General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 11:29 AM   #196  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Dyan, sorry you are broken. That kind of sucks.

Ok, I am STILL on this hair thing. Check this out!

Quote:
How Hair Grows

Believe it or not, your hair is mostly made up of a form of protein—and it's the same protein you'll find in your fingernails and toenails.

Your hair has a growing cycle, and a resting cycle. Most of the hair on your scalp is growing, and it continues to grow for 2 - 6 years! The rest of the hair on your scalp—about 10% of it—stays in a resting phase for about 2 - 3 months, then your scalp sheds this hair. How much is 10%? You might shed 50 to 100 hairs a day—this is about average.

After you shed a strand of hair, your scalp replaces it with a new hair from the same follicle. Then the 2 - 6 year growing cycle begins a new.

At what rate does your hair grow? That, of course, varies from person to person. On average, your hair probably grows about 1/2 inch a month. But as you grow older, your rate of hair growth can easily slow down.

Here's an interesting fact: According to the American Academy of Dermatology:

"Natural blondes typically have more hair (140,000 hairs) than brunettes (105,000 hairs) or redheads (90,000 hairs)."
Old 09-12-2002, 12:03 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Tiff ~ Your cracking me up , I don't know, maybe cuz' I have TOO much hair (If that's possible). It's super thick and HEAVY. It takes over an hour to blow dry it and if I let it dry naturally, depending it could take hours or a few days. Yup, a few days.....go figure. I guess the grass is always greener....(I do have vites, just don't take them regularly). Ya kinda get tired of it, when you take them every single day while preggars (don't forget I was a pregnoid, for almost 2 years straight! had a 3 month break in between.

Okay....so now it's official. It's TOM....THANK GAWD, because I was starting to think that I was going bonkers , plus the scale went up this a.m. I had KFC, honey BBQ strips last night , but was still in range.

Hey ....didn't a certain someone.....I won't mention names......JELLO.....supposed to go weigh in last night at the gym? So how'd ya do girlie? I'm wondering if it was worse than ya thought, as you didn't mention it in your earlier post.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:16 PM   #198  
Long Lost Chickie

Hair I am!! Huh? What? Hair a little, There a little.

It's official. I've lost my mind. :hypno2: So guess who "yelled at" the company president this morning? Just off the top of your head (sorry) guess. Yep. Me. I do so much around here for so many people, him included. I can do 99 things right and make one little mistake ... actually, he didn't explain what he wanted! ... and he's all over me.

Well, not literally. That would be ewwwwwww!!!!

Thanks for the hair info. Tiff. I take Women's One A Days every day. Makes me big and strong! It's funny though. I made myself a note this morning to call my hair dresser to make an appt. and now here you are talking about hair. Hmmm... Should I be concerned? Do-do-do-do.... (Twilight zone theme song for you who didn't recognize it.)

Dyan, actually I weigh in at the gym TONIGHT. I am so NOT looking forward to it. I've been off the wagon since Scotland and am just sitting here on my big butt waiting for the next wagon to roll on into the station.

Yep, just some big fat old bald crazy woman sittin' in the station....

Hey, I should write a song...
Old 09-12-2002, 12:54 PM   #199  

Now I will be singing that hair song:

Gimme a head with hair, long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen
Give me down to there, hair!
Shoulder length, longer (hair!)
Here baby, there mama, Everywhere daddy daddy...

Ok, moving on. Jo, good luck tonight and good for you for taking your vitamins.

Dyan. You can stop bragging now about your fabulous hair. LOL

Hungry..time to eat my yogurt
Tiff
Old 09-12-2002, 12:58 PM   #200  

Jello ~ I'll let it slide THIS time . I'm sure it won't be as bad as ya think. Don't forget you got lots of exercise. I'll be thinking about ya tonight.

