South beach diet ??

• If I do the south beach diet for a few weeks just to try and drop weight quickly will the weight stay off if I return back to just eating low cal I seem to be stuck at the same weight and was looking for a way to get past it
  • Everyone's body is different- I know for me if I went back to eating low cal and more carbs I'd start gaining again.
  • Phase I of South Beach is designed to eliminate cravings - weightloss is a bonus and may not happen if you have already been dieting. It is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix.
  • What you may actually be in need of is some extra cals. Our metabolism starts to slow after 3 days a the same level. This is why most people doing calorie restriction plateau at some point. Sometimes a high cal day or two will give your metabolism a kick start. Have you looked into zig zagging your calories at all?
  • I dropped 10 pounds on Phase one of the SBD. That was last year, and I haven't gained it back. I quit losing when I started Phase 2, so I got discouraged and stopped SB.
    Been trying IE, but it is really difficult, plus, I've been really sick lately.
    Good luck to you.