Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #136  
Ilene the Bean

Joan -- having ONE cookie if you can stop there is a great idea, it's not ONE cookie that got us to this point but the FIVE we used to eat... on taking control...

Stella -- you are not slow at all... take your time it's not a race
Old 03-16-2010, 05:27 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

I'm super impressed by anyone who can run. I think my record was jogging the length of one song on my MP3
Old 03-16-2010, 07:49 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, I'm glad I had the cookie. I felt better. I really physically needed the chocolate or something. It was fine, I was able to move on. I just talked to myself like I do to my kids: "Just one."

Having said that, I see the scale is up a bit for me, since yesterday I went a little easy on myself all around, including no exercise. But that's okay. In a way it makes the solid weight loss feel a bit more 'real.''
Old 03-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Ilene and Susan I had such a feeling of accomplishment after finishing that second mile! For some reason, I'm less sore today than I was last week after jogging for 5-8 minute intervals with short walking breaks?

I also lost 2 lb. last week, the most I've lost since the third week I started dieting! I think it's a combination of adding in the jogging and drastically increasing my water intake (TMI: of course now I'm taking bathroom breaks every 30 min at work, but who's counting, lol).

Last edited by stella1609; 03-16-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #140  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Had a rough weekend both with food and life, but now I'm detoxing and hoping that things will begin looking brighter. (My dog is in the vet hospital and it was very serious. I'm really hoping to hear good news today.) Funny thing is that I was eating horribly this past weekend until we took my dog in then instead of eating "to make myself feel better", I was stress-cleaning...ya know, cleaning to keep my mind off the dog. I've been eating clean since then. So, I've put the scale away for a few days until I've had enough OP days to undo the weekend damage.
Good news: The Girl Scout cookies are gone, as is most of the other off-plan junk that was in my house!
Old 03-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Ms Perception, did you hear anything from the vet?

I went to Fleet Feet today and got genuine custom-fit running shoes! I'm really excited to try them out tomorrow (had to restrain myself from going out tonight since I just had a pretty serious run yesterday).

Last edited by stella1609; 03-16-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:33 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Ilene and Joan - please tell me the secret to the whoosh!!
I need one desperately. I have been counting WW points for 7 weeks - have stayed on plan (like a saint) and i've only lost 6lbs
I'm a tad discouraged - but will stick to it - somethings gotta give eventually.
I'm going to hang out here for a while in featherweights if that's OK

Ms. Perception - is your dog ok?? Hope so

S
Old 03-17-2010, 12:13 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Okay the secret is.....I have no idea. In fact I need a whoosh again too! Still, sounds like a good, solid, steady, long-lasting weight loss happening there for you, sznn....

Today I went out to lunch with a friend and got a great big chicken caesar wrap, which was cut in half. So the moment of truth arrived: I finished half, and then had to make the decision whether to stop and take the rest home, or keep the deliciousness going, full or not. Well, until recently there's no QUESTION what I'd have done.

But this time, I took it home....and devoured it for dinner. I really would not have been capable of that kind of restraint only a month ago. Proves to me I'm on a roll! (no pun intended)
Old 03-17-2010, 05:19 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

I'm not sure if I should even say this out loud but ... I'm melting! Better than a swoosh ... a consistant loss for almost two weeks. Decimal points every day.

Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson.
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/

I won't bore you with the details of the many ways I was sure I'd never try this But desperation to get past this mid 130's trap lead me to try something new.

This is what I ate yesterday. And it's pretty typical.
0600 - cream cheese with almonds, cashews, currants and dried cranberries
0900 - two hard boiled eggs
1200 - lots of crunchy veggies, pork chop, cashews, real salad dressing, avocado
1530 - coffee with cream
supper - roast beef, green beans with butter and coconut oil
two apricots at an Aloette Party
bedtime snack - fruit salad with cottage and ricotta cheese

I'd be happy to discuss details in another thread, if you'd like. Let me know if you'd like more info. I highly recommend the book. It describes blood sugar fluctuations much better than I can.

BTW ... I'm pretty darned happy!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:48 AM   #145  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Susan - thanks for more interesting information. I would like to know more.

When I have lost weight in the past, the only thing that worked for me was the sugar busters plan. This time around I am trying to find a lifeplan way of eating that makes sense and I can stick with for life. So I am reading everything I can and trying to eat healthy foods.

My basic diet is whole grains, fruits, vegetables, chicken and fish, nuts and yogurt. Would any of these things be off limit?

Happy for your progress!!!

dani

Last edited by danni; 03-17-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:17 AM   #146  

Susan - I for one would be very interested in hearing all about it in another thread.

Besides WW - I have been following a very low glycemic index plan. Nothing white - very low in any grains - eating every 3-4 hrs etc. So I am really not sure what else i can cut out?
But I am open to any new ideas.

Have a great day everyone.

S
Old 03-17-2010, 09:39 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 145/ticker/125

Height: 5' 2"

I'm having a really rotten day so far. I woke up this morning at 5:30 to use the bathroom, and our neighbors, who blare music until one or two in the morning every day, were still at it. I called management to complain--again--and when my sweetie woke up at 6 he went bonkers. They're raising our rent by $20 a month, which we won't be able to afford when I start grad school, so we'll be paying extra to live somewhere we can't even sleep. They finally stopped at 7 as sweetie was preparing to go to his spring break job, and he said he was adjusting my alarm clock so I could make up some sleep. I told him, "8:30, 9:00 at the latest" because I wanted to do some chores and get my run in before work. He, thinking he was doing the best for me, set it for 9:30.

I just choked down cold cereal for breakfast, but there's no way my stomach could handle a jog yet and I have to get ready. And on top of everything, I was 138.2 this morning before I even took a drink--0.2 pounds isn't a big deal but I've been driving myself hard and eating less than 1600 cal/day for a while and it's really discouraging to see it go in the wrong direction.

I'm going to have a cup of tea and take a bath to calm down. It's a beautiful day and I don't want it to be ruined by stress.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #148  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Thanks for the concern, all! My dog, Bella, is coming home today. She's not 100%, but they feel her progress is sufficient to send her home. I am very happy to have her home so I can give her great care so she can finish recovery rather than leave her there the additional day so she can sit in a kennel to recover.
I'm on day 3 of detox from my weekend of gluttony. I think I'm back to good form. I'm keeping away from anything processed and trying to fill in all gaps with fruits and veggies! So far, so good!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:24 PM   #149  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Gosh you all seem to be doing so well - well done all.

I'm doing Ok but had a bit of a *something* today; I don't know what to call it really. A person I know through work said that I was the absolute spitting image of someone else. Said it was so freaky that we could actually be twins. She then proceeded to pull out her camera and show me a picture of someone who, well, was a clear 100 lbs heavier than me and to be honest, even leaving the weight aside, I...... I don't know how to put it. It was like being told you're the spitting image of Joyce Wildenstein or whatever her name is. I'm sure she's a lovely person and all that but I sure as heck wouldn't want to look like her. I know it shouldn't matter, i know I shouldn't be vain but my confidence has been knocked beyond all belief.

Last edited by Doughnut; 03-17-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #150  

Doughnut
Don't worry about it - maybe you just have the same eyes or something as that person - thats what makes you seem so similar.
chin up
Closed Thread