Water packed Tuna...Cooler 1

• So im starting the Cooler 1 program for Clean eating. What does Water-packed tuna taste like?
  • I don't think I have ever encountered someone who has never had this. Well the one in the can tastes kind of cannish, the one in the packet is better (may be a bit more expensive?). Both options are usually pretty salty, and not very moist on their own. That said they do not taste bad, and I eat it for lunch a couple times a week.
  • Thanks mescelestus. I've had tuna before but never just plain ol' tuna. Im just really nervous to eat it plain but ill give it a try. since you suggested the packet ill try that first. Do you prefer a brand?
  • I don't really notice brands, but I always get the one with the lowest sodium. It tastes so much better!
  • I am not sure if it is allowed on cooler 1, but if you can have a tablespoon or even a teaspoon of hummus, I like to mix my tuna with hummus to add moisture to it. I especially love mixing a red pepper, or olive, or garlic hummus with tuna.
  • I like tuna in oil better but I've gotten used to it in water. I'm not sure what Cooler1 is. I eat mine on whole wheat bread. I've had it plain without bread though many times. It taste better if your really hungry.
  • I buy the starkist select because it is the only one I have found without soy.