IP Chat - Week of March 15 - 21st

You're on Page 32 of 34
Go to
  • Wow, this was a busy weekend on the posts.Took me a while to get through them. Congrats on all the good things that have been posted. This was a great inspiration to me. I was really hungry when I got home this evening. Wanted to cheat reallly bad. But while reading all the posts I had a bag of vinegar crisps. It did the trick. Sooooo, dodged that bullet!!!
    Welcome to the newbies....you'll love this thread. I know I do.
    I'm sorry for the people that aren't getting the responses they want from other people. I have 2 good friends on the IP diet. It is wonderful. My hubby is very supportive...guess he thinks that might be in his best interest!!
    The time you spend working toward the end of this diet has to be all about you. Family, friends and co-workers are just going to have to deal with it. The sad thing is, so are you. There are so many forces working against anyone on a diet. The smallest thing can effect your feelings, cravings and attitude. That is why this thread is so important. Thanks to all of you for the help you give me everyday. I think many others on here feel the same way....Have a great week and I hope you all have huge losses and tons of NSV's all week long.
  • Thanks for the advice everyone.

I'll check my carb count, but I seriously don't think I am going over.

I don't really have a coach, as the only place I can get IP in town is through a spa. I have found out more about the diet from my own research and this website.

Here's to a great "weight lost week" for everyone. Think THIN!

Take Care -
  • nothing
    Quote: I have been seeing where several people have posted that if they get hungry that they have been told by their coaches it is ok to have a hard boiled egg or two. Is this really ok and won't have a negative impact on the weekly weight loss? I don't want to do anything that slows the weight loss process down but there have been times that I would have killed to have a hard boiled egg or two.
    there is absolutely nothing in a hard boiled egg that will slow down ketosis just fat and protein. the restriction of carbohydrates in the liver is what sets off the chain reaction for ketosis and there is LESS than a carb in an egg. The reason the diet is low fat is because your body first has to burn off the dietary fat ( the fat you eat) before it can burn off your free fatty acids (all those extra pounds of fat!) so keeping the fat down means youll burn more of your stored fat but ann egg will not hurt your diet if youre about to fall over or something... its one of the best foods for ketosis- just an extra 70 calories for every egg.
  • Quote: I am not saying that there is anything wrong with Bragg Liquid Aminos. I myself have some in my fridge. (That's why I know about it.) Just want to mention that it is not a low sodium, guilt-free pleasure, is all.
    wow, I never noticed that. My coach recommended it to me. Thanks!
  • warning long post
    Quote: MuayThaiGoddess -
    Oh no! Boo on that scale going up. If you find anything out about the muscles retaining water and training, let us all know! Don't be depressed. This diet is temporary. You won't be on it for the rest of your life or anything. It sucks to give up the classes you like, but I guess you gotta if you want to both do this diet and lose weight? That's what everyone seems to say - don't get your heart rate up too much or lift weights while doing IP. That's what I was told at the clinic I go to. So ok, I'll just keep on walking. And it is so nice today! I'm sure your son enjoys the walks you take with him!

Can't wait to read your book. As soon as you can receive private messages on here I'll send you a message every day! We're kindred spirits. I hope some of my happiness is contagious. I see your hilarious temper tantrum (more recent post) and that makes me think of a little kid! So amusing. Um, sort of like my boyfriend last night. We went out for sushi and he was sooo down about everything: the special was Japanese curry and "oh I can't have it, what's that kid eating? mochi? oh I can't have that either"... Turns out he likes tuna but only in the maki roll with rice. The plain fish that we are allowed to have, well of course he doesn't like that! Then we went to Starbucks and for some reason he thought that a vanilla latte would be ok?!? So I had to seem like the meanie in front of the baristas while he asked me what he could have. Decaf coffee or herbal tea. Finally decided on vanilla rooibos tea and then I thought I had Stevia in my purse but I guess I had it in my hand and then wandered around the house and it never made it in my purse. I was like, just have some Splenda for goodness sakes! Whew! Temper tantrum galore. We're not going to repeat the sushi experience anytime soon, I can tell you that for sure! LOL hope he doesn't see this. It was just a bummer that no matter what I said I couldn't cheer him up! "It's temporary, they'll have that special again, after IP you can eat these things again, you're doing great, look at how much weight you've lost, don't you love how much energy you have, your stomach's not upset anymore, isn't it nice not to feel all full and stuffed all the time, isn't it nice not to be hungry, I'm on this diet too I know that it's hard at first..." Couldn't get the rain cloud to migrate away from his head. Oh well he seems much better today. His second weigh-in is tomorrow. I pray to the gods (you have any influence with Athena?) that he had a big loss and gets really encouraged and doesn't think about how he can't have gummy bears anymore. It's driving me crazy!

