Ideal Protein WEEKLY Chat, Feb 29- March 7, 2010

You're on Page 25 of 30
Go to
  • Quote: If I have two cups of veggies with my dinner do I also have to have a salad? There are some nites I just C A N ' T seem to eat anymore salad.
    I have struggled for a long time with get in two salads a day. My coach told me on Thursday to at least get one (fairly large) salad in at lunch and then eat two leaves of romaine with dinner as lettuce wraps. Since then I've been making stir frys and wrapping them in lettuce. It's so good!
  • Quote: I have not been having a salad at night. I have been reading on the internet today though and have come across things that say 2 salads a day. I think it is supposed to help with the constipation. I eat my olive oil at lunch with my salad and don't care for the walden farm's dressing to have salad at dinner. It will be interesting to hear from others on this.
    Yes, I would be interested to hear what others are saying about this as well. I am basically eating my romaine lettuce leaves 2x a day (before lunch and before dinner) but am starting to get very tired of it (especially last few days). Sometimes I substitute field green mix or spinach but am getting to the point I do it only because the protocal says to and not necessarily because I want it. My doctor said it's ok to have unlimited spinach in place of lettuce (even though it is listed under "select" vegetables...but this too can get a bit tiresome. I have steamed it in a bit of broth and lemon with sea salt and if I'm having mushroom soup, I pile a bunch of it in there.

The "basic" vinagrette I have been using is unfiltered apple cider vinegar + water + garlic + onion powder + celery salt + stevia. Sometimes I combine this with dijon mustard and EVOO. The Walden Farms stuff is scary to me.

If we miss a salad, is it ok to eat some extra "select" vegetables instead? What really are the reasons to eat so much lettuce everyday and is that sustainable? It is potentially an obstacle for me in seeing success with this diet over the long term. HELP!
  • Goodness IP Pals, you do post! I love it and don't want to miss any of the good ideas.

Talking of dreams, last night I was thinking about some of the posts that mentioned they were having health issues and questioning whether the IP Plan is healthy. I was sure (in my dream) that I was damaging my heart and all sorts of other fears. By morning I was fine and feeling normal.

I sure do miss my diet coke. My coach says no soda. I am committed to this and have found other things to drink. I am so glad that I really like caffiene free herbal tea.
  • ksb001 -
    Quote:
    Breakfast: 2-egg Veggie omelet, probably egg beaters or egg whites but if not, no biggie. Real eggs cooked by someone else, that's a treat right there.

Lunch: Salad with grilled chicken or hamburger without the bun and salad - that's okay.

Dinners: I'll stick with steaks/meats with veggies as much as I can but I'm not going to stress about dinner - I'm enjoying myself too. I'm not a big drinker but enjoy a cocktail every once in a while. I'm sticking with Bacardi Rum and Diet Coke - has calories but no carbs and I think it's yummy with extra limes. I'm going to have one dessert (one?) because I love sweets and that will be my planned cheat.
    I think your plan sounds great! Stick to it and I bet you might even keep losing during your vacation. Hooray for splurges and life doesn't always cooperate with us and our schedules, does it. Enjoy your vacation and stick to your plan.

Quote:
    My coach was having a contest this week - anyone who loses 4 lbs or more gets a free box of food, I lost 5.7 lbs last week so I'm not sure I'll get there but I'm really hoping!! After all who doesn't want to get paid $27 for losing 4 lbs

I weigh in tomorrow and I've been 100% on program all week! Wish me luck
    Good luck Jordanna! You are an inspiration and I love your Jordanna 2.0 concept. You already are a new you! Also I love reading your blog. I laughed so hard about the miracle noodles you tried. I want to make the egg pizza you posted but I'm hopeless at making omelets. They always end up being a few pieces or when I completely fail, a scramble. Good job staying completely on plan.
  • Quote: ksb001 -

I think your plan sounds great! Stick to it and I bet you might even keep losing during your vacation. Hooray for splurges and life doesn't always cooperate with us and our schedules, does it. Enjoy your vacation and stick to your plan.

