March Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 25 of 25
Go to
  • Tummy: I do not know how this works because the first week my husband told me you have lost 5 pounds and when I weight myself I had lost that amount. However, the following weeks he did not noticed the changes. I found that interesting because I think that if 22 pounds later I found the weight lost not noticeable how did he notice the first 5 pounds? Lol. In the past, I went to under 120 pounds and I know that after 150 I changed clothes size after every 10 pound lost. Enjoy your trip. I’m sure that you will enjoy it more than any of your past travels.

NightAngel: on that 5 extra pounds

MsP: I think that you should use success instead of failure because to keep trying is a success, no matter if we do not arrive to our final goal. To try will make us closer to our goal. You have achieved 4 positive things on this month so it was a successful month if you focus on that. We cannot control everything that happens in our lives. At the beginning of March I write a few goals and although I did not achieve the three of them I can say that I succeed because I did not give up.

Mystical: for joining the gym and for being able to maintain your weight during those difficult situations.

My weight day is on Friday so I will put my last weight in info today. My goals were to control binge eating and to loss 10 or 12 pounds. Although I was unable to lose 12 pounds, I did lose the 10 pounds and I have been controlling binge eating so I’m happy with what I achieved this month
    SW: 187.4
    CW: 176.6 (0.0/1.6 to go)
    GW: 177.4/175
    WL: 10.8
  • My weight was down this morning.
    Not enough to get me to my goal, but enough to allow me to finish up the month having lost a respectable, but uninspiring 4.6 pounds.
  • March Weight Loss Challenge Goal List
    If there are any mistakes or updates, please let me know!
    Red=Goal Met!

VickieLou: Lose 12 lbs, 80 oz water/day, 1400-2000 calories/day
    eclipse: Reach 238 lbs
    Brittany1988: Give up soda, Reach 179 lbs
    cherbear: Lose 7 lbs, No fast food breakfasts
    Ms_Perception: Weigh under 134, Track my food
    NightAngel26: Lose 15 lbs
    Bigmid: Onederland
    startiff68: Lose 15 lbs
    Nella: Drink 6 cups of water each day
    jessicado22: Onederland
    Rashomon: Reach 209 lbs
    nurse2be: Lose 15 lbs, No drive-thru
    mystical: Lose 5 lbs
    FitGirlyGirl: Reach 165 lbs
    Pinkberrry: Reach 150 lbs
    Summer2010: Be below 225 lbs
    Shrinking Girl: Lose 3 lbs
    iDream: Drink water everyday, Get back OP with food
    knobhdy: Lose 5.5 lbs
    LouisaH: Reach 183 lbs
    Lewisempire: Eat 1800-2200 calories/day
    Tummy Girl: Maintain under 140 lbs
    pokeycactus: Onederland
    aluxa: Control binge eating, Lose 10-12 lbs
    jellofer2: Reach 220 lbs
    Matilda08: Lose 10 lbs
    KattC: Lose 5 lbs
    LaurenA: Stay OP on weekends, Lose 5 lbs
    KyAngel1975: Lose 20 lbs
    nellonello: Lose 5 lbs
    zoochick777: Reach 170 lbs
    TeenChamp2010: Lose 15 lbs, Quit drinking soda
    helpmelose: Reach 132.4 lbs
    tend3rloin: Lose 10 lbs, 8 cups water daily
    wannabesomebody: Lose 4 lbs, Eat breakfast (You and Hubby)
    JoyinHim: Lose 10 lbs, Cut back the sugar
    JackiG: Lose 10 lbs
    Dixiemae: Lose 3 lbs
    kathrynk: Eat more fruits and veggies
    bigmomma: Lose 8 lbs
    Taurie: Lose 3 lbs
    Rythm: Lose 10 lbs
    Late to the game: Lose 5 lbs
    mmiller2829: Lose 13 lbs
    Emilia LaCasuela: Lose 15 lbs
    dropkickmurphy: Lose 3 kg, Stick to diet/lifestyle change
    WannabeNurse: Remain smoke-free, Lose 5 lbs/Reach 150's
    Nikkie219: Lose 8 lbs
    freshmanweightorbust: Reach 220's/Lose 10 lbs
    stillimprovin: Lose 8 lbs
    dancerindenver: Lose 4 lbs
    HelloMeAgain: Reach 279
    jenntx71: Lose 8 lbs/Reach 212
    lookingtobehealthy: Reach 199/Onederland
    nomoredreamin: Lose 10 lbs
    krystalb: Reach 230 lbs
    chubbybikinidreamer: Reach 170 lbs
    SlimBy2010: Lose 10 lbs
    journey0f60lbs: Reach 188 lbs
    tamaraj: Reach 209 lbs
  • heh...
    thanks aluxa, yeah I just figured I'd drag out everything I've done technically I lost those 5 before the 1st of the year.... and didn't start tracking much till then... but I want to count them because they're part of all this...I still don't love my digi-scale, it's too touchy... always with the "E" argh... I must have bad balance!
  • Well I just got back from my daily weigh-in (tomorrow is the last one and then it's Mon/Wed/Fri) although I'll probably go on Thursday because they're closed for the Holiday Friday.

