For the last time!

• Hello all! I am new here. I've been lurking around here for a few days and have decided to join! Hoping that participating in a forum can help me lose this weight for the last time! I have somehow managed to get myself up to 235 lbs! 35 of it in the past year as I quit smoking 14 months ago. Bad part is I am still gaining! My goal is 2 lbs. a week until I hit 150! This site has been so inspirational I know I can do it this time!
  • Good luck, I hope you accomplish your goal..Stay strong and positive. You can do it..
  • I just joined too and am also inspired by all the positivity here
  • I am new too, congrats on quitting smoking! Pam
  • Welcome! Congratulations on your quitting smoking. I'm new here also after lurking for several months. This site is very inspirational and supportive and a good place to come to recharge the batteries when the journey gets difficult. I will you lots of success in meeting your goals.
  • hi! I'm new too, and we have almost the same goal!

I'm at 240 and I'm aiming for 150 at 2lbs a week! Woohoo!

we can do it
  • Thank you for all the replies. Day 3 and still going strong! Just got back from my first bike ride of the year! Did 20 minutes and oh how I was reminded that an actual bike ride is so much rougher than a gym exercise bike bike ride! My plan is to stay at 2000 calories (for now) and do something active 6 days a week. What ideas for weight loss are you using??
  • Welcome! I'm new today but as you can see I have gotten around quite a bit here. Can't stop reading the forum LOL

We are in the same boat. And we will do it. I have about 100 lbs to lose so it will be fun sharing our successes with each other.

Way to go on your bike ride! That is awesome. I don't count calories but I probably should. Used to keep a food journal but it drove me nuts. I wonder if I could start one back up, maybe not be as detailed and just write down what I eat and how much. That might work. hmmmmm

Anyway, welcome and nice to meet you!

Angie
  • Thanks Angie. I read your thread and how you are planning on running a 1/2 marathon. I think that is great! A friend & I were "attempting" to train for one in september of last year but for odd reasons or another it didn't work out. We didn't plan on running the whole thing but every other mile.

You are so positive and I can just tell you are going to reach your goal! I have found keeping a food journal helps keep me on track. It is so easy for me to overdo it if I don't. I may even write everything down yet not add up calories until I'm at work the next day. But I'm able to remember I HAVE to add them up eventually. :-) I look forward to hearing your success story! PS I'm an Angie too!
  • Hang in there!

I'm making progress, but I'm still figuring out all the "Getting Started" stuff too.

Welcome!

A.
  • i'm doing the good old calories in less than calories out. It's pretty basic so far I plan on adding in some exercise this summer once I'm living at home again.