IP Monthly Chat February 2010 Continued #3

You're on Page 7 of 45
Go to
  • Quote: I don't know about anyone else, but I have a love/hate relationship going on with the weekends! On one hand, I LOVE the weekends because I get to relax and spend time with my hubby and family. On the other hand, I have WAY too much time on my hands. I try to keep busy and not think about food, but it gets really hard sometimes. During the week, I am sooooo busy at work that I don't even give it a second thought. But then comes Saturday and Sunday and oh boy........ I want to find an even balance between relaxing and staying busy when I have time off, but I am starting to dread the weekends. Anyone else have this problem??
    I have been programmed to love the weekends since it means I am out of school for a few days but I now travel to my boyfriend's parent's house where there are 3 growing boys and parents who have never battled weight in their life so as soon as we step in the door there is a fresh batch of cookies waiting or we are being offered ice cream or cheesecake about once every 2 hours. It's ROUGH for me. I have always had the worst sweet tooth. I enjoy healthy food but not healthy sweet alternatives. This is where ALL of my cheating has taken place. AHHHH I probably need to quit coming. I am NOT going next weekend and I am going to spend my time at the gym or on this forum. END of STORY :P Another words, I feel your pain pertaining to the weekends
  • Being a stay at home mum is tough too...it's like everyday is the weekend lol.
  • Quote: Being a stay at home mum is tough too...it's like everyday is the weekend lol.
    How old are your kids? I know when I watch my grandson, he is 1 year old, it is hard to try to cook healthy let alone have time to eat. I only have to struggle with that 1 to 2 times a week. I bet you are busy with your kids and then cooking for them is probably a little different than what you are eating. That is great that you can stay home with them! My daughter-in-law stays home with my grandson and he is so bright. Her and my son are very doting young parents.
  • Quote: How old are your kids? I know when I watch my grandson, he is 1 year old, it is hard to try to cook healthy let alone have time to eat. I only have to struggle with that 1 to 2 times a week. I bet you are busy with your kids and then cooking for them is probably a little different than what you are eating. That is great that you can stay home with them! My daughter-in-law stays home with my grandson and he is so bright. Her and my son are very doting young parents.
    My little guy will be 10 months old in a couple of days. He's a busy little guy, keeps me on my toes!! I find the hardest things not to eat of his are: cheese, grapes, yogurt & goldfish crackers!! Mostly it's just hard to stay out of the pantry all day
  • Wow! I haven't been on the boards since last week and you guys left me in your dust... and a whole new batch of people has turned up!

I'm coming off a couple of slow weeks (2.5-3 pounds per week) which I found distressing at first, but at four weeks my total is 18.5 pounds and almost 16 inches lost, so when I look at it in the big picture sense, I'm pretty darned satisfied with how things are going. And when I come back here and see the incredible progress everyone is making, it's pretty cool.

Another thing I experienced this past week is a dull headache on the right side that lasted several days. I'm not prone to headaches at all, so it was kind of bothersome. I went back through some of the IP literature and concluded that, even though I was drinking more than 64 ounces of water each day, it probably wasn't enough. I have coffee in the morning (half-caf), and now I've read that I should drink an extra 8 ounces of water for each cup of coffee. I also kicked up the sea salt a bit, and the headache is gone.

Just thought I'd put it out there, in case anyone else experiences something similar.
  • Wagnomore, your weight loss is especially inspiring to me because your start and goal numbers are very close to mine. I would love any hints for success. Also, I am from the midwest too. Do you have HyVee stores where you live? If so, has your coach talked with you about the HyVee water refreshers as a "legal" IP drink? My coach said it was ok, but it is how I get almost all of my water intake each day. I hope it is something that doesn't hold me back on my first weigh in tomorrow.
  • Quote: Wow! I haven't been on the boards since last week and you guys left me in your dust... and a whole new batch of people has turned up!

I'm coming off a couple of slow weeks (2.5-3 pounds per week) which I found distressing at first, but at four weeks my total is 18.5 pounds and almost 16 inches lost, so when I look at it in the big picture sense, I'm pretty darned satisfied with how things are going. And when I come back here and see the incredible progress everyone is making, it's pretty cool.

Another thing I experienced this past week is a dull headache on the right side that lasted several days. I'm not prone to headaches at all, so it was kind of bothersome. I went back through some of the IP literature and concluded that, even though I was drinking more than 64 ounces of water each day, it probably wasn't enough. I have coffee in the morning (half-caf), and now I've read that I should drink an extra 8 ounces of water for each cup of coffee. I also kicked up the sea salt a bit, and the headache is gone.

Just thought I'd put it out there, in case anyone else experiences something similar.
    Novak, congrats on the weight loss and loss of inches. I'm sure it is frustrating when you don't pull as high numbers as you maybe did right in the beginning, but man, two or three pounds per week is really fantastic. I hope you're proud!
  • Quote: My little guy will be 10 months old in a couple of days. He's a busy little guy, keeps me on my toes!! I find the hardest things not to eat of his are: cheese, grapes, yogurt & goldfish crackers!! Mostly it's just hard to stay out of the pantry all day
    I hear you jordanna. I have three kids and I was making them waffles this morning and as I poured on the syrup, I think I may have drooled right on their plates. Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration, but man was it hard to resist. Also, yesterday my two-year-old wanted to share his M&M with me and we are working on sharing, so I let him put it in my mouth and then I had to spit it into the garbage. Holy will power!
  • Quote: I hear you jordanna. I have three kids and I was making them waffles this morning and as I poured on the syrup, I think I may have drooled right on their plates. Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration, but man was it hard to resist. Also, yesterday my two-year-old wanted to share his M&M with me and we are working on sharing, so I let him put it in my mouth and then I had to spit it into the garbage. Holy will power!
    Wow that is amazing will power - well done!! Luckily my little guy likes to eat pretty much everything I give him so there isn't much for leftovers or I'd probably be tempted to help him finish it up
  • Hi everyone! Yesterday I went to a see a friend's band play at a bar/BBQ place and I am finding it easier and easier to just drink water when everyone else is drinking. Also it is much safer as I can be the DD! Someone told me to drive home safely and I said, yeah I had so much water!! I'm vegetarian so the BBQ didn't tempt me at all. Also it's nice not to have a hangover.

