home tonight because I'm already fuzzy on drugs. Can you OD on Midol? Everyone's complaining that it's so cold in this building (I'm usually always cold) but I'm finding it unbearably warm. Obviously, I'm ill!

Anyone have any experience with "girlie problems"??

Hurtin' camper.
  • I just have the heavy, heavy periods that last for a while, and then I spot all through, off and on, until the next one. I believe mine are Fibroid Tumors. When I delivered my surrogate baby last year, the doctor mentioned that I had Fibroids and we would have to watch them. And based on my research, I think that is causing my problems, but I don't have the cramping. Let me do some research on the net here and see what I can come up with.

Tiff
  • Jello ~ I'm sorry to hear that your in so much pain. This may be a dumb question, but have you tried the pill (you could be on it as far as I know). But I've had friends get on it (when we were younger) due to cramps. I noticed it helped me also. I haven't been on the pill in ages, but if memory serves.....it helps. I remember in Jr. High, having to lay in the fetal positions w/ a heating pad as my best bud. I popped Tylenol and just rocked until I fell asleep, one I woke up I would be alot better. Once, it was so bad, I was vomiting up blood. The school sent me home. I had lost all color in my body. So I have been there, but don't know if you can OD on Midol. I say call the doc & find out. I have been cursed w/ one that last all 7 days and is very heavy. I started last Thursday and it's still heavy today!! Thank gawd for cheap draaws .

I really hope you can find come answers and can start to feel better soon. I have 3 friends that have had hysterectomies not including my mom and co-worker. They are all fine. One friend was ready to go out party because she was "Fixed" HA go figure!!

Feel better.......
  • Yeah, I am finding the usual stuff online. It could just be too many things, and I don't want to attempt to diagnose something that could potentially be very serious. Because, I LIKE you. Now, if you were Mike's ex, I would tell her that is wasn't a big deal and she should treat it with large doses of Arsenic.

Anyway, get it checked out hun.
    Tiff
    And in the mean time, take it out on the Witch.
  • Please see your doctor right away given your history you can't take a wait and see attitude with the symptoms you are reporting.

Also you have to be careful with how much Tylenol type products (Midol, et. al.) you take because of liver damage.

The nausea may be an irritated stomach lining due to all the medicine you took today, but it could have a lot to do with your period.

However, it could be neither and be related to your ovaries. Please, please call your gyno right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, if you check out Ok with the doctor, and you don't OD on the medicine, you could try taking Correctol about 1-2 days before your period. I found that having a clean colon...get my drift dimished the cramps. Also take calcium and magesium..this is supposed to help cramps too..but it takes a cycle or two before you feel the results.

E-mail at [email protected] and let me know how you make out.

Quote:
    Originally posted by Jello
    Ok, my friends. I have a serious question and can't ask just anyone.

Let's jump right into it here. Frankly, my last 3 or 4 periods have been unbearable. This one arrived yesterday after a Saturday of slight cramping, headache and back ache. Yesterday I spent most of the day curled in a little ball and swallowed almost an entire bottle of Midol and a couple Pamprin to boot. Today, my back is killing me and I'm nauseaus and bloated. I've been to the ladies room at least a dozen times and still have to soak my underwear tonight. (Sorry for being gross. )

If memory serves me right, this will go on for at least the rest of today and tomorrow as well. Then the pain will back off but Aunt Flo will continue to ruin my cheap Walmart underwear for at least the rest of the week.

Those of you who know me best know that I had a run-in with ovarian cancer a few years ago. (January 1998.) Back then, the doc. took one ovary and tried to talk me into hysterectomy. I got other opinions and decided against it. Now I'm kicking myself. I've got to get on the phone and schedule an appt. and have been meaning to but, well, you know, life happens. I didn't want to go before because I didn't want it to ruin my vacation plans. (How's that for being childish about it?)

During the other 20 or so days of each month, I feel fine. Well, usually. I also have a tendency towards assorted infections. But today, I sorta want to die. Thank goodness Rich is driving me home tonight because I'm already fuzzy on drugs. Can you OD on Midol? Everyone's complaining that it's so cold in this building (I'm usually always cold) but I'm finding it unbearably warm. Obviously, I'm ill!

Anyone have any experience with "girlie problems"??

Hurtin' camper.
  • Okay, so I finally have some time to play and no one seems to be game. Bummer.

I'm so NOT looking forward to going to storage tonight. We share a storage w/ my mom and let me tell ya, it totally sucks!

So I would appear that the company in LA doesn't have the money that DH wants, so so much for that. The new and definite plan is, we're moving next summer to Utah. If my contract gets renewed I'll be here until May of next year then we'll move in June. We should have some money in the bank and life should be grand (I hope). I hope it won't be a case of the grass is greener.

Anyhoo, I'm done rambling and I'll check in later.
  • I'm bored and sick and don't feel like playing. (taking my toys and going home)

Actually, I ordered this stuff that is absolutely the BOMB! It's called Simply Salsa. And it is seasoning in a bottle (like a large spice jar) that you mix with a can of chopped tomatos and BAM, you have salsa. It comes from a line called Simply Tasteful and it is SO wonderful. It is a Spring/Summer item, though and I was able to snag a few bottles before they stopped selling them for the season. So, I am having salsa tonight after WW...WOO HOO!!!! Of course, my throat is raw and sore, so I'm sure that will be EXCELLENT on it!