But we all have our temper tantrums sometimes. I'm glad I don't own a scale (for now) so I can't check how much I weigh on a daily basis- because I would check it in the morning pre-food, after breakfast, after work, at night, etc... After walking the dog, after sit-ups, after a glass of water... You get the idea. Teehee, my coach/chiropractor told me that the "daily wieghers" are driving him nuts! Just take it as it comes and sometimes our weight goes up but it's on a downward trend. I'm a little afraid of the scale on Wednesday. I may have gained back the water weight or whatever since I started phase 3 this week. Oh well, I don't care, all my pants are loose and I look great!

One more funny thing... I thought I was doing something wrong because I've been getting so tired after lunch in the mid-afternoon. Just realized that lately I've been taking a muscle relaxant with lunch. Hmm, wonder why I'm tired? Maybe I'll go take a nap.
    Sparkles- I heart you- you are HAILARIOUS! I always look forward to you writing back to me! And I couldn't have put it better myself "kindred spirits" is just the right phrase. It's so cool you feel the same way. Isn't the internet cool? Although I'm not sure if you have quite the vicious side I do, it's usually an intelligent vicious sort of humor, but it's easy to see you are smart and funny- heck- we wouldn't be kindred spirits without it now would we? I'm uh... workin on the humility part too... lol... anywho I re- read my last post and was like my gosh I NEEDED to edit THAT ONE like two or three times... some writer I am! Looks like I need an editor after all.... Yeah so, I'll plan on starting to send you the excerpts I have when my 20th day comes up... ( Gosh, I feel like I've been on this site for monthes not days! lol) But my week 2 WI is Tuesday morning so that will be right around the corner! yay! I look forward to the PM's and sending my book to you I'm just so exccited- just a warning- my life has been crazy- which makes it a good read- but just be prepared- I don't want you to be too horrified. And when crisis hits.... well lets just say that if profanity will offend you... maybe we should re evaluate this... hee hee. My book is about overcoming alot of trials and tribulations- but I give a very real feel to the chaos during the time it happened. Anywho... moving on... I'm babbling!

Sounds like you had a dreamy night out with your boyfriend! HA! Ya know, I helped out someone who struggled like that out at restaurants and well pretty much anywhere in the outside world, well actually I dated them and I helped them lose a hundred pounds on Atkins- I was kind of like the coach ( isn't that funny) and what I found was going out was more like community service than a treat- so usually I would plan a nice evening in with a delicious meal you would never imagine you could have ( and i did atkins low fat- I've always been sort of a hard @$$). And even if you couldn't get that cloud to head out- at least it was partly sunny, because it sounds like it was almost blinding from your side of the table!! But, really, you couldn't have been more supportive towards him- good for you! Over and over again- like when you have to tell someone a thousand times they are not fat- and they are still depressed because they are sure their butt looks big- but you didn't let your spirit waver! And you were firm when you needed to be... *Starbucks* A VANILLA LATTE?! Maybe he thought the laws of science don't count in there! I swear the poor thing probably got delusional from the moment the scent of carbs came rushing from the front door! Who can blame him? Good thing Sgt. Sparkles was there to set him straight! I pray he has a good weigh in too, and uhh i don't think you want any pull with Athena-( we don't want any wars breakin out!! Nice reference tho. You get a point.) I worked at SBUX for 5 years, and so I could tell you a couple of other things you could have on this diet there that would seem like a treat and would not be cheating!! I know all the secrets!! GODDESS'S HONOR! If you like sweet- Get the Iced Passion tea un sweetened- it has no caffeine- IT IS SOOO GOOD!! bring your stevia or use splenda- and youll be delighted! And there are some other things- I had to find somethings for Atkins before- can you image having to stock that pastry case every day on a diet like this? CHAIN ME TO THE WALL!

I LAUGHED OUT LOUD- when you said you had your stevia in your hand and walked around and left it in the apartment and swore you had it later and laft it behind- when you specifically meant to bring it. You have NO IDEA how many times I do the exact same thing. I'm so glad I am not the only absent minded person. I have a problem with leaving things in my hands and being in a hurry and trying to do to many things and then- its like things get lost in a black hole! Too funny!

