am I a maintainer now?

• Hi ladies...

I am wondering what you believe/feel is maintaining?

I have been mostly on the Chicks in Control section of this sight as I have had issues with binge eating in the past. (not too distant either!) I seem to have turned a corner on that issue and just today realised that my weight, for the first time in my life, has basically been constant for the last 8 months or so after having lost 140lbs.

My personal trainer would like to see another 23ish lbs gone (to hit those 'perfect' BMI and BF% targets).

I am super happy where I am and if my body decides to loose more, fine...if not, who friggin' cares right? i've lost 140lbs...

Do you mind if I join in and live maintanence with you all? It would be the first time in my life I could say my weight is 'constant' and that would be HUGE for me!! (and my self esteem and mental health and and and...)

Hoping i fit here...
  • You are absolutely 100% a maintainer! Welcome! And congrats!
  • I would say YES! Congrats on your 140 pound loss. That is a remarkable accomplishment! If you still maybe want to take off a few more pounds, Midwife has a neat thread for maintainers who are looking to take off 5-10 more pounds IN 2010. You should check it out.

eta: oOPS, it's paperclippy who opened the thread called "Operation 5-10 in 2010"
  • Happy, you have been a maintainer since you lost that first pound! Congrats on 140lbs, what a great accomplishment! Please join us on the chat thread and anywhere else you'd like.

Lori, LOL, I think midwife did start the thread initially but we are on to the third thread for it now. Obviously we are still struggling with some regains!
  • You Are a maintainer ! Congratulations !
  • wow ladies! thank you for such a nice welcome!!! i am very excited to be joining you !!! i cannot believe i am 'maintaining' !!!!! soooo excited!!! thank you thank you ! (and a thank you to myself too i guess eh?)

i'll be around for sure!!!
  • Well it seems as if we've got another maintainer in our clutches!!! Woohoo!! Welcome, welcome!! I'm so glad you're here.

Congratulations on your incredible, life-transforming weight loss!

I look forward to getting to know you better.
  • Heck yeah, you're a maintainer! Like Jessica said, once you lost that first pound you were maintaining a loss. Come on in, looking forward to getting to know you!
  • Welcome!! So glad you are here!
    What an amazing accomplishment!!