IP Monthly Chat February 2010 Continued #3

You're on Page 30 of 45
Go to
  • Quote: Okay so Dustin (my husband) came home and first he said hi to my little guy whom I was holding and then I passed him off to daddy and he looked at me and immediately was like...."wow, you look amazing".

The best parts of him coming home were that he was sitting on the floor playing with Hudson and he kept looking back at me in amazement and then when he hugged me after we put Hudson down for a nap he was like "I can't believe it, you feel so much smaller!"

Jordanna- I love it! I am so happy for you. What a great NSV for sure!!!
  • Quote: Hey skittles,

I don't eat any of the restricted items (except for 1 package of bbq soy puffs on Saturday night) and I've done fairly well losing so far (27.6 lbs in under 6 weeks).

This is what I eat pretty much every day:

Breakfast: Vanilla pudding or cappuccino drink
    Lunch: Chocolate pudding & bok choy soup or cucumber salad
    Dinner: 5 oz of meat/ 2 cups of select veggies
    Snack: Either butterscotch pudding or Raspberry Jello

I also drink 112 oz of water a day and take all the prescribed vitamins plus the omegas and vitamin D
    Is the cucumber salad recipe in the recipe section here or on your blog? Hope to try it.
  • Quote: HI All!! Well, one week done! Weighed into today and lost 6 lbs and 1 lb of fat! Pretty excited! Cravings are subsiding and trying to keep up with the water intake. Worked out for the first time last night--felt a little lack luster but didn't push it. That is the nice thing about this program: I don't feel quilt by not exercising! That's a nice break for me
    Congratulations! This is the best diet ever!
  • Quote: I started the IP diet 15 days ago (I am on day #16). I get hungry sometimes, but I am by no means hungry all the time. I've only had one day where I did 4 packets instead of three because we were having a late dinner and I just could not hold out. I am not doing the restricted items because I don't want to fall off the wagon. I figure that they are restricted for a reason, and I just don't want to compromise my weight loss. It would be a waste of money, and I don't want to get off the scale any week and think "what if I had not eaten XXX?"

My normal day looks like this:

~8am Breakfast: Chocolate drink and coffee with 2TBS half and half
    ~10:30am: snack of 1 cup of veggies (none of the restricted ones- mostly been doing cucumber, spinach, mushrooms and fennel)
    ~12: Soup with sea salt and 1C raw spinach (steamed before putting in soup)
    ~ 3pm or when I get hungry: IP pudding made as a shake (a lot more water and ice- I find it adds more "volume" to my tummy for fullness)
    ~6pm: snack of 1C veggies
    ~7:30 or 8pm: Dinner of 5oz meat or 7oz fish and 1C veggies

Hope that helps. To each her own, but that is what is working for me.
    Brenda-
    I see you have half and half each morning. I admit the hardest thing for me to give up was the creamer in my coffee....I think you and I started around the same time and are pretty close to the same starting weight. I started on Feb. 6 at 170 lbs.
    How many cals/carbs etc. are in the half and half? I may try that.....
  • Quote: Welcome Hockey Mom23. Do you have 23 children? Just kidding! LOL.

The first 3 days are the hardest with the headaches, weakness, hunger, etc.

Hang in there and don't watch the Food Network!
    I agree...I am in the middle of week 3 and definately the first few days were brutal! I knew from my sis in law and a friend that did IP the headaches would come, so I did take some Aleve for about 3-4 days. I don't usually take meds, so this was a big deal for me, but in the end I found it was worth it.

Also, I am a huge magazine subscriber and I couldn't even look at my foodie mags until last night!!! LOL
  • Quote: er...YES.

I weigh myself first thing every morning. Sometimes on this diet when I travel, I actually go so far to pack my bathroom scale in my suitcase.

I know from experience that I generally weight 2 lbs less first thing in the morning than I do right before bed. So I sometimes weigh before bed to give me a preview of my morning weight. If it's looking good, I can hardly wait to get up and see it. In fact, when I'm on the IP diet I sometimes check my weight during my nightly bathroom break!

Not only do I weigh daily, but I track my weight daily on a spreadsheet. Personally, I am an analytical sort, so I have all kinds of formulas in my spreadsheet that automatically calculate things when I enter the weight number. For example, it automatically compares my weight loss to my short term, medium term, and long term goals, shows me how much I am currently losing per day and per week, automatically shows up in green, yellow, or red, depending on how well I am doing in comparison to my goals, and shows me how much I now need to lose per day or week in the future to meet my goals. These kinds of calculations, along with automated graphs of different time lengths, showing my weight in comparison to my various goals, help me keep on track and stay motivated. For example, if I am doing well, one way it helps keep me motivated is by showing me exactly how far ahead of my goals I am, and how I now need to lose less per day to reach my goal target. We all know that weight loss slows the closer one gets to their target weight, so the more I can lose early the better. Or, if I'm currently doing poorly, it shows me how well I have done in the past (and therefore doing overall), shows that a little blip on the graph is okay and I am probably still on track to meet my goals, but that I can't slack off or I will get off track. Need to be extra vigilant. Calculated numbers showing up in yellow rather than green also alert me when my progress is starting to be a problem, so I can catch it early and make changes to what I am doing if necessary.

