It is official now..... I am a maintainer!

• Good Morning Ladies! I had posted a couple times before in this section, but I felt I wasn't being fair to myself. But, it is official now..... I hit goal on Friday (maintained over the weekend) and now I am here to scoop up some tips from the long time maintainers. I am bound and determined that one day I will be a long time maintainer.... but to get to that point I have to take it one day at a time.

I got up this AM, I did my usual work out routine. I did not eat my "usual" breakfast this AM, however I do plan to go back to it. I just wanted a break for the day. (I ate a bagel instead of oatmeal). I plan to eat my usual lunch and a light supper.

So, anyone have any great tidbits of advise?

I look forward to meeting all of you.

Tammy
  • Hi Tammy,

Congratulations!!! I don't have any great advice to give as I'm not always very eloquent with words. I've been here for five years and am still soaking up all the advice and experience I can get too. I suppose my advice would be, enjoy maintenance, and also, know that it is just a different part of the same journey. Glad you've joined us!

Megan
  • Welcome Tammy! Congratulations on your loss!

Please join us on the chat thread and any other threads that you'd like. There are a few stickies in the maintainers forum that have a lot of good advice and collective wisdom!
  • Welcome and good luck . I had the same questions that you have. I was shocked to learn that you maintain your weight loss the same way you lost it . What a concept ! I never tried that before and never maintained. I still plan my meals ahead of time, still count calories , still exercise . I have an occaisional treat but for the most part, it is plan, count, exercise. And it works. When I fail to do that the scale starts creeping up.
  • Thank you all. I know I don't want to let the scale creep up..... so I am here for the long haul.

I know it is a "mental" thing.... I am hungrier than normal today. BUT, I am not giving into that beast.

Tammy
  • Goal
    [quote=ladyrider72472;3212287]Thank you all. I know I don't want to let the scale creep up....
    [/quote

And it doesn't have to. 94 pounds lost is fantastic !