I Bought A Grill Pan!

• Bring on the recipes, ideas and tips!!

I had tried my fiance's and decided it was time for me to get one, too! It will be so much easier than firing up the grill outside....I have a charcoal grill. Still will use it some in the summer, but I can use the grill pan all of the time. I'm doing chicken tonight and I have tilapia to try as well.

Can't wait to hear all of the ideas.

Below is a link to the one I bought. I got it at Wal Mart for $29.99.

http://www.nordicware.com/store/prod...2-0002B3267AD7
  • I might just have to invest in one of these for when I'm down visiting my boyfriend. I usually do most of the cooking, since he works, and this would allow for even more versatility.
  • I'm also interested in ideas. I bought one by accident!
  • I did the chicken breasts Saturday and they turned out great! Going to do burgers for the boys tonight and tilapia later this week. It was easier to clean than I thought it would be.

Any good tips or ideas are welcome!!
  • I have one too.. love it. I had some mondo big coupon from macy's and HAD to use it. I don't have an outdoor grill so this was perfect. Makes great chicken breasts! I've also grilled pineapple, turkey burgers and veggies on it
  • Quote: I have one too.. love it. I had some mondo big coupon from macy's and HAD to use it. I don't have an outdoor grill so this was perfect. Makes great chicken breasts! I've also grilled pineapple, turkey burgers and veggies on it

I'll have to give the veggies a try! I'm not sure my sons would eat them, but I know I would love them. Thanks!

I meant to note that I had 2 1/2 chicken breast pieces (I slice them horizontally so they aren't so thick) leftover. I put them in the freezer and will probably make chicken and rice later in the week.
  • Have to find a grill pan. Right now I am in love with my George Forman grill. Great for my fish and veggie burgers. Would be interested recipes too for the grill pan.

Thanks,

Sharon
  • I bought a cast iron with the enamal coating on the outside at dillars. It was marked down from $100 to $15 it was clearanced Yea!! So check them out if you have a Dillards.
  • Well I did hamburgers tonight. I think I'll stick to the skillet when I make those. The grease really gets hot and it splatters everywhere. I think my grill pan is best for the non-greasy things like chicken and fish.
  • I love mine. Glad you got one.
  • Oh boy! I did the tilapia last night and it was delicious! Let's just put it this way.....my 13-year-old son ate seconds. How's that?

I used Pam Grilling spray (made for high temps) and lightly sprinkled the fish with McCormick's Grill Mates Salmon flavor. (It does have salt in it, so if you are watching sodium you may not want to use that. I didn't use a ton.) Grilled for 4ish minutes each side and spritzed with lemon juice just before I took it off the grill. Served it with salad and jasmine rice (cooked in low sodium chicken broth). So good!