Good luck Jordanna! You are an inspiration and I love your Jordanna 2.0 concept. You already are a new you! Also I love reading your blog. I laughed so hard about the miracle noodles you tried. I want to make the egg pizza you posted but I'm hopeless at making omelets. They always end up being a few pieces or when I completely fail, a scramble. Good job staying completely on plan.
    Aww thanks Cinnamon

The egg pizza was really easy (I promise) so if ever you really want pizza it's well worth it!
  • I had originally set my birthday goal at 25 lbs, and then changed it to 35 lbs, but I just realized if I lose 4 lbs this week, and 4 lbs next week I will have lost 40 lbs before my birthday....

what an AMAZING birthday gift that would be for myself
  • Quote: I had originally set my birthday goal at 25 lbs, and then changed it to 35 lbs, but I just realized if I lose 4 lbs this week, and 4 lbs next week I will have lost 40 lbs before my birthday....

what an AMAZING birthday gift that would be for myself
    Jordanna-that is awesome!!!! How exciting for you!!! What a better birthday present than a new wardrobe! lol.
  • Quote: If I have two cups of veggies with my dinner do I also have to have a salad? There are some nites I just C A N ' T seem to eat anymore salad.
    Hi. My name is libbyshims and I don't eat a salad everyday.

Whew! I said it. Seriously, I am not a big salad eater. I get my veggies, but am not consistent at all. I have not cheated (if you don't count not eating the salads) since I started IP 4 weeks ago. However, my losses have been slower than some on here.

My coach (who is very realistic-love her) told both my hubby and I when we started that it is best to follow the plan as it is laid out. However, if you have some drinks (hubby, not me) or don't get in all your foods (me not hubs), its not the end of the world, as long as you are aware that it may slow down your weight loss.

I definately have noticed differences in weeks where I eat veggies/salads/limit my restricted foods (5 pounds down) to weeks where I don't get all my salads/veggies, eat more restricted and don't keep a diary (2 pounds down).

Life takes over everyday for me at a different rate. Some days I get it right, and some days I dont and I am working (very hard) to be okay with that!
  • Quote:
    Welcome back, Jules! What a small world. My brother (and only sibling) lives in Westerville. The snow is getting old. I'm doing the program through Joy To Life, but I don't know where the company is based. I'm doing it through my chiropractor's office. I know you must be excited to get started. Best of luck! I know you'll do great!
    BevS: Wow, that is a small world, that your brother lives here too. I went to the lecture by Joy4Life at my partner's chiropractor (Farabaugh). I went very informed after doing a lot of research and knew what I wanted. The guy who gave the lecture Robert (forget the last name) didn't seem to like the idea that I was already informed and, basically refused to answer anyone's questions. Long story short, I went onto the IP website, searched location, said no clinics were in my area (as the Joy4Life is so new) and ended up getting an e-mail and talking with a guy from California who is wonderful and working with me via phone and e-mail. Much cheaper and I can do it, for the most part, the way I wanted to! Only a $49 sign up fee and I think the food is slightly cheaper. I really didn't want to have to go weigh in weekly anyway and I can try to swing this with with my partner, some IP foods, EAS carb control shakes and PURE protein bars. Are you strictly eating the IP foods?
  • Good morning everyone! So excited! My coach has arranged for the district coach to come and do an info session tonight! I have so many questions and am really looking forward to having them answered!!!

FYI:
    Did the detox (laxatives) 2 nights in a row. Really got things "moving" if you know what I mean! Will incorporate the (more gentle) stool softeners into my plan daily to keep things moving along!!

Interesting to see if my coach was right about it helping the weight loss process. Sure hope so!!

