Featherweights Plan and Chat in March

You're on Page 15 of 19
Go to
  • Hi feathers! it's been a little while! i've been lurking, but too busy to post. a day off today, woo!!
    susan, danni, and ilene- inches (and back fat loss, lol) count!! definitely makes up for the slow, slow scale

Soooo, not sure if i've mentioned, but I'm an actor. my acting coach is a very well respected and connected woman, not to mention a brilliant coach and former casting director. i thought long and hard before joining her class because she's fiery and talented and passionate, which scares me! i've been passionate about acting since i can remember, but no one has ever really supported that passion, or led me to believe there was a reason behind it. But i figured I'd have to face that fear to move on, either way. i've been with her for about 2 months now, and it's been wonderful. last night as class was ending she asked to speak to me. long story short, she told me i'm very gifted (!!!) and that she has people she wants to introduce me to, but not quite yet... and then she said, "do you exercise?" HAHAHA!!

she said i'm a beautiful girl, and for normal life i'd be fine, but for this business I am not the proper "look" yet; i need to lose weight. which i'm very aware of, both for myself, and because the business is crazy. so, basically, i got some very exciting news, and some news i already knew about

my first official "you need to lose weight" in this business! haha
  • Shasha !! Can't wait to see you on the billboards and say the we (sort of) ''know'' you ...
  • Shasha - - What Wonderful News! Talk about having a good motivation!!
  • Another beautiful day! For me the changing of the seasons is proving inspirational. Only good thoughts about body/food today!

Be well, everyone!
  • Quote: Doughnut -

Kellost - I am at 129 today also. I got as close as 128 to my goal of 125 before things when crazy. Let's encourage each other.

Go Kellost Go
    Thanks, Danni....sound great to me!!!!!!!

Go, Danni! You can do this!
  • Well the evening has drawn in here in Enland but it's been a beautifyl day. This is my real danger time - I've eaten my evening meal and I haven't got any proper plans for the evening. Hope I feel like exercising when my tea has gone down but somehow.......

Well done to all those of you hitting those low numbers. Shasha - well done and bummer all in one I think; that industry's notoriously harsh.
  • [QUOTE=Doughnut;3216279]Well the evening has drawn in here in Enland but it's been a beautifyl day. This is my real danger time - I've eaten my evening meal and I haven't got any proper plans for the evening. Hope I feel like exercising when my tea has gone down but somehow.......

I hear you on this one! Evenings are so tough. I always want to munch on something after I get my kids in bed and finally settle down to watch tv. I try to save some calories for this purpose, but it never seems to be enough!

Before dinner is another haunting hour for me. Seems like the stress of getting the kids' homework done, going through school papers, getting dinner on the table, etc drives me to want to snack something fierce! I allow myself to have a snack at this time each day. Lately, I've been making a low-cal frozen coffee drink for myself to get through this time of day.

Good luck on beating the evening munchies! It's tough!
  • You know, I, too, have these 'danger' times....but truthfully I'd eat anytime. i really would. If i gave free rein to my appetite, forget it. I'd simply eat all day long.

My husband is so annoying. He has natural restraint, doesn't have to work at it at all. Like he's had a big thing of onion dip in the fridge for days. He comes home at night and has maybe four corn chips and dip as he unwinds. Eats it in an offhand fashion. Puts it away. Doesn't think twice.

Me, I am struggling not to bolt down the WHOLE THING, then go to the store, get more, eat it back down to where he left it....and never tell. And feel gross and ashamed. Yes, I've done that sort of thing many a time.

But not today! :-)
  • Good morning!

I'm starting to sound like a broken record but ... I have a magic lunch. I haven't had a mid afternoon snack for ages. I'm not dying for supper and I don't nibble while I cook

Chopped up vegetables (like tomato, cucumber, broccoli) a few grams of nuts, full fat salad dressing and a whole can of salmon.
  • The flaxseed seems to work. I have been less hungry the last two days.
    This morning the scale said 128.
    Will it stay there?

But for today my chicken is right again!
    Does anyone use a protein shake?

Every week I pick up a different diet book from the library -just to see if they have a tip that I might want to try. Last week I read The Skinny. He said he mixes yogurt with his cottage cheese. Sounds crazy but I tried it and it was good. Since I eat a bowl of fruit everyday with one of those it was just a new idea to try. He also suggested a protein drink. I would use it as a way to add protein everynow and then --- not as a diet plan.