My big victory is that I fit into my jean skirt again! I was totally surprised when I tried it on before going out. Hooray for sexy clothing! It will be so nice to finally fit everything in my closet. I feel like my wieght loss is slow but the average is 3-5 pounds a week for a woman.

Also, now the IP eating plan is a habit so it's not nearly as hard to stick to as it was in weeks 1-2. If you are in the first week or two, hang in there! It does get easier.

How did everyone figure out their target weight? My coach didn't help me at all with that, they just asked what I thought it was. Wondering if others had more guidance on that.

Week 1: -6.4 lbs
    Week 2: -3.6 lbs
    Week 3: -4.3 lbs
    Week 4: In progress
    Total 14.3 pounds down. Almost 10 dozen eggs?
  • HyVee Water Refreshers
    Quote: Wagnomore, your weight loss is especially inspiring to me because your start and goal numbers are very close to mine. I would love any hints for success. Also, I am from the midwest too. Do you have HyVee stores where you live? If so, has your coach talked with you about the HyVee water refreshers as a "legal" IP drink? My coach said it was ok, but it is how I get almost all of my water intake each day. I hope it is something that doesn't hold me back on my first weigh in tomorrow.
    I am familiar with HyVee - but no stores close to me - so I am not sure of what it's got in it. Is it carbonated? Doubleck the sweetener - Sorbitol I understand is approved - but aspartame is not so good. But each of our bodies react differently. I tried a trick that ea time I go to the bathroom I try n drink another 8oz water. Herbal tea can count for 1/2 your water (I like the frutier teas TAZO especially - drinking something warm seems to calm me. I even will just sip on warm water. Do you like lemon? You can add that to water too.

You will have a great weigh-in tomorrow, and when you see the inches and pounds falling off - it is so motivating! Then next week you can fine-tune what/how you are eating. I can't believe I started right before Thanksgiving - but I promised myself this would be a lifestyle change - so when would there be a better time. I have made many mistakes along the way - but I am trilled to be where I am at today - a tad impatient that the last 10 pounds are alot slower coming off.

Your tastebuds will change - you will actually begin to crave those "vegetables" all natural...I now love my salads - mixing lettuce,spinach, celery, romaine and cucumbers with just grapeseed oil and sea salt. Hang in there and if you have more questions - just ask.
  • Quote: I have been programmed to love the weekends since it means I am out of school for a few days but I now travel to my boyfriend's parent's house where there are 3 growing boys and parents who have never battled weight in their life so as soon as we step in the door there is a fresh batch of cookies waiting or we are being offered ice cream or cheesecake about once every 2 hours. It's ROUGH for me. I have always had the worst sweet tooth. I enjoy healthy food but not healthy sweet alternatives. This is where ALL of my cheating has taken place. AHHHH I probably need to quit coming. I am NOT going next weekend and I am going to spend my time at the gym or on this forum. END of STORY :P Another words, I feel your pain pertaining to the weekends
    I am right there with ya regarding the sweets. I have a horrible sweet tooth. I still struggle but one thing that has helped me so much is the Gymnema. It is an herbal supplement that helps reduce the craving for sugar. I have still cheated here and there but it has helped so much. the IP clinic here carries it but i know others have been able to get it online.
  • Haven't been around much here, but did go to my first weigh in and lost 5.7 lbs. I think I was in shock, because my coach kept saying, that's good, that's really good. It is becoming obvious in my clothing already, and people keep commenting on my hair. (my face has already slimmed down some). I keep counting how many people who know me comment on my same haircut I have had for months, its a great feeling!
  • Hello everyone,
    I'm starting IP on either Tuesday or Wednesday (depending on when my box arrives!)

I starting reading through all of the different posts on 3fc a few days ago when my friend told me about IP. I hadn't seen her in a few months and she e-mailed me some photos of her trying on wedding dresses -- I couldn't believe how great she looked! She found the diet through the chiro office she works at and she is going to be my coach. She and I have always had a similar body-type so she said she thought IP would work for me, too. I am really excited to start and I can tell from what I've read on the forum that this will be a great tool in helping me stay on plan :-)
  • Quote: I don't know about anyone else, but I have a love/hate relationship going on with the weekends! On one hand, I LOVE the weekends because I get to relax and spend time with my hubby and family. On the other hand, I have WAY too much time on my hands. I try to keep busy and not think about food, but it gets really hard sometimes. During the week, I am sooooo busy at work that I don't even give it a second thought. But then comes Saturday and Sunday and oh boy........ I want to find an even balance between relaxing and staying busy when I have time off, but I am starting to dread the weekends. Anyone else have this problem??
    My problem is being home alone, with all the food my husband can eat. I get extra "cravings" even though I am not hungry. Made myself a big batch of Iced Green Tea that I reach for when I get one of those. Much rather be busy at work with no free time to think about food......