Day After Birthday REALITY

• OK so Saturday was my 56th birthday....it was a great day

Among other things we went to church Saturday night so we could walk the dogs along the beach and have breakfast at the beach cafe on Sunday morning...one of my most favorite things to do with my wife

We had a great walk and breakfast...watching the leftover "tsunami waves" along the southern California coast from the Saturday morning earthquake in Chile I had an awesome spinach/mushroom omelette

It was a wonderful start to day 2 of my birthday week-end

then reality stepped in...

As Angie and I pull into the driveway she says...

"While you vacuum I will wash my car windows then come in and mop the kitchen floor"

I say "It's Sunday....my day of rest I wanted to watch NASCAR and the Olympic hockey game Babe"

"Fine, but the house still needs vacuumed and you didn't do it yesterday"

"I didn't do it yesterday because it was my birthday "

"And we celebrated it didn't we?"

"We did but is it necessary to vacuum EVERY Saturday...EVEN on my birthday? "

"Well babe let me ask you this....do you remember what your
    special birthday present was last night?"

" ABSOLUTELY! how could I forget?"

"Do you remember years ago what happened with that special gift ?"

"You mean when I took things for granted?"

"Yes....and what else did you learn about that "

"I learned you have much more willpower than me"

"Do you want to live in the past or would you like to live in the future?

"I'll vacuum babe "
  • ~So Funny~
  • hahhahaha! congrats on birthday, sorry u had to vacuum! by the way,your wife is BEAUTIFUL! l
  • Sorry I missed it.

I know you enjoyed the big day.

You have a very smart lady there.
  • Ha!
  • I love your wife! She needs to give lessons to those of us who haven't learned how to manage the males yet!
  • too funny!

• Hey Gary... any Saturday you 'get' to vacuum is a gift... it means you are strong enough... willing and able...
  • Thanks GALS ~

And to be honest I do most of the vacuuming in our house...almost every Saturday...but Angie is not afraid of it either, in case I am out of town or on a side job.

I just "assumed" I got my birthday week-end off.....stupid-stupid-stupid

Here is what what said on my birthday card from my wife ~

To my husband....I may not be the perfect wife....but then again, I might be. In fact I'm pretty sure of it....I am the perfect wife! And, to think you had the incredible luck to marry me. It boggles the mind. Happy Birthday, Honey...Love me...The perfect smart-a$$... I love you!
  • Gary,
    What the card said Was Brilliant! Tell Angie I adore her way of thinking!
  • I will kiddo!

Of course she gave it to me at the restaurant in front of all the kids....like they didn't already know...wink
  • Oh and she also gave me a new Timex watch I wanted...

of course she has to set the time for me!