My eating plan is just eating super foods. And this week I came across a great success story on 3FC from someone named Glory87 (I think). And sure enough she got started when she read a book called Super Foods Rx: 14 Foods that Can Save Your Life. by Steven Pratt

Susan - I am trying to follow your book discussion also. I go to all the websites you suggest. Your magic lunch was pretty much how I eat. Eating protein with every meal was another suggestion I picked up and it also helps keep you full longer.

Have a great day all my feather friends.
  • I'm lucky in that I don't tend to snack, even when I was heavier. My problem is I'd eat junky snack foods for a meal (think BBQ chips or chips and dip for breakfast, and eating in the food court for lunch or dinner every day at work). I think that has made my journey easier, and kudos to you guys who struggle every day for sticking to it through tough times!

Susan, I'm glad you've found the perfect lunch It makes a big difference when you don't feel hungry all the time.

Danni, my inspirational book was YOU on a Diet. It literally changed my life, and I recommend it to anyone struggling with weight.

Been having a "fat" week--I'm very close to 20 lbs. lost, and I'm trying to figure out where I lost them. I was losing 1" off my waist consistently every two weeks, and I've been stuck at 30" for two weeks now (should be nearing 29"). I think my weight loss is slowing down too after my big losses the last two weeks. Anyways, I'll stop grouching!

I have been training like a fiend for my 5K with my dad on April 17th, and I get SO HUNGRY! But I find I'm getting full much, much faster than I ever did before. I can't finish a whole meal anymore, which is probably a good thing for me!
  • Quote: My husband is so annoying. He has natural restraint, doesn't have to work at it at all. Like he's had a big thing of onion dip in the fridge for days. He comes home at night and has maybe four corn chips and dip as he unwinds. Eats it in an offhand fashion. Puts it away. Doesn't think twice.

Me, I am struggling not to bolt down the WHOLE THING, then go to the store, get more, eat it back down to where he left it....and never tell. And feel gross and ashamed. Yes, I've done that sort of thing many a time.

But not today! :-)
    @ Joan, that scenario is so my husband and I ... It just irks me sometimes

danni -- yogurt and cottage cheese is a staple for me, add some fruits and/or flax seed, it's quite filling...

Ok, let's all do the Susan lunch for a week and see how it works ...

Omiting the nuts in that salad, I eat very close to that... I'm stuck on these pre cut bags of coleslaw/salads lately, I add a layer on he bottom of my plate at each meal, throw some spag sauce/tuna on it with some edamame or other beans and I'm set...

But for some I get these sugar cravings about an hour after this meal, I endup having a granola bar, which the sugar makes me feel queezy these days, for some odd reaon...it doesn't happen after my evening meal only at lunch time... Susan any trick up your sleeve to prevent this?

So far it's a good day, I may go running this afternoon, I feel much better today... Don't know if it was the cold pills I was taking the last few days but I was so lazy and tired yesterday... I vegged on the couch all day, I really hate doing that but yesterday I just let my body rest and rest it did... Plus I slept like a log all night...I guess my body needed it...

Flaxseed: I like taking a tablespoon of the seed in warm water before bed... it fills me up and my tummy isn't growling when I go to bed...
  • stella 1609 - that is so funny because You on a Diet by Dr. Oz is the book I am reading this week.

I went to the gym this morning. I hit all the machines today instead of breaking them up in several visits. Trying something new. Warm weather has got me thinking about short sleeve shirts, shorts, and bathing suits.
  • Ilene--here's another confession...I get irrationally irked inside when people leave food on their plates. I feel so jealous that they are able to do that--I can't!! It's all I can do not to eat their leftovers. Working on that. :-)
  • Quote: Ilene--here's another confession...I get irrationally irked inside when people leave food on their plates. I feel so jealous that they are able to do that--I can't!! It's all I can do not to eat their leftovers. Working on that. :-)
    OMG I hear you there... I used to be like that too actually, it took a LOT of time to be rid of that habit specially when the kids were small I would always finish their plates...I would rush to throw it in the garbage, eventually it worked. I can now even leave some food in my own plate, that's a little harder though I must say...