Summer ONEderland Challenge

You're on Page 5 of 17
Go to
  • Catowned, Yes, that is fine.

I am doing really good Angihas2, thanks! I hope you are having a great day!
  • Sw: 229.6
    Cw: 227.4
    Gw: 199.8
  • SW: 228
    CW: 226.5
    GW: 198

Only lost 1.5 this week--but I consider it a triumph considering where i am in my cycle! yay for ONEderland! Here we come!
  • Still going down.. but slowly.

Down 1.4 pounds this week. I am hoping that I have another pounds or so in water/congestion weight that I will lose soon because on Monday I was down to the weight on my ticker and now I am slightly above it.
  • I am down a pound (four sticks of butter!)...20 to go for onederland.
  • congrats stellargirl, knobhdy and beverlyjoy!!
  • Excellent work ladies!! I weighed less this morning, but its not normal weigh in day, so I'll hold off. I like Sundays, it helps the focus not go out the window on weekends
  • Hey ladies, and nice going!

I feel like I should invest in a new scale or something. The one I'm using is SUPER, way old and I'm not sure if it's as accurate as it should be anymore.
    I weighed myself yesterday and came in at 238 (minus outerwear) for my first weigh in here, and then I went back later to weight my cat WITH clothes on, I came in a 235. I checked it twenty times after that and it stayed, so I'm not sure.

I did use the restroom before that and I have a ginormous bladder... so that could have had something to do with it? Maybe.
  • as someone who recently went through the experience of buying a new scale after losing 30 lbs, and having the new scale be significantly higher than the old one, I'd HIGHLY recommend buying a new one now, and using that for your starting weight.

And I can't even say exactly what the difference between the two was because the old scale would give me so many different numbers. I ended up with a 7 lb difference, which probably included some normal fluctuation TOM weight, but it was what the new scale said on the day I switched over so it's the number I went with. I'm still 1.4 lbs aware from my old number - this hasn't been fun, so if you are in a position to avoid it, by all means, do so!
  • Congrats everybody!! This is so exciting!!

I am down 2lbs this week to 220! I am one pound away from 20lbs, and 5 pounds away from losing my first 10%!!

I, too, am afraid that when I go back to America and use a more accurate digital scale that I will be higher... so I always shift around on this crazy cheap piece of junk and use the reading I get 5x out of 7!

I went around saying my weight was 220 at doctor's visits and stuff for a solid 4 years because I was too chicken to weigh myself! Slowly but surely... I can't wait for the "size whoosh" in ONEderland!!
  • Congrats everyone! You are doing great!
  • Quote:
    I went around saying my weight was 220 at doctor's visits and stuff for a solid 4 years because I was too chicken to weigh myself!
    I did the same thing for two years!! I just didn't want to look at that scale! Lol.

I think I've found a solution to my scale problem while being absolutely thrifty.
    The family friend I babysit part time for has a nice, digital scale and I can use it at least twice a week.
    I also made a workout schedule that fits in perfectly for me as I just don't have the funds for gym membership at the moment.

It gets me working out five days a week with two solid workouts, and the option to alternate two others. WOO! for motivation.
  • I have had a horrid day, but stayed on track. Storms and tornados ripped through the state last night, which meant no one slept nearly enough, topped with a cancelled stats class I drive 50 mins one way for, (it was the only one I could get into and I need it for my degree plan), and I didn't get the call until I was 5 miles from the exit, lab class, home with the kids and rearranging schedule while trying to figure out how to juggle everything I need to do. Thankfully, lifestyle change is almost 2nd nature because I ate on campus today which is usually a HUGE problem as they have everything under the sun and this teeny, tiny psuedo salad bar tucked off in a corner and a really tiny cooler of fresh fruits and yogurts on the other side of the dining area, so you're forced to walk through all the other food options, with their smells luring you in, I did glance through them all, before acknowledging it would simply be a light calorie day until I got home and walked out of there with 2 bottles of water, a yogurt/fruit parfait, granola on top, which I scraped off and half a multi grain bagel(which I made an employee go get nutrition info on) and peanut butter. I dont understand how this college can encourage fitness the way they do, then have the crappy food choices with very little healthier choices. Meh. Either way, it's home, I stayed on track and the day is more or less over.
  • great job angihas!!

I'm in a similar place - I have some temptations in the house because of having a kid (not awful stuff, but things like a 90 calorie fudgesicle that would be fine for me to have) but I'd rather get to Onederland, so it's easier to just say no!
  • oh, good, it worked!

I made the Summer Onederland challenge banner tiny - I wanted to use it but I didn't want my signature to be too long.