LB post-op food phases

• Is there away you know you are ready to go to the next phase...all i was told was go on non-solids for six weeks?
    I have done so much reading pre-op, and even now, being home healing i have spent my time around searching... but so many different ways...
    its 1-2weeks clear liquids,
    then 2-3weeks diluted liquids (creamy and all)
    then 3-4 or 6 weeks: mushy foods...

What about yogurts? and milk, dietition say no... assistant surgeon said yes
  • I personally would call your surgeons office and get some sort of guidelines from him. I noticed my nutritionalist and my surgeon were not on the same page what so ever (my Nut was a Nut !!).

I followed my surgeon and this is what he told me:

2 weeks on clear liquids only
    1 week on thicker liquids like cream soups, protien drinks, etc.
    1 week on mushy food, mashed potatoes, refried beans..
    1 week on chopped/solids

I was not allowed to exercise until after 6 weeks post op. The first few weeks my doctor was more concerned with healing then weight loss

Check this out http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...-band-faq.html
  • PM me with your email addy. I can give you the documentation my surgeon's nutrit. gives to lap band patients.
  • Quote: PM me with your email addy. I can give you the documentation my surgeon's nutrit. gives to lap band patients.
    Every lapband doctor is different so I would suggest you call your doctor first.

Leenie
  • Ohhh thanks you both ...actually today I was at my surgeons ... he didn't say much, just no solids... for six weeks, only liquids, and puree's.

And after the first fill I am then allowed to eat solids.
    and that would be on the 6th of April.
    so wish me luck.
  • Good luck Sharry

Find out if you are allowed to eat before your fill and also ask them how long after your fill can you eat. When I go for a fill I am not allowed to eat that morning (my fills are at 8 AM) and I'm not allowed to eat anything but liquids for 2 days after the fill. Also, make sure you can swallow water when you leave the doctors office so stay there for 20 minutes or so just to make sure.

Leenie
  • Thanks Leenie, so good questions, i was wondering that too, should i go on an empty stomach or what do I eat before and after... thanks for your help...
    your just Great
  • Your welcome Sharry let us know how you make out.