This must be the place to be

• Hi.

For the last few years, too much time on the road eating fast food, my sedentary lifestyle, depression, medications, and general aversion to exercise have lead me to gain well over 100 lbs. in the last 10 years. I've tried several different things to lose the weight, but it always comes back.

Now that the depression is mostly under control, I'm ready to get going again. After talking to my doctor, South Beach was decided upon. I had followed the diet for awhile a few years ago, and did pretty well on it. Then my personal demons made their presence known and it all went by the wayside. But I'm back.

In one week, I've lost 8 lbs. It's not a lot, but it's a beginning.

So here I am.

Hi.
  • 8 pounds is great. Take the total # you need to lose and figure out what % of that number 8 pounds is...I bet you just lost a very significant % of your total number.

And, every week, those 3, 2, 4, .5, 1 pounds add up. Before you know it, you'll be looking at "70 pounds lost" going "well, that wasn't so bad!"

Welcome!
  • 8lbs is wonderful. It looks like you are ready for this journey. Remember to take it one day at a time and one pound at a time.
  • WELCOME!

Wow - eight pounds is a wonderful start. Glad you posted....folks here are supportive, helpful and friendly. Keep planning!
  • Hi Jez!
    Welcome!! I love this place (lost 17lbs since Dec 26th) and hope you will too!!
  • welcome!!

and an 8 lb loss is a LOT!!! congrats!
  • Congratulations on your 8 lbs so far! That's great! And, congratulations for making the steps to get started. Sometimes you just know it's time. I've dieted on and off my whole life and never had as much to lose as when I started at the end of January, but it feels right this time and it's never been easier. It's not easy, just easier than it has been before! Stick around and keep posting!