So yeah... I'm backing off of Muay Thai-- WHHHHAAAA--- but I'm still taking brisk walks with my son and those seem to be doing great- and you are so right my son LOVES THEM- and the walks keep getting longer and longer and faster and faster because he is SO EXCITED and i just love it- it has made me look forward to them- its wonderful- also I'm about to start doing yoga- LORD KNOWS I NEED TO! My back is like a bunch of cable cords- my chiropractor said I had the onset of fibromyalgia which I'm 24- I don't know how thats possible but it takes practically a crow bar to work out the muscles! I hear you have back problems too!! I sympathize with you! Its dreadful, and stress only makes mine worse- blah. So you take muscle relaxers... I guess they work for you? Mine never did- never made me tired either- I always thought they had to be a placebo.... FROM EVERY PHARMACY...some sort of whacked out conspiracy I tell ya..... but yah I can't imagine why youre tired... why don't you take some ambien at lunch while youre at it too? hee hee. Sorry, I'm letting my sense of humor get away with me.

Okay down to business... sorry so long but I feel so much better now. Okay so.... today the Pepperidge Farm cookies have been calling to me... actually I think they have been hitting on me... and not being too subtle. Its been hard to ignore... so as usual I fed them to my son... and my mom... lol. And its not just one package its one of those big variety packages with like 9 different types- AHHHH- and I have been STARVING! i even ate2 bowls of broccolli and went on an IP EMERGENCY RUN. What i mean is.... well.... technically... "technically" I'm advised... ahem... not to drive by my doctor b/c i had a seizure almost six monthes ago but i still have my drivers liscense... and i should get the okay soon anyway--- hopefully... anywho... I started wanting--- BADLY... a tangerine diet rite for hours so at 11pm i woke my mom up and informd her I was going to the store to make an emergency run to diet rite... i know the stupid things have citric acid in them but i wanted one- so I went and if i could have put flashing IP lights on my car I would have... and i GOT THEM! HEE! and... well i still want the cookies... DOH! but i got my soda.... I'm tellin ya the scale better be down tommorrow... i'm just telling ya--- or I've got a nice place for it in the flower bed. And i feel like I'm PMS'ing but that was like a week ago so i couldn't possibly but then you posted that you had your period for like 5 weeks WHAT?! and mine is lasting longer than usual... say it aint so!! Tell me did you ever cheat in your 55 days on IP?? I want to, but I don't. I'm just so stubborn. I just know that scale is going down tomorrow! But why am I so hungry? GRR. Oh and I am reading "The Ketogenic Diet" book by Lyle McDonald. Its so cool. I love it I want to know every detail and aspect of this diet so i can master it- so I'm not sitting there going- " I don't know why this is happening?!" When the information and studies are out there!!

ALL RIGHT! This is so long you may have nodded off and I may get kicked off this thread for taking up a full page!! Have a great day! TTYL!! **goddess
  • Quote: Hey everyone, just got back from my weigh in and I'm down another 3.7 lbs for a grand total of 42 lbs in 9 weeks I'm pretty amazed and proud of myself.

I hope everyone has a great week coming up - think skinny thoughts
    Jordanna,

This is amazing! How wonderful and encouraging it is look back and see that you surpassed the weight loss that you were so envious of. Proud of you lady! Keep up the good work - you are an inspiration to us all!
  • Quote:
    Okay down to business... sorry so long but I feel so much better now. Okay so.... today the Pepperidge Farm cookies have been calling to me... actually I think they have been hitting on me... and not being too subtle. Its been hard to ignore... so as usual I fed them to my son... and my mom... lol. And its not just one package its one of those big variety packages with like 9 different types- AHHHH- and I have been STARVING! i even ate2 bowls of broccolli and went on an IP EMERGENCY RUN. What i mean is.... well.... technically... "technically" I'm advised... ahem... not to drive by my doctor b/c i had a hungry? GRR. Oh and I am reading "The Ketogenic Diet" book by Lyle McDonald. Its so cool. I love it I want to know every detail and aspect of this diet so i can master it- so I'm not sitting there going- " I don't know why this is happening?!" When the information and studies are out there!!

