LesBiAlternachicks and Friends

You're on Page 4 of 22
Go to
  • Hey, I just tried the test, got all the way to the end, and was rewarded with a black screen. That's all. Just black, empty, nothingness. Does this mean I need a shrink? I am devoid of feeling? Should I be concerned?
  • Yeah, it indicates a severe case of homophobia.
  • mauvais........

I've become jaded too and only
    really noticed this when I started working from home 3 days/week.

On the days I'm at home, I sometimes have the TV on in the background, turned to a cable channel with real life stories, you may know the one I'm talking about.

A few times a day they run the "Wedding Story" and show tales of real life couples, how they met, the details of their wedding.......and it's all sickeningly sweet and traditional.......

sometimes I throw my flip flops at the screen and start yelling to no one in particular........" It's not about the flowers! It's not about what your families think......!!"

"True love is when you've got the flu, you're getting sick all over the place, he's holding the bucket for you while tissuing away your tears, then he runs to the store to buy you some ginger ale, runs upstairs with a tall glass of it and still tells you you're the cutest thing"

Ok, I'm weirding out here - must be time for bed.

As I was typing this, I kept getting the pop up msg about the food pyramid and obesity........what's up with that??

terrigrrrl
  • Wildfire-I can relate, I have tried 3 times now, and each time my computer has frozen a few seconds into tabulating the results!!!

Barefoot-YUP!! True love is when your sweetie looks at you after YEARS of being together, and an aditional 110 pounds (GEEZ, I doubled my body size!!) and STILL tells you you are beautiful!!

Mauvais-I don't get those on my computer (at least on THIS site!!) I HATE those things. Some sites you have to close 4 or 5 of 'em just to get OUT!!

Ellis-I didn't say he wanted kids, I just said he wanted to sit around the house!!!!! I love that movie!! It also has Alan Arkin who is a SCREAM!!!
    I should rent that!!! Maybe do a double feature with "Meet the Parents".....
    and tell the kids that's how WE'RE going to be!!! I used to threaten them with birth videos on their first dates......"...and here comes the placenta.......care for some cranberry juice dear?" But we didn't really tape their births so it is just an empty threat (sob). We also threatened to purchase the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile as our family car. Pick them up at school, chaperone their dates etc. in it!! That used to HORRIFY our 15 year old when he was about 10, but now he is as bad as we are!!!! Today he told us we are "The coolest parents he know's......except for C's father....he is REALLY cool!" That is a band member's dad. So we aren't bad for old farts is what he is really saying!!! About the family reunion....SURE!! But it will probably have to be in Rhode Island, 'cause my sister says she ain't coming here!! She is having a hysterectomy in January, getting the baby in the spring (hopefully) and she will be on sabbatical from the end of this semester until fall 2003, so next summer will be split between Rhode Island and her sweetie's place in North Carolina. Having a long distance relationship and a new baby will be tough.
  • Here is the big ole lezzie herself.
    Sorry I've been too busy eating cake, cookies, icecream and chocolate to check in ...
    Seriously, I'm feeling disgusted with my weight. Still holding at 189...this is the week that I promised myself I'd head to the gym...I better do it.

You guys are so whacked. It's so uplifting to read all the bizarre messages here. I love you all. Probably none of you should be allowed to rear children.
    Sojo, I think that you totally got the thing on that test. It seems like it was measuring how accurate you are when you associate positive words with homosexuals versus positive words with heteros and vice versa. But, if you have some kind of learning disability or some weird brain disorder...ie Ellis, you might just screw up because you're screwy...not because of any particular feeling about any one...well...did that dribble make you happy that I've come back???

Missed you girls. Sorry I was busy cooking for Rosh Hashanah, getting DD settled with starting kindergarten, eating, as stated earlier, avoiding exercise of any type, working at the office...what's up with that?, sleeping (no insomnia, no late night visits online), refinishing two end tables for living room...and yesterday, kitchen sink decided to upchuck its contents and then when I was using washing machine water started coming up from that into kitchen sink!!!!!! when I ran into laundry room to turn off washing machine there was a six foot fountain spraying from the hose where the washing machine spews water into waste pipe...spurting right up into the air..it was actually quite lovely...I was screaming f#@k, f#%k, f*#k...which would have been okay but I was holding the telephone at the time talking to my sister...I'm sure that I also said "oh my gosh the water from the washer is coming up in the kitchen sink...I better turn off the washer before it overflows onto my new cabinets and floor....and then when I stepped into the laundry room, "there's water everywhere, oh no!!! " Sister only remembers hearing the f-word over and over....

Plumber comes tomorrow...had no kitchen sink for two days and have a load of laundry in washing machine that has been soaking in there since Saturday....yuckaroni. can you say mildew? can you say scanky old water stank is on my clothes?

Well, better get some sleep so I can wake peanut in the mornin for kindergarden...she didn't fall asleep until 11:00 tonight...even tho she had two half days last week, Wed. and Thurs., I think she was excited/nervous about her first full day. She will be very tired tomorrow so I'm just going to cater to her every whim and do whatever it takes to get her out of the door without a major tantrum!!!!

