Question regarding purging...

• So I've started to panic...I'm not losing weight like I used to...I started at 300 pounds and have dropped down to 215...but now the weight loss isn't happening much anymore. I'm not gaining but I'm not losing and I've started doing more exercise and way more vairety. Anyways, I've started purging whenever I feel like I've eaten too many calories. According to the calorie calcultor I've used I can eat 1500 calories...If I feel like I've eaten 1600 calories in a day I will purge....here's my question. I know purging isn't good for your body etc but why is it that I am being told purging does absolutely nothing? I've been told you lose none of the calories you've consumed even if you purge immediately after eating something. Is this remotely true?
  • Purging is not a healthy method of weight loss. If you're struggling with purging, I suggest you try your physician again (I know you checked in before and didn't qualify for treatment, but the problem seems to be escalating).

3FC regulations don't permit discussions about efficacy of unsafe weight loss methods, so I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.