ALL RIGHT! This is so long you may have nodded off and I may get kicked off this thread for taking up a full page!! Have a great day! TTYL!! **goddess
    Thanks for the tip on the Ketogenic book. I ordered it this morning from Amazon.com. I can't wait to read it. Amazon lets you look at a few pages and the first page I came to was page 102. The paragraph at the top talks about people on ketogenic diets sometimes eating too few calories and trying to exercise and their body starts to consume their muscle..... hmm, maybe this is the reason for 4 cups of vegetables. Here is the link to the book. Is this the same book you have? If so, maybe you can elaborate on this for us.

http://www.amazon.com/Ketogenic-Diet...9258755&sr=8-2
  • Quote: Just found your site and joined. I'm finishing my 3rd week on the Ideal Protein Program and go for my 3rd week weigh in tomorrow. I'm hoping to gain better health and enjoy the mega weight loss as a nice side effect to the program. I'm on the "Alternative Plan" due to the diabetes. At end of week 2 I'd lost 17.7 lbs and a total of 13.5 inches. Had some added stress and also a big sugar drop that caused me to eat extra green IP food this week. So I was advised to cut my oral meds in 1/2 which I did as of yesterday. I Can't wait to see this weeks results on the scale tomorrow. But no matter what it shows, I had the HUGE loss of 1/2 of my diabetes meds this week! Feeling like I'm on the right track.
    Wow, Uvettee, what a terrific loss! Wouldn't it be great if you could get off the meds entirely by the time you're done with the diet?! You're doing great!
  • Quote: In the past I have seen quite few people on here that have been able to find the IP vitamins through other websites for less $$. Could someone help me with what site and what brands are similar and work?
    I'm pretty sure they're not IP vitamins, just comparable ones. My clinic doesn't even carry the IP ones except for the potassium. They were charging big bucks for the alternative ones, and since the phone number was on the bottles, I ordered directly from www.ourhealthcoop.com. I buy their fish oil, 1000 mg., 2 breakfast, 2 dinner; multi-vites iron-free formula, 1 breakfast, 1 dinner; and liquid calcium, 2 dinner and 2 bedtime. They don't carry the potassium pills, and my clinic does offer them in IP so that's what I use. By the way, these alternative products are approved by the IP regional rep.
  • Quote: Just checking in, its been an insane weekend and Im just catching up on all the posts. There were some awesome results this weekend and some great NSVs.

I spent alot of time travelling this weekend as we met with our reception and caterer out of town this weekend and I stayed 100% on track so Im really happy.

I have my 3 WI in tomorrow and as of tonight I am down 26 pounds in almost 3 weeks and 10 inches are gone forever. Im just thrilled and anxious to see my #s tomorrow at my week 3 WI

Have a wonderful evening everyone!
    KimAnn

***Week 1 - 14 pounds
    ***Week 2 - 4 pounds and 10 inches gone...50 pounds to go til Im a smoking hot bride on Sept 18****
    Wow! You're really losing fast on this diet! I'm in awe!
  • Quote: Something just dawned on me - when I first started Ideal Protein, I came on these boards for information and support and I was MARVELED by this one girls stats, I think her name was Meghan, she had lost 35 lbs in 9 weeks and I couldn't get over how amazing that was...I could only imagine and hope to do as well as her....

Now here I am, 9 weeks in and down 42 lbs and I suppose that means I should be marveled at myself as well

I guess what I'm trying to say to all the new people is this: This diet can be trying at times but if you just hang in there and make it through each day, those days turn in to a week, and those weeks turn in to months and one day it will dawn on you that you've accomplished something amazing.
    I'm marveled at you, too! You have done awesome!
  • Quote: Wow! You're really losing fast on this diet! I'm in awe!
    You are so sweet. Your numbers are fantastic too! Its been a hard three weeks but seriously its getting better every day!

Jordanna you are a superstar. Awesome numbers!

Happy Monday everyone!

KimAnn

Week 1- 14pounds
    Week 2 - 4 pounds and 10 inches
    Week 3 - -6 pounds

***50 more pounds til Im a smokin hot bride on Sept 18***
  • Quote: so I went and if i could have put flashing IP lights on my car I would have... and i GOT THEM! HEE! and... well i still want the cookies... DOH! but i got my soda.... I'm tellin ya the scale better be down tommorrow... i'm just telling ya--- or I've got a nice place for it in the flower bed.
    MTG--made me laugh out loud, Thanks!
  • Feeling a bit discouraged today . Im thinking I have hit a plateau this week . Ive been averaging about 5 lbs a week since I started this 9 weeks ago almost 10 now . I weighed in on Tuesday and I have only lost 2 lbs so far this week . I am a bit worried I ate something I shouldnt have . I am very careful and have not cheated once on this diet .Yesterday I went to lunch with myfamily and ordered a veggie omlet with egg substitute , no cheese , and no avocato . No wI am worried that maybe they used the bad oil to cook it . Do you think thats going to hurt me and cause me not to loose this week . I am working so hard to get this weight off before my husband comes home from Iraq . Needing inspiration today !
  • My weight tracker is gone ! Do I have to redo it everytime I make a post ?