visiting friends/family=binge

• I went to my parent's for the weekend and I always seem to eat things I don't want to when I'm there! My parents like going out to eat and buying ice cream to keep in the freezer and I'll find myself taking a little bit of something here and there.
  • Thankfully, my mom started eating better when I did. It's awesome.

My roommate eats a bunch of crap and stays under 110 pounds, though. Little jerk!
  • Visiting my family is the same way. We usually always end up ordering pizza or eating out at Culver's (my mom's favorite place) or something similar. And there is always ice cream there too! They are big on munching too, so chips and dips, and m&m's are my mom's weakness (she even collects m&m stuff!). My dad is an excellent cook, so he'll make extravagant meals if we don't order out.
  • My mammaw (tiny g-gma) ALWAYS has a full cookie jar, TONS of little debbies, and a gallon or two (I exaggerate) of ice-cream. I usually bring my own food.
  • I have the same problem. My parents keep way more junk food in the house than I do. I think it's a mentality--when I'm visiting for the weekend, it kind of feels like a vacation, so I'm like "oh! vacation! snacks! junk food!"
  • It's not just that there's junk food in the house when I visit my folks--my parents (esp. mother) actually encourage me to overeat! I think she has a guilt complex because when I was a teenager she berrated me into an ED, so now she stuffs me with chocolate pretzels to assure herself we're okay. Sometimes I just take the initiative and offer to cook for the family to "give her a break"--then I can choose dishes with some actual fruits and veggies in them.
  • Oh man do I hear our pain. My bf mom was in the hospital and had surgery and we were staying with her for a few months to help out around the house and such and while I was there i gained 6 pounds!!

its like every time I'm over there I eat! and I just can't seem to control myself.
    =/
  • lol my mom's excuse is "it's not like you can eat these everyday, so why don't you eat some more?"
    And i'll have to "no thx mom i'm stuffed. Can't eat anymore".
    Even though she'll probably try harder "that's not enough. You've just have *enter amount here*".
    Yeah and then i still ignore her and flee.
    Yes....