Joining you at the Beach

• Hi! I'm new and thought I should introduce myself.

I'm on my third day of Phase One, and I'm doing well so far. I'm struggling a little bit with planning meals, just because it's kind of hard to get out of old habits, but I'm taking it one day at a time. I figure each successful day is another day closer to THIS being my "old habits".

I avoid artificial sweeteners for myself and my family, so I'm wondering how I'm going to work around that. I've done one ricotta dessert, just with a bit of vanilla and a bit of cocoa powder, and just left the sweetener out entirely. It was good enough for me.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know everyone, and I know I have tons to learn from all of you. Thanks for letting me join your party!

• If you search the forums, there are plenty of threads on sweeteners
  • to The Beach, TallSkinnyLatte!

• Tall skinny hazelnut lattes are my favorite beverage!
  • Nice to meet you!
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome! Here's to new habits becoming old habits!
  • Thanks everyone for being so welcoming! And thanks, jenne1017, for the tip about searching for topics on sweeteners. There's so much great information here.
  • Hello! It's nice to meet you!
  • Welcome Tall Skinny! I also don't use artificial sweeteners. Frankly since doing Phase 1 I don't really crave sweet things anyway. And the planning gets waaaay easier. I've been doing SB for two months (yesterday) and now it's a no brainer to throw together an on plan meal from what is in the fridge or order something in a restaurant. My shopping list has become pretty consistent and my husband is also getting used to eating more vegetables. This is really one of the best plans out there.