Talk to you soon girlies. Love, Soozie
  • You are all *hysterical*!!!!

Since this is the first time I've posted to the lezzie thread I guess I should declare myself a lover of all things human, flora and fauna. I, like Ellis and many others am a homophobe too I guess - so come'ere and let me give you all big ol' wet KISS!!!! >SMoooooCH!<

I'm not going to bother with the online test because I have a sneaking suspicion that it's all rigged and some idiot is going to start sending out "reprogramming" emails - "gay? lesbian? let me cure you!" - we will of course letter bomb this person...

Dent - Congratulations to your sister and the impending adoption - I hope it all goes smoothly!

Terrrrri - I couldn't agree with you more - I've watched the Wedding Story and wished they'd do like what they do for the Baby Story show - follow ups!!!
    "Mr. & Mrs. X were the annoyingly happy, gushing, smoochy faced couple from ____, whatever state. They married after knowing each other for 4 days, their wedding cost their parents $15,000. Their subsequent divorce cost more than the wedding - but the attorneys are happy and now engaged themselves!". Now THAT is more realisitic! (sorry, do I sound jaded??)

Sooozie - ICK! I hope plumbing **** is over soon!

Ok, time to take my attitude back to work...

Terri *snort*
  • Terri - oh good! I'm glad someone else knows what I am talking about......yes, they need to do a follow up on the Wedding Stories LOL

I have no idea why I watch these things.....must be the closeted frustrated psychotherapist in me......but I watch them and I'm just amazed.......I kinda like the Dating Stories because at least they admit it when things don't work out!!

The best best best stories are the Makeovers.....woman loses weight...gets a makeover......guy wants to get rid of his love handles......gets liposuction......

perhaps we relate based on the where we are at the moment on this journey called life!

you are hysterical too...... programming emails wanting to cure you! LOL

are you a cynic like me??

cynics of the world unite!!

"people like to put us down, just because we get around..."

Terrigrrrl # 2
  • Okay, ever since I said I'm not getting the pop-ups i have been getting them. WHEN WILL I LEARN TO KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT?
  • ummmm, never?
  • Helloooooo....

Terrrrri - Yes, kinda sorta a cynic. My Mom calls it my sarcastic sense of humor, my friends say it's a bit Far Side and my Dad just says "that's my girl!". I have a smart assed response for everything and I'm proud of it!

Dent - the little pop-up spy cameras that are in your computer heard you utter the words. If you say out loud "I LOVE these pop-ups!! How did I live without them before???" - they should go away...

Ok, back to my cage

Terri
  • Hi girls. Wow, in two minutes it will be September 11th. My fifteen year anniversary with my DP and one year since the catastrophe in New York.

I was dropping my daughter off at school when one of the mothers gave me the news. We went into a room and watched the television. It was so surreal and terrifying...like maybe this was the end of the world...I ended up going back to the school early and picking my baby up and taking her home...her school is at a synagogue, when I arrived there was a police car in the parking lot...just watching over everyone...the police car was there for a few more days.

Since September 11th my daughter's school has a locked door policy with a key card issued to parents to get in and out of the building. And an intercom system if you don't have a key to get in. I can't wait until tomorrow is over. I bought a big American flag and hung it up outside of my house as a rememberance of those innocent people who died in such horrifying circumstances. May they be at peace and their families blessed.

have a peaceful and safe day my friends.
    Love, Soozie
  • Hello girls.
    Just wanted to send my love to all of my wonderful American friends. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

A friend called me that morning, and said, "Turn on the TV! Something terrible is happening!"
    I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was as though my mind couldn't recognize what it was seeing. I actually wondered if it was a joke, or if I was dreaming.
    Since last year, we've all changed. I've seen so much that is positive come out of this. I know that doesn't sound quite "right", but my faith in humankind has been restored. There's a lot of love out there. Nothing can destroy that. It's so strong, it's almost palpable. I can feel it... I hope you can too.

I love all of you. God's blessings be upon you.

xoxo ellis
  • Happy Anniversary Soozie!
    With all the sadness of the day comes some joy,
    Happy Anniversary Soozie!
    Do something special together!
    Virginia
  • Happy Anniversary Soozie & DP!!!!
  • God Bless America....and Canada, course!
    I'm very torn...I don't want to watch all the 9/11 stuff and re-live it and yet I can't help it. I remember that day so well. Our kitchen was being gutted, for the renovation. As a matter of fact, the carpenter who did the work for us, called last night. He remembered that we shared that awful day together and just wanted to say hi and see how we're doing. That was nice. I remember going to work the next night, to find that they had half emptied the hospital in preparation for any overflow patients...there were very few.

I drove to the bay the follwing morning to see what I could see. On a clear day, you can see the skyline way off in the distance. I wasn't the only one there. All you could see (and smell) was smoke.

One thing I remember so vivdly about that whole week is the weather. It was so beautiful, the sky was so blue, and it just seemed so incongruous with so much devastation. Weird memory.

Soozie... I'm sorry that your anniversary will forever be marred by this tragedy. But you certainly have a bright spot on a dismal day. Congratulations to you and your partner!

Back to CNN for me...