Ticker Thoughts

• I was just looking at my ticker. Usually, when I think about how much weight I need to lose, I feel a little overwhelmed. It just seems like such a huge number, so far away, and it's hard to imagine ever making it there. But, when I look at that little ticker, I see how far I've already come. On that ticker, the goal doesn't seem that far away. It LOOKS do-able.

That little ticker is really doing it's job.
  • how true.

sometimes I feel like it's a gentle nag too: did you move me yet? did you move me yet? did you move me yet? heh heh, which for me, isn't such a bad thing.
  • I love my ticker! I don't mind changing it at all ever!

For me, I too find it overwhelming to see the large number at the end, so I started ticking out my mini goals. But I always keep the start weight my original start weight so I can see how far I've come.
  • I find my ticker very inspiring. Maybe in part because I had started about 6 weeks before I joined 3fc, and then had to wait the 20 days, so by that time, I had already lost enough to be able to look at my ticker and take pride in my progress.

I also really like having 2 tickers, so I can focus on a shorter term goal, but still remind myself of just how far I've come already.
  • Tickers are awesome. For me, 16 pounds doesn't seem like a huge loss because I still have so much to lose before I reach my goal, but when I look at my ticker it reminds me that I'm almost 1/3 there!
  • I love my ticker! It is a quick visual reminder of how far I've come and how much closer I am getting to my goal. One of the first things I do on Fridays after weighing in is update my ticker. That is just like a little me jumping for joy down there!
  • I remember when I first joined 3FC I used to look admiringly at the tickers of others and think WOW, look how far they've come. Now I look at mine and I can't believe it!