Chelsea King

• The body of Chelsea King has been found. Pray for the family of this beautiful young girl so cruely taken away.
  • Yes, I have been sending up prayers for this family from the start; and it became obvious when GARY said they had detained a suspect yesterday. I pray that something good will come out of this tragic loss -- sad that we need to say this, but maybe it is time to have some chaperoned tracks set up for women to practice running on, since it isn't safe in their own neighbourhoods anymore.

Also, when my sister & I were in our late teens, we lived in a city that had a rash of rapes, so the local police and a judge put out a public warning to women not to go out alone, esp at night and if they had to go out, go out in twos or take a cab; plus never take a date home.

Later on, when I was in college, I lived in a city where I was warned that it wasn't even safe for women to go to a local park in the daytime, so I never went there. Do we need to hire security guards for our parks? Maybe ...
  • This is just terrible, prayers for Chelsea Kings family and friends.
  • We should ALL be safe wherever we go...

but WE all know here that because of sin in the world we are not...

and we never will be HERE...

but we will be THERE!

Don't you wish everybody knew that....
  • Prayers sent and I'll hug my children closer to me.