Hey, so how much for a copy of your song?
Old 09-12-2002, 01:03 PM   #201  

That's me.... the HAIR bragger ! HA. Although I once wrote an ode about it, in creative writing. We had to write an ode anything, a watermelon, socks, whatever. Was having a bad hair day so picked that as my subject. Teach told me that I should try to get it published. NOT! I'll leave that stuff to my bro-hamm. He's written a children's book, but hasn't gotten it published, YET. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 09-12-2002, 01:45 PM   #202  
Long Lost Chickie

Ok, Tiff, you can sing that song, just don't go gettin' all nekked on stage and stuff.....

Dyan, my hair's really thick too though not as thick as yours!! I can put my in a pony tail in the morning while it's still damp and the ponytail's still damp when I take it out in the evening.

Semo, me too. I thought someone here was talking new man or something???? Are we imagining things? They say the memory is the second thing to go.

What's the first?

Can't remember.

Gotta go call the hair dresser now. I need something new and daring. Any suggestions? Uh, within reason.... Yes, I realize Halloween's coming up....
Old 09-12-2002, 02:07 PM   #203  

I believe ya'll might be thinking about Huntress and not Tig. Could be wrong though....
Old 09-12-2002, 02:39 PM   #204  

You guys are so entertaining! I feel like a slob with nothing to contribute these past few days. Too busy coming home, back to work. To many things undone and people to catch up with. Now I've got one helluva sinus infection and I'm home in bed. Dang it! But I'm taking garlic and will go through my cupboards for other natural antibiotics. I'm not going to be sick! Oh wait, too late. Hm. Anywho, since that time of year is coming I'll give you my surefire sinus beater remedy - salt water, up your nose. Off to the shower...

~Cafe

P.S. Huntress, I love old musicals, too.

edited because I can't spell...

Last edited by Cafe976; 09-12-2002 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-12-2002, 02:41 PM   #205  

Not me! I've been training DH for too many years to start over!

I've run errands all day and I am exhausted. I need to wear one of those little things that measures how many miles I walk on days like this.

I ran into an old friend at wally world. Guy. I hate that. I wasn't look'n totally frumpy, could have been worse. Ofcourse, I didn't have on a stitch of makeup and I was dressed like a ....dressed too motherly. AND, I talked too much. Drove home wondering why I didn't shut the heck up.

I need a hair cut too. I'm thinking about growing it out....if I can live through the shaggy phase. I'll just need to buy some neat winter hats to help me through it. On second thought, I don't want to be on business trip with DH and have shaggy hair. Grow out postponed.

Jello, good luck at weigh-in tonight. I'd think having someone watch me weigh-in would be good motivation. I could use DH, but he still has no clue how much I weigh.
Old 09-12-2002, 04:15 PM   #206  

Oh sure, it's a chat fest until I get here. Now it's ghost town.

DS's bday is tomorrow. He asked me if I could quit calling him my baby after he turns six.

I ate cereal for lunch. Feels like I've been living at the grocery store, but still nothing for me to eat. I get in these food funks...I'm tired of everything I've been eat'n, but don't know what else to try....especially what else to try that would be good for me.

The salt water/nose thing....my boys doctor told me to do that. I bought the saline mist nasal spray stuff.

Old 09-12-2002, 04:18 PM   #207  

I had to go to the dentist. Nuff said.

Grouchy again. LOL
Old 09-12-2002, 04:20 PM   #208  
Long Lost Chickie

I'm still here Tig!!

Ah but now I've got to be off. It's off to the gym and time to face the music. I've rehearsed all my excuses in my head....

Oh well. Time for a fresh start, right?

Send good vibes? :
Old 09-12-2002, 04:23 PM   #209  

Ah, that's right. I forgot about the dentist. How did it go?
Old 09-12-2002, 04:25 PM   #210  

I was just visiting the my sofa sectional thingy online. Still haven't made up my mind and need to do so soon or they aren't going to take this broken piece of crap back.

Wouldn't it be so cool to have a private chef? I could eat healthy all the time if someone else would fix it for me.
Closed Thread