Ideal Protein WEEKLY Chat, Feb 29- March 7, 2010

You're on Page 14 of 30
Go to
  • Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, I haven't had the best week and a half. I've made poor choices due to lack of planning and have actually gained 2lbs (ugh!). Why do I sabotage myself???? Anyone have any suggestions on how to get yourself out of the way?

BTW, Congrats to everyone for their losses and nsv's.
  • Hi Birman,

Just realized we have similar stats and start dates. I like your approach to this diet, and was wondering if you would mind sharing a typical menu for a day?

Thanks
  • Hey everyone! Any suggestions for a good IP appetizer for a baby shower? I have one on Saturday at 4 pm and I would like to take something that I can eat, but that will be good for everyone else too!

Any ideas?
  • Quote: Hi everyone. Week one and 8 pounds gone! Official weigh in is tomorrow (day 8). I have been reading past posts every day, going back to the beginning, and have FINALLY made it to the end!! whew... I feel like I know all of you already Anyhoo, looking forward to getting to really know all of you.
    Welcome aboard and congrats on a terrific first week!
  • hello everyone! Been a crazy week and haven't had the chance to read all the posts, but from what I have seen WEIGH TO GO! lol!!! There has been some serious poundage being lost around here! Great job everyone!

And a big welcome to all the newbies! I'm sure you have a million questions, and the great news is that you've come to the right place! You will find all your questions answered by reading through all the prevous posts and if not, then just ask! Someone is always willing and able to help out a fellow IPer!!!

I had my weigh in yesterday and dropped another 2 lbs. Making this 32 lbs since January 2! Wasn't the number I Was hoping to see, but at least it is still moving in the right direction!!! Coach is talking of detoxing me to boost my weight loss. Thinks I might have some stored sugars in my system that are thwarting all my efforts.....

Anyhoo - have a great day everyone!

Keep up the good fight!
  • Quote: Hey all! I asked the following question on the FAQ thread but no one has replied so I thought I would ask here:

Can we have any packet for any meal? For example - can I have a ready to go drink for my snack?

Thanks!
    At first I thought my coach wanted me to have packets listed under breakfasts at breakfast and items listed under entrees for lunches, but I had a lot more snacks in my quick-start kit than anything else. So I figured it wasn't going to last me the entire 2 weeks promised if I didn't have at least the drinks and puddings for breakfast and lunch some of the time. So now I have any packet for any meal. They all have plenty of protein.
  • Down 3.5 for my second week. Disappointed weigh in I was expecting a higher number for my second week. The only thing I could figure was that I was sick for half of the second week and got my IP food in each day but was not successful getting in the required amount of vegtables and all the water. However I'm zoning in on the total number and looking forward to a better week next week.

Start: 227
    1st week 217.5 down 9.5
    2nd week 214 down 3.5
    Total 13lbs
  • For those suffering from constipation -
    I did a whole body cleanse many moons ago and part of the protocol was to drink warm salt water in the morning to help flush out the toxins your body was getting rid of. I have been doing the same on this diet. I have found it to be very helpful. Just a suggestion.

Skittlescda - I hope you feel better very soon.
  • Quote: Hey everyone! Any suggestions for a good IP appetizer for a baby shower? I have one on Saturday at 4 pm and I would like to take something that I can eat, but that will be good for everyone else too!

Any ideas?
    There are a lot of recipes to wade through but there are definitely some good ideas here. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...t-recipes.html
  • Quote: There are a lot of recipes to wade through but there are definitely some good ideas here. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...t-recipes.html
    I would suggest mini lettuce wraps that people can make themselves.

1 pound Jenny-O ground turkey
    2/3 cup mixture of soy sauce/white vinegar and one splenda packet

brown meat like you are making tacos. pour mixture over and simmer for about 20-30 minutes until all is ubsorbed (sp?).

Put in the center of a platter-I use a chip/dip platter or the tupperware veggie tray.

surround with bib lettuce, greeen onions cut into long narrow strips, red and green peppers cut into long narrow strips, and cucumbers cut into long narrow strips.

If you can, I usually serve some WF ranch dressing on the side.
  • Quote: I would suggest mini lettuce wraps that people can make themselves.

1 pound Jenny-O ground turkey
    2/3 cup mixture of soy sauce/white vinegar and one splenda packet

brown meat like you are making tacos. pour mixture over and simmer for about 20-30 minutes until all is ubsorbed (sp?).

Put in the center of a platter-I use a chip/dip platter or the tupperware veggie tray.

surround with bib lettuce, greeen onions cut into long narrow strips, red and green peppers cut into long narrow strips, and cucumbers cut into long narrow strips.

If you can, I usually serve some WF ranch dressing on the side.

Sorry guys- I just realized I should have posted this in the recipe section!! My bad
  • Thanks LILITA, EASTCOASTMAMA AND FLUFFYMAMA. Although my doctor told me to stay off the packs until after the ultrasound today, I did have a pudding last night and will have a shake for lunch after the ultrasound. I feel about the same today...nothing is moving but the pain in my flank is not as bad as it was yesterday and I'm not taking anything for pain today....all that'll do is irritate my stomach more lol.

FLUFFYMAMA.......where can I buy Mirilax? Is this an over-the-counter laxative.

I really hope that I can stay on this diet, maybe with some minor modifications to suit my food intolerances to wheat & gluten. The 5 weeks that I've been on it has definitely got me on the right track to healthier eating and I'm determined to reach my goal regardless.
  • Quote: Down 3.5 for my second week. Disappointed weigh in I was expecting a higher number for my second week. The only thing I could figure was that I was sick for half of the second week and got my IP food in each day but was not successful getting in the required amount of vegtables and all the water. However I'm zoning in on the total number and looking forward to a better week next week.
    I understand your disappointment, but step back and take a look at the big picture...13 pounds in two weeks is awesome! Have you ever been any diet that had results like that before?! This week will be better for you. I just know it!
  • Quote: Just dropping in to share...week 14 weigh in and down 48lbs total!!! I have never had a plan work so well. It was a tough couple of weeks but I am feeling good and moving forward. My average is 3.4lbs a week.
    48lbs wow that is amazing!!! Great job, I hope one day I will be able to post that much of a loss!!!
  • Quote: Just dropping in to share...week 14 weigh in and down 48lbs total!!! I have never had a plan work so well. It was a tough couple of weeks but I am feeling good and moving forward. My average is 3.4lbs a week.
    Wow!! That is awesome! Great job