Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 05:56 AM   #571  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
All I know is they stressed the 1 full teaspoon for the duration of the diet, as well as the rest of the supplements. The regional manager said if we don't take them as directed, we could get sick.
Funny about the salt... I have only seen a 1/2 teaspoon per day protocol. Is a full teaspoon the standard where you are?
Old 02-26-2010, 06:15 AM   #572  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
Can anyone share some information on exercise with this diet. What are most of you doing and how long and how many times per week. I shared earlier that my coach said to only exercise at night for the first three weeks on IP which totally screws up my routine as I had been walking 1 hour each morning. Later on in the day is not something I can do on a consistent basis.
You can keep exercising if you've already been exercising. Nothing too strenuous though. This diet is so low in calories if you do exercise and you see you aren't losing, add another packet.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:15 AM   #573  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
Not exercising sounds good to me.
Spoken like a true American!
Old 02-26-2010, 06:27 AM   #574  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
sam0617:
You can walk for an hour every day. I do. Well, I walk throughout the day as I have a dog, but we take 2 walks in the morning and 2-3 at night. On weekends we walk farther and it takes about an hour (in addition to the necessary morning and evening walks). As long as you are not power walking like crazy, I think you should be fine. My clinic told me that all my dog walking is fine. When we had the blizzard earlier this February, sometimes I walked 2.5 hours a day. It was so nice not to have to work! My dog loved it.
Hey CinnamonSparkes, we have a lot of dog (animal) lovers on here....if you go back through previous threads you'll definitely see a lot! I have 5 dogs (doberman and 4 mutts....haha my license plate says MUTT MOM), 3 turtles (one that is 50 pounds), 15 rats, 4 frogs and a bunch of fish. Tell us about your dog!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 06:34 AM   #575  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommySarah3 View Post
Happy Birthday Josh Today is my birthday too so I feel your pain in the birthday cake department! It totally sucks now, but it should be worth it in the end right? :
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU SARAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 06:35 AM   #576  

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
I would say no, not on plan....but I have had them and still had a loss for the week, and I ate the whole bag. They are fatty and not the healthiest choice...but for carbs/sugars aspect....I suppose it is better than potatoe chips? Good luck.
IP isn't just about the low carb, low sugar, high protein, it is also low fat!! Eating healthy on this diet is key to learning how to re-eat for when you go into maintenance! No pork rinds!!!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 08:28 AM   #577  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by denialdoesntwork View Post
Love Wii fit plus! It can really get you sweating! It is all up to you, however hard you work determines your success. It is really fun and the time flies by.
I have the 'old school' wii fit...and I LOVE it! What is nice about the entire wii is that after I do a workout, I can easily play something like tennis with the kids and have a ball.

fyi...if you google 'wii fit cheat codes' -they aren't cheating, promise!...you will be able to see how many activity points you need in your bank to unlock extra exercises. I found this very helpful and by the end of the first week, I was able to unlock them all. The boxing pro is my all time fav. if I am in a hurry and need a quick 'good' sweat! Good for you!
Old 02-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #578  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Funny about the salt... I have only seen a 1/2 teaspoon per day protocol. Is a full teaspoon the standard where you are?
Yes. That's why I'm wondering if anyone else on this forum is taking a full teaspoon. It was hard for me to get used to since I'm not much of a salter anyway, but I've been doing it and have only had 1 headache since the beginning of the diet.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #579  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Yes. That's why I'm wondering if anyone else on this forum is taking a full teaspoon. It was hard for me to get used to since I'm not much of a salter anyway, but I've been doing it and have only had 1 headache since the beginning of the diet.
I only had one very slight headache for several days during my third week, but I wasn't being that careful about getting the 1/2 teaspoon in, and it quickly went away with increased water to offset my coffee and more diligence about the salt. I don't know why reducing it would be a problem for you, unless there is some medical reason, but it sounds like it's just the standard protocol where you go...

Any other opinions?
Old 02-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #580  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Happy Friday Everyone!!!!

Weigh in this aft. I am keeping fingers crossed to break into the 150's...however, I have had a huge slow down. (So much for hiding the scale in hubbys closet...lol). I am wondering if my exercising is doing something? I have a protein bar after, but wonder if I should add another packet? I feel like I haven't lost at all! ugh. I even have a nice 'mini goal' prize for when I get out of the 160's and I am dying to get it.