Maybe I had better save it for later and have a cup of Blackberry tea instead.

I have made a decision girls. I think it is time I started strength training. I don't want to lose this weight and then have saggy skin. I think I need to start doing some weights and things NOW before it is too late. So, as I lose the rest of this weight, I can tone as well. Walking just won't do that where I need it the most.

Anyone else here thinking along those lines? Besides Jo, the Gym Hootch? LOL

Curious....maybe I SHOULD join the gym, but heck, it is in the next town, and close to my job right now, but this IS temporary and who knows where I will be working next. I hate to sign up and then be on the other side of town and never go.

Things to ponder on a Monday,
    Tiff
  • Tiff, does the gym offer a monthly membership?
    I'm with you, need to do something more than walking. I don't have gym that's close enough or cheap enough for that matter.

Leaves are starting to change color here. I love fall, but it comes on too quick, then wham, its gone.
  • Tig, walk over here to my house and we will work out together. LOL

I am looking to see if they have a website. I know we have a "Gold's Gym" here too...trying to see what would be best for me. I like to play raquetball and stuff too...

Still checking,
    Tiff
  • whew, went out and pulled the brown leaves off my daylilies. quite a pile, looks like a pile of straw. draught city, everything is turn'n brown.

i would love to have someone to work out with. someone to be accountable too....since i can't seem to count on myself.

almost time for football practice. maybe i'll walk around the school grounds for some exercise.
    later taters!
  • I know what you mean Tig. I would love it if we were all in the same town, and could get together and walk and stuff. *sniffle*

But I will have to get over it. Ok, getting nervous about weigh in tonight. I almost HATE going in the evening. It kind of sucks. I am always lighter in the morning. Then I eat breakfast and lunch and retain water and feel fat and then go weigh in. Blech.

Weigh in at 7:00. Arggh.....
    Tiffany ~ biting her nails
  • Hi girls.
    Im going crazy. im sooo fed up!
    I told you about my roomate right? the girl that moved in with us becuase her parents like...disowned her and she got kicked out of her house and stuff? well she moved in wiht us...my dad DIDNT EVEN ASK if we wanted her to.....and im fed right up! Shes there when i get up in the morning..she follows me around ALL DAY at school, shes there after school.....Shes just ALWAYS THERE> and shes not even TRYING to make other friends. She just wants to be around ME ...ALL THE TIME.

And not only that.....but shes like....always around my dad too...i cant even talk to my dad alone anymore. and he treats her like GOLD and me and my sister are like.....i dont know. He just *****es about how much i NEVER clean up the house and stuff and if megan puts a friggin CUP in the garbage or something its like friggin queen elizabeth just walked through the front door.

Tonight they went into the city to get megan some school clothes...he was supposed to take my sister and megan and i was going to stay home and do homework and have the house to myself for the night....well....my dad just decides that my sister needs a birthday present RIGHT TONIGHT so she has to stay home. and now SHES mad at him..and megan didnt want to go shopping with just my dad cause thats ******ed.

even my friends are like..yeah megan is ALWAYS with your dad....and people are starting to say ******ed things....i mean...like megan looks like shes 20 and they keep saying things like...oh yeah its your dads new girlfriend and stuff.....and even when they are joking its not funny. and my moms boyfriend (who i cant stand) ALWYAS says things like that and i hate it.

This girl has caused SOOOO many problems..my dad like...doesnt even pay attention to me anymore......like....megan isnt even smart! She is take the stupid courses in high school....she is supposed to graduate this year but she wont because she got kicked out of school last year and the year before for smoking weed at school.....and my dad is so oblivious..he thinks she is just the nicest most innocent person ever. She is taking the easy grade 10 courses this year......and i mean....she cant even get into collage or anything with those courses...and im taking friggin honors courses and my dad pays more attention to her. frigg im mad.......

well sorry to ***** so much but im going to explode!
    i gotta run...i gotta type some stuff out for Ryan that he needs me to send him....ill talk to you later.
    luv
    Kayla
  • Wow Kayla, that sounds like you are in a bad situation. Are you able to sit down with you Dad and tell him how you feel? Tell her you have to speak privately to your dad and go for a ride or something. Tell him everything you told us, I bet he has no clue about how everyone feels. It was nice of him to take her in, but when it disrupts the whole family...that may be a huge problem.

You probably need to sit down with her and tell her that she is doing some things that are bothering you. She may not realize that following you around is ticking you off. She may just think that you are ALL THAT, like we do, and just want to bask in your presence! Tell her you are used to your space and she needs to respect that. And tell your dad, that he needs to treat her as he would treat anyone else in the family and to not walk on eggshells around her.

I wish you luck.
    Tiff
  • Hi all!

Just have a minute and wanted to pop in, somebody messed with my alarm clock and I just realized that is is 6:00 instead of 5:00 and I'm seriously running late. I won't be around much for the next week, if at all.
    Jello, take care of yourself. I will say a prayer for you.

LJ
    225/195/150
    Halloween Goal - 185
  • What 'cha think, is 15 miles too far to drive for the gym? Thanks to Tiff, I'm exploring my options.