Don't get me wrong - 2 lbs lost in one week is fantastic - but frankly, I want to see some bigger numbers!!! Her belief is that I am storing sugars in my body still, so the detox should have helped to eliminate them. Keeping fingers crossed!
  • Quote: BevS: Wow, that is a small world, that your brother lives here too. I went to the lecture by Joy4Life at my partner's chiropractor (Farabaugh). I went very informed after doing a lot of research and knew what I wanted. The guy who gave the lecture Robert (forget the last name) didn't seem to like the idea that I was already informed and, basically refused to answer anyone's questions. Long story short, I went onto the IP website, searched location, said no clinics were in my area (as the Joy4Life is so new) and ended up getting an e-mail and talking with a guy from California who is wonderful and working with me via phone and e-mail. Much cheaper and I can do it, for the most part, the way I wanted to! Only a $49 sign up fee and I think the food is slightly cheaper. I really didn't want to have to go weigh in weekly anyway and I can try to swing this with with my partner, some IP foods, EAS carb control shakes and PURE protein bars. Are you strictly eating the IP foods?
    Hi, Jules, sounds like it might be the same guy. Was his last name perhaps Ehmann? My company was joy2life instead of joy4life though. He was good at answering our questions. Maybe he felt threatened that people knew so much already in your group. It's definitely a hard sell--"if you're not committed to doing it, leave now." Two of my friends had to go outside and wait for me cause we went together. It was embarrassing. I usually end up doing my own weights and measurements and emailing them to my coach. Good for you on doing it the way you want! No, I'm not eating only IP foods. I was told by my coach that I can have 2 eggs (not whites only) at any meal instead of a packet, plus I eat the Quorn chik'n patties (coach also said it was fine). I order from Lindora also at half the price and use my Now whey protein isolate to make protein shakes. I feel like I'm still following the spirit of the plan.
  • Have any of you referred others to join IP??

Since starting this program, I have referred several people to the progam. One person has already joined and another 2 are set to join in the next few weeks.

I know that some coach's offer a weigh loss incentive i.e lose x number of lbs and receive a box of free food etc. but does anyone's coach offer a referral incentive at their clinic?
  • Quote: Have any of you referred others to join IP??

Since starting this program, I have referred several people to the progam. One person has already joined and another 2 are set to join in the next few weeks.

I know that some coach's offer a weigh loss incentive i.e lose x number of lbs and receive a box of free food etc. but does anyone's coach offer a referral incentive at their clinic?
    Mine does, but the expense is so great I haven't pushed it to my friends. Instead, I've offered to share what I've learned.
  • Quote: Hi. My name is libbyshims and I don't eat a salad everyday.
    OMG! I just about had an accident I was laughing so hard! lol!!!!

I hear ya on the salad thing. There are days that I do not eat my salads, but always get in my 4 c veggies.
    I do make every attempt to eat a salad 2 x daily just to get my roughage in, but some days it is REALLY hard to swallow ANOTHER piece of lettuce!

I find myself getting bored with the regular iceburg, dressing and toppings, so I try to mix it up a bit. Love using the lettuce to make wraps, adding spinach or romaine, or a spring mix ..... anything to mix it up a bit!
  • Quote: Hi. My name is libbyshims and I don't eat a salad everyday.

Whew! I said it. Seriously, I am not a big salad eater. I get my veggies, but am not consistent at all. I have not cheated (if you don't count not eating the salads) since I started IP 4 weeks ago. However, my losses have been slower than some on here.

My coach (who is very realistic-love her) told both my hubby and I when we started that it is best to follow the plan as it is laid out. However, if you have some drinks (hubby, not me) or don't get in all your foods (me not hubs), its not the end of the world, as long as you are aware that it may slow down your weight loss.

I definately have noticed differences in weeks where I eat veggies/salads/limit my restricted foods (5 pounds down) to weeks where I don't get all my salads/veggies, eat more restricted and don't keep a diary (2 pounds down).

Life takes over everyday for me at a different rate. Some days I get it right, and some days I dont and I am working (very hard) to be okay with that!
    I have also consumed a minimal amount of salad... between that and liking the leek soup, I guess I'm kind of a renegade. But at least I have you for company on the salad front. Maybe I should try to make more of an effort... what do you think? I will if you will.