Hubby is leaving for Europe for 2 weeks tomorrow. Just me and the boys (ages 8 and 5). Although, I am going to miss my hubby terribly, I do like the routine that we get in when he is gone. Anyone else find this? Anyway, last night we went shopping to get him some clothes and OMG! He looks so amazing! He and I started IP at the same time and although, I am not losing nearly the amount he is, he is doing so well and I am so proud of him! He had so much fun shopping (this is never the case) and made me look forward to when I can go and buy new clothes 2 sizes down!

Couple of things:

Jordanna-so happy for you! Have a wonderful time out with your hubby! How wonderful for both of you.

Congrats to all who have lost this week-I am so motivated and inspired by all of you.

Welcome to all you 'newbies'-you have discovered a wonderful outlet for information, motivation and yes...laughs!

Although, I don't have the 'go' problem, my sister in law swears by the senna tea.

Finally, to all you dog lovers out there--I too, love my dog. She is a 1 year, 65 pound Standard Goldendoodle named Daisy. Now that the weather is getting nice, I am looking forward to walks with my Daisygirl.

One last thing--to all of you who said this was better than Facebook--you are absolutely right!

Have a great day--checking in later after my weigh in.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #581  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

Hi there. Pertaining to the salt, i have the IP printout right on my desk, and it clearly says 1/2 tsp per day. That is all i am taking, and that is already too much!
Old 02-26-2010, 09:53 AM   #582  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Regarding the salt- my printout says 1/2 tsp too. I know I don't even get that in. I usually eat a low sodium diet, so this seems really salty to me and odd to put salt on salad and eggs. I sprinkle that sea salt on the food but that's all I do. I had a few headaches the first week but just licked some salt off my hand and drank water. Haven't had any lately.

My dog is a mix (mutt)- maybe Finnish Spitz and Husky. He's smallish - 32 pounds, and he loves to walk! We don't have a backyard (3rd floor condo) so we walk a lot. And of course he LOVES the snow! I love to walk too. In 2008 I did the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and raised $2600! While we're on that subject, ladies, do your monthly self breast exams. Guys, remind the women in your life to check themselves every month. If you haven't checked in a while, do it today! Early detection can save lives.

I am so proud of everyone for doing the IP diet. We are all healthier for it and our bodies will thank us. It would be nice if it were an included part of the diet to get all our blood levels checked so that we could see the measurable results that the IP protocol causes in our bodies (besides the scale which we are all obsessed with!). Way to go everyone!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #583  

Hey Novak - my husband and best friend are over 6' so I guess I've just spent a long time feeling short. 5'5" is a perfectly perfect height...in fact I like to tell them both that I'm not little, I'm fun sized
Old 02-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #584  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
wow! I just noticed your only four lbs away from goal! That is awesome!!
thanks so much! I've moved into Phase 2 which I'm supposed to do for a minimum of 2 weeks. It's basically the same as Phase 1 except replacing the lunch IP pack with an actual protein. Seems pretty straight forward. At times, it has been a long haul (Halloween, Birthday, Christmas Parties, Christmas, New Year's - so I understand the anxiety about Easter) but I'm so glad I did this diet. It's easier to stay true to the diet when you are losing weight and your clothes are getting loose as that is the biggest motivator.

someone asked about restricted and I rarely have a restricted pack - I do cook up a crepe on the weekend and have it as a wrap with the IP raspberry jam. I know myself, and for me, having the bars and chips would be a slippery slope. Others are different and I appreciate that we all do this our own way and it does work for all of us.

If i have any concern about this diet, it's the cost - I justify spending the money because i know it's not going to be forever. Don't scold but I am down to one IP packet for evening snack. I've checked out the nutrition labels on the Egg Creations (liquid eggs) and even the flavoured ones are almost exactly the same as the IP eggs - which i bought for about 4 months. I've given my fair share to my IP clinic over the last 4 months so I feel no guilt finding ways at this point to reduce my cost.

Congratulations to all who have lost and happy birthday to our 19 year olds!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #585  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday925 View Post
Welcome beyourbestinidaho, I had my initial consultation on 1/18/10 and started the next day. I was supposed to have my second weigh-in today (we weigh in every 3 weeks) but we are having a snowstorm in Northwest NJ.

Again welcome to the thread, we look forward to getting to know you.
I notice on the local news last night they were talking about the weather that you are expereincing and in the next breath they were talking about the campgrounds in the local area that are getting ready to open. I am glad to be in Idaho!! About your weigh-ins, three weeks seems like so long---I would have trouble choosing my food for three weeks at a time--guess I'm spoiled.
Closed Thread