March Goals - let's encourage eachother to get on track

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to

• I know several of us have been stuggling and perhaps not following plan as strictly as we should. I wanted to put those days behind me.

I'm looking forward to better weather, better control and focus on plan and intending to get to goal. I am more likely to meet written goals:

1. exercise each week a minimum of 3x - 30 min
    2. stay on plan
    3. limit creamies
    4. max out my HNS
    5. faithfully take my vitamins, EFA's, etc.,.
    6. get to stabilization
    7. drink my water

Now that doesn't look so hard - I just have to commit to each meal and each day at a time -which has been harder than it looks lately.

Let's post our March goals and help each other be accountable!
  • Keiko, great idea. I'm in this one 100%.

My March goals are:

1. Drink all my water each day.
    2. Get in 4 hns daily.
    3. Take all vitamins and supplements regularly.
    4. Eat on schedule each day.
    5. Stay 100% OP
    6. Exercise minimum of 3 times a week.
    7. Start my daily reward jar!

Because I have had such a hard time these last two months staying op 100%, I'm starting a reward jar as an incentive. I'm putting in $50 to start. For each day I am 100% OP, get all water, hns, all vitamins, all meals, on time, etc., I am going to add 50 cents for each. When I exercise I will be adding $1 each time. I decided to start my jar with the initial amount because I will also be penalizing myself for any instances I fall short. So if I keep messing around, I could empty my jar in a few weeks. I will do my best not to keep track of the amount of money I have and when I hit GOAL, I'm taking that money and doing something fun with it. Hopeully, I will have a large amount! I've really been trying to figure out some sort of incentive for myself, so this is what I've come up with.
  • That's a great idea! I know I need some support in bolstering my resolve. There are lots of great things you could reward yourself with at the end of the month!
  • What a great idea for a thread.
    The jar is great. I'm going to do that as well. This will be my motivation to stay with this and get to maintenance. I'm having to exercise more and I hate to exercise. Seeing the money build up in the jar will be a good visual incentive.
    I plan to (as a reward) go buy a new outfit for my "after" picture that the center will take this week at the Stabilization Party that they have planned.
    This will be my reward for getting to stabilization.
  • This is a really good board! Unfortunately I am coming off of a HORRIBLE weekend of eating I was out of town for work Friday and Saturday, was so busy I didnt eat any lunch on Fri (had to live of trail mix to keep from starving) and had a burger at dinner. Then Sat came along and also had no time for anything, so I had a granola bar for breakfast and some chicken noodle soup for lunch. Dinner was reallly really late. Not to mention I didnt have any of my supplements or HNS! I weighed myself this morning and surprisingly haven't gained anything, but I also haven't gone to weigh in since last Tues. I'm supposed to do measurements tomorrow, but I'm kinda scared to go back in!
  • This is a great thread! I love the jar idea too My goals for the month would be:

- Lose atleast 15 lbs in the month of March.
    - Stay OP no matter what (my friends bday is the end of the month and st patty's day)
    - Start exercising atleast 30 mins a day 4 times a week.
    - On nice days...doing something active outside....hiking or taking my dog for a walk.

I am so happy for all of you all being so close to goal I am still a long way from my goal...but I am so glad we have this site to inspire each other. We all know what we are going through...and that helps! I hope you all have a wonderful OP week!
  • The jar is a fabulous idea! I think i will have to hide it from my 4 teenagers though! LOL! I am so thankful this board is here! You all are such a great support system!
  • The Jar is a GREAT idea... I love having something that makes me accountable.

My March Goals.

1. Be down 12lbs
    2. Sign the 50lb board
    3. Take all my supplements/HNS every day
    4. Drink 120oz of water a day
    5. Start Exercising at least 3 x a week.

I live in Savannah, and we have a huge St. Patty's day celebration. 2nd largest in the country. and I've decided to resist this year. No green beer here..

Have a GREAT March everyone..
  • Quote: The Jar is a GREAT idea... I love having something that makes me accountable.

My March Goals.

1. Be down 12lbs
    2. Sign the 50lb board
    3. Take all my supplements/HNS every day
    4. Drink 120oz of water a day
    5. Start Exercising at least 3 x a week.

I live in Savannah, and we have a huge St. Patty's day celebration. 2nd largest in the country. and I've decided to resist this year. No green beer here..

Have a GREAT March everyone..
    Do they still dye the river green? When i was lil i wondered what that did to the things IN the river haha.. I love savannah!
  • Hope everyone had a great weekend. For all of us, we will be entering March like a lion and ending like a lion as well. We will go against the saying for the weather and show everyone we mean business.

I added $5.50 to my jar yesterday.
  • Quote: Do they still dye the river green? When i was lil i wondered what that did to the things IN the river haha.. I love savannah!
    They don't dye the river.. They do dye the water in all the fountains green. it's really cool to see.. It's such a big deal here.. Keep your fingers crossed that the tourist come.. We can really use the $$ down here.. Hopefully they will come for both weekends since it's on a Wednesday..
  • *At least 100 oz water everyday.
    *Do some type of exercise everyday... even if its walking.
    *Don't buy ANY off plan foods (if I don't buy them I can't eat them!)
    *If I have a feeling that I want to eat, do something else (clean, workout, organize stuff, read my book, homework, etc.)
    *Get back into the 140's by my birthday (March 30).
  • Quote: They don't dye the river.. They do dye the water in all the fountains green. it's really cool to see.. It's such a big deal here.. Keep your fingers crossed that the tourist come.. We can really use the $$ down here.. Hopefully they will come for both weekends since it's on a Wednesday..
    I *think* I was in savannah last year..but at the hospital with my father..so that wasnt fun at all..i should have taken a lil time to come out and party!! I love st. Pattys day!! I dunno why..maybe its all the green...or just that im part irish LOL i dunno
  • Ugg St Patty's is huge in our house. I'm 50% Irish and the fiance loves our traditional family recipes. I think I'm going to skip it this year - there will always be next year for family recipes.

My March goals:
    1. No more drinking. No wine, beer, or mixed drinks.
    2. Journal. I have gotten lax about keeping track of what I eat. I think this will help keep me on track.
    3. Clean the basement so I can have the exercise room back. Christmas exploded in the basement and I haven't put it away.
    4. No more wedding planning (at least not EVERY weekend). It's stressing me out and these trips to denver are costing me money and making me eat out.
    5. Start weighing in 2 times a week. I usually go only on Saturdays but I think adding another day will keep me motivated.

What I've been doing is taking weekends off. We have to drive to Denver for wedding planning which means we eat out and I forget to take pills, HNS etc... Then we stop by a friends house and we have a few drinks. Those drinks usually lead to eating on the way home. Sunday I feel like I've already wasted Saturday I might as well have that bagel sandwich, soda and chips. Here we are on Monday and I'm trying to make up for my weekend mistakes.
  • My March goals are:

1. Drink all my water before I allow myself anything else
    2. Stop allowing food to comfort me
    3. Stay on track and OP
    4. Lose at least 10 pounds this month
    5. Exercise minimum of 4 times a week.
    6. Less stress and more sleep