IP Monthly Chat February 2010 Continued #3

You're on Page 38 of 45
Go to
  • Quote: Today my husband told me to find a babysitter because he needs to take his hot wife out on a date!
    AWESOME!!!! Enjoy yourselves!
  • My two cents on restricted items and being able to "go"

Restricted items, I have had them as I want since day one (not more than one a day) and have lost 43lbs in just shy of three months.

I have a tea made from senna leaf that is a for sure helper when things are too slow. I will drink it in the evening and will have a better next day.
  • Wii Can Do It!!!
    I have the Wii Fit Plus and balance board and LOVE IT! I also have the EA sport active and it is a serious workout! My legs were super sore after only two workouts. You can choose your intensity so it's perfect for this diet!

I weighed in today and lost 4.3 lbs. That's officialy 30.8 pounds since January 11th! There was a gal at my clinic today that was going in for her initial consult. I told her about this site and how inspiring it is! Thanks to everyone for all the great thoughts and discussions! You are all awesome!
  • yes Sam0617 I live in Morris County also and I work at County College. Just got the call that we are having a four day weekend. We were closed today and now tomorrow also. Woohoo!!!
  • Quote: My two cents on restricted items and being able to "go"

Restricted items, I have had them as I want since day one (not more than one a day) and have lost 43lbs in just shy of three months.

I have a tea made from senna leaf that is a for sure helper when things are too slow. I will drink it in the evening and will have a better next day.
    I Drink a tea called Smooth Move by Traditional Medicinals got it from the health food store it works well if you can tolerate the senna/licorice taste.
  • Quote: I have the Wii Fit Plus and balance board and LOVE IT! I also have the EA sport active and it is a serious workout! My legs were super sore after only two workouts. You can choose your intensity so it's perfect for this diet!

I weighed in today and lost 4.3 lbs. That's officialy 30.8 pounds since January 11th! There was a gal at my clinic today that was going in for her initial consult. I told her about this site and how inspiring it is! Thanks to everyone for all the great thoughts and discussions! You are all awesome!
    that is so great1 Thirty pounds in six weeks is huge!! Awesome Job!!
  • Quote: I have the Wii Fit Plus and balance board and LOVE IT! I also have the EA sport active and it is a serious workout! My legs were super sore after only two workouts. You can choose your intensity so it's perfect for this diet!

Awesome to reach the 30lbs mark! I was hoping for the same this week, but maybe next week!

I also have the Wii Fit Plus and love it. I haven't been using it lately, but when I do....I really love it!
  • Happy Birthday Josh Today is my birthday too so I feel your pain in the birthday cake department! It totally sucks now, but it should be worth it in the end right? :
  • Happy Birthday Josh - well done on no cake That's awesome!
  • Quote: Happy Birthday Josh Today is my birthday too so I feel your pain in the birthday cake department! It totally sucks now, but it should be worth it in the end right? :
    Happy Happy Birthday MommySarah! And welcome to 3FC!!
  • Quote: Good Morning.....Could we have people who are following the IP diet eating one restricted food per day to post and let us know how you have done (are doing) on the diet and how much you are losing weekly. I'm reading so many posts lately from people who avoid the restricted items.

Also, I'm having a serious problem with constipation since I started wk 3 (I'm in wk 4). On Dr. Trans website he says constipation is definitely the most common adverse effect of all diets, not just the protein diet and as a rule, only those who tend to be constipated even when not dieting, are affected. I've tried their recommendations for treatment along with eating lots of veggies and drinking more water than the diet calls for but still having problems. I'm wondering if maybe my system is just not cut out for this.
    Anyone else experiencing the same problem.

I really don't want to give up on this diet and I enjoy the foods. My diets normally consists of breakfast a drink or omelette, lunch chicken soup with sauteed veggies (sometimes with a lettuce salad) and dinner is fish or chicken with veggies and salad and snack either pudding, bar or puffs. Loads of water throughout the day (I have a huge bottle always full at my desk). I'm taking cal-mag (told to go down to 2 because calcium is constipating) and one potassium. Sea salt on my food but I'm probably not getting the full 1/2 tsp a day.
    HI Skittles and all others with the contipation concern:
    My counselor recommended something called "Dr. Schultzes
    's Intestinal Formula #1" to me and I'm so glad. You take one tablet after dinner and it really helps alot. Not too strong for me like Dieter's Tea is--I bought mine on Amazon. Check it out. I am an RN and am pretty careful about what I take. It's an herbal formula and is made with Senna--if you try it, let me know what you think!

Lisa
  • Quote: Not exercising sounds good to me.
    Hey sam0617, thought I would add my two cents on the exercise too. I didn't exercise at all on the diet. I reached my goal and lost 70 lbs in 12 weeks. I have several friends on the diet and they still hit the gym. I am going to tell you, no matter what anyone else her tells you, it doesn't work for them like it did for me (and my wife who also did very well on IP).
  • Quote: BevS, I do understand that we need extra sodium on this diet when we're are urinating so much. But do we need it the whole way through the diet? I'm just starting my 3rd week and today I'm going my normal level for the first time since starting. Last night was the first night since starting that I didn't have to get up as well. I'm hoping that I will settle in at this level. (Fingers crossed!) If so, do we still need the tons extra salt?
    All I know is they stressed the 1 full teaspoon for the duration of the diet, as well as the rest of the supplements. The regional manager said if we don't take them as directed, we could get sick. I'm still getting up at night at least once and I've finished seven weeks. I was trying to get my water in earlier in the day, but I eat dinner late so have been unable to do so.
  • Quote: Happy Birthday Josh Today is my birthday too so I feel your pain in the birthday cake department! It totally sucks now, but it should be worth it in the end right? :
    Happy belated birthday to you both! Save the cake for your victorious weight loss celebration.
  • Quote: Hiya beyourbest - I'm super short only 5'5"!! I'm sure you're much taller than I am
    Hey! Since when is 5'5" considered super short? My height may have compacted since the 5'6" I used to be, but I'm still not the shortest gal on the block!