Today's weigh-in was 208! A whole pound in a day...I know that eventually this will slow down but it's sure nice right now. So I've officially beat my goal but after lunch tomorrow I will have my week 2 weigh-in and measurements.

I already know that I'm hoping for ONEderland as my April goal. No reason I can't lose eight more lbs in April to get there!

My mom just sent my 10lbs reward (only started doing rewards when I joined HM) and it's Hydroxytone cream...she says it's amazing so we'll see. My 20lbs reward is a spa day (courtesy of a GC that my boss gave me for Xmas and I haven't used yet) and then 30lbs I'm going to trash my wedding dress...Finally!

Everyone have a terrific day and I'll check in with final info tomorrow!

Tamara
  • I SO need to start doing rewards for myself again! That's another thing that I stopped when I got close to goal. I stopped doing so many things that were working for me...so nuts!! It's such a fun incentive. I'm doing it for April! Ya'll have inspired me to start it again.
  • TG: Buen Viaje! Drink a cocktail with an umbrella in it and get a good tan for me! Relish in your skinny hotness and take lots of photos to inspire us on your blog.

Tamara: suck up that fast weight loss while you can--sweet! I think I need to come up with some goals myself...

Aluxa: good going on the 10 pounds. I should have stuck with that instead of shooting to make up the pounds I didn't lose in February because it was a short month (although I woudn't have made the 10# goal either). Live and learn!

Mystical: look around, here you are! You're right there with us, exercising, checking in and doing your best. Hope things are calming down and allowing you to get back into the job of ditching some pounds!

Krystal: congrats on your big news!

Good going, everyone who made goal, and everyone who tried hard to reach it. I fall into the second category. I take back half the bad things I said about myself after stepping on the scale today. Finally, finally, the scale moved, and I'm at 186.8, which is still 3.8 pounds from my goal of reaching 183, unless some real magic works overnight. I'm not counting on it, since I went over my calorie allotment by 63 calories to get in those two Samoas (totally worth it, but I'm still cursing my friend for bringing them, since I would have been fine without them had they not crossed my doorstep).

I'm at a respectable 8.4 pounds lost for the month, and I'm a firm believer in "It ain't over 'til it's over", so for my book, my last weigh in for March is on April 1st, I'll cross my fingers for reaching 10 pounds, my general monthly goal.
  • Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

I didn't lose the pesky pound. But, I'm going to keep on keepin' on!
  • LouisaH-I forgot to tell you how I appreciated your comment on my blog. I'm going to try to post there more regularly just as another way to stay accountable. Seriously, it helped to hear you say maybe I'll be one of those "maintainers" (once I get there again) who has a weight loss week every couple weeks. I actually read about a couple people like that in the book Thin for Life.

I checked out some books from the library to stimulate my mind and refine my April plan. I'm already more excited after just paging through a couple of the books. I'm also trying to find some of my own books, but books are still packed up since I don't have enough shelf space for them right now. The one book I'm particularly looking for may not even be with the other books because I got it more recently and I think it got packed in a miscellaneous box somewhere. This is part of the downside of moving and not being able to fully unpack. I need more shelves! We have SO many books between the kids and me. (DH isn't as much of a reader.)
  • Thanks for the encouragement and keeping me honest everyone. It was a tough road to get down. Im in on the April challenge!! Woooo Hoooo
  • Tamara: for the 208 and with your April goal.
    LuisaH: 8.4 is a lot. I do not think that I will be able to loss that amount on April.
  • End of March...
    weighing in at 227 lbs, 7 lbs shy of my goal this month. That means I lost 8 lbs this month. I'm switching my method a bit, we'll see if it is a good thing or bad thing...see you all in April!
  • I hope everyone had a better month then me. I gained + 5.2 LBS.