Peanut butter ideas??

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I love peanut butter stirred into oat meal or oat bran! So warm and creamy!

And there's always good old PB&J sandwiches. Or you can spread peanut butter on other types of sandwiches. For example turkey with peanut butter and an asian slaw.

Also, here are a couple of great recipes from Cooking Light that use peanut butter and that have been big hits in our house:
    Here is a soup recipe that is also a big hit in our house--one of my favorite go-to meals because it tastes great, it's easy to make, and it feeds the two of us for three nights.

Navy Bean and Peanut Butter Soup
    • 1 med onion (6 oz), diced
    • 2 cups celery (7 oz), diced
    • 1 cup carrots (5 oz), diced
    • 12 oz ham, diced
    • 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
    • 3 cups fat free chicken broth
    • 14.5 oz canned tomatoes
    • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
    • 2 15 oz cans navy beans (or 1 can of navy beans and 1 can of pinto beans)
    • 3 tbsp peanut butter

Saute the onion, celery, carrots, and ham with a little cooking spray until the veggies are just slightly tender. Add garlic, broth, tomatoes, and cayenne pepper and simmer until the veggies are just about the consistency that you like. Add the beans and the peanut butter and simmer until the peanut butter is combined with the broth and the beans are heated.

Makes six servings at about 300 calories per serving.
  • hey, thanksw barbara that navy bean soup looks great, although i must say id never heard of navy beans before!!! we just call them beans over here lol. but thanks, it looks fab!!! x