So yes, some of us do weigh every day.
    Oh, Birman, this made me chuckle! I thought my statistical weight deviations were all related to whether I had pooped good or not. LOL.
  • Quote: Hello everyone! It's been almost two weeks since I've been on to read (I posted Saturday night quickly when we returned from our trip, but on the Alternate board accidentally), and I haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts. We ended up going off the diet for most of the week while we were there, which I don't regret. We were with a group of friends and it made our trip much more enjoyable and less stressful when we didn't have to worry about getting in packets and salt and not being able to eat at certain restaurants. Plus, Vegas has amazing restaurants and buffets that we didn't want to pass up on, and I'm really glad we didn't.

Today is our third official day back on the diet, and this beginning is just as hard as I remember it from the first time around. I've already lost the weight I put on over the break (only about 4 pounds), so I'm hoping that additional pounds will continue to melt off now that I'm getting back in ketosis. We got about 18 inches of snow here between yesterday and today, which meant a snow day for us (yay!), but our clinic was also closed (today is weigh in day). I was looking forward to getting back into the routine of weigh-ins, but I guess it's probably better to wait till next week since I know this weigh-in probably would have been a little discouraging (same weight as two weeks ago). I'll try to catch up on the posts and get back in the habit of posting myself. I hope things have been going well for everyone else!
    Swilk-that is great-I am glad you had a good trip and didn't feel like you were depriving yourself. My hubby and I (both on IP) are going April 9 and I can't wait. I have sworn that I won't cheat until then...will be week 9 for me by that time. Glad to read your posts...welcome back!
  • Quote: Is the cucumber salad recipe in the recipe section here or on your blog? Hope to try it.
    Hey Libbyshims, it's not actually a recipe...I just eat it every second day for lunch....hang on let me make it one:

2 c Cucumber, thinly sliced
    1/2 tsp olive oli
    1/2 tsp vinegar
    1/2 tsp sweetener (I use splenda)
    pinch of garlic powder
    pinch of onion powder
    pinch of dill
    pinch of sea salt
    pinch of pepper
    pinch of red onion flakes

Put everything in a bowl, mix around and cover. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Enjoy

* you could add what ever herbs & spices you like. sometimes I'll just throw in some Mrs. Dash...
  • Quote: Brenda-
    I see you have half and half each morning. I admit the hardest thing for me to give up was the creamer in my coffee....I think you and I started around the same time and are pretty close to the same starting weight. I started on Feb. 6 at 170 lbs.
    How many cals/carbs etc. are in the half and half? I may try that.....
    Jumping in here since I use half&half in my morning coffee:

2 TBSP (30 ml) of half & half has 1 g. carb, 3 g. fat, 0 g fiber, 1 g. protein.

I also might pour a little in my IP jello when I run out of sugar-free cool whip.
  • Quote: Hello everyone! It's been almost two weeks since I've been on to read (I posted Saturday night quickly when we returned from our trip, but on the Alternate board accidentally), and I haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts. We ended up going off the diet for most of the week while we were there, which I don't regret. We were with a group of friends and it made our trip much more enjoyable and less stressful when we didn't have to worry about getting in packets and salt and not being able to eat at certain restaurants. Plus, Vegas has amazing restaurants and buffets that we didn't want to pass up on, and I'm really glad we didn't.

Today is our third official day back on the diet, and this beginning is just as hard as I remember it from the first time around. I've already lost the weight I put on over the break (only about 4 pounds), so I'm hoping that additional pounds will continue to melt off now that I'm getting back in ketosis. We got about 18 inches of snow here between yesterday and today, which meant a snow day for us (yay!), but our clinic was also closed (today is weigh in day). I was looking forward to getting back into the routine of weigh-ins, but I guess it's probably better to wait till next week since I know this weigh-in probably would have been a little discouraging (same weight as two weeks ago). I'll try to catch up on the posts and get back in the habit of posting myself. I hope things have been going well for everyone else!
    You did great! Only 4 pounds and it's already gone! Yay!
  • Quote: Oh, Birman, this made me chuckle! I thought my statistical weight deviations were all related to whether I had pooped good or not. LOL.
    I laughed out loud TWICE over that comment!
  • Quote: I want to thank all of you for the information you've shared, you helped me make the final decision to start IP. Yesterday was day 1 and it went well until the headache hit at 9 pm last night. I'm still experiencing the headache but used some sea salt at lunch which will hopefully help it go away. That and all the water I'm drinking!

You are all extremely inspiring. I'm looking forward to getting to know you in the days and weeks to come!
    We look forward to getting to know you too, Hockey Mom 23.
  • Weight Fluctuations
    Quote: I laughed out loud TWICE over that comment!
    This is definitely my favorite thing I have read on this post so far.
  • The Best "nsv" Ever!!!
    Quote: Okay so Dustin (my husband) came home and first he said hi to my little guy whom I was holding and then I passed him off to daddy and he looked at me and immediately was like...."wow, you look amazing".

The best parts of him coming home were that he was sitting on the floor playing with Hudson and he kept looking back at me in amazement and then when he hugged me after we put Hudson down for a nap he was like "I can't believe it, you feel so much smaller!"

Oh Jordanna, I am so happy for you. That had to make you feel so wonderful. You have worked very hard and it paid off big time.

Glad to hear you only gained 4 lbs. We are going to Vegas Friday for a 4 day weekend. I have already decided to take a break from IP. I have been faithful for 6 weeks and I think a mini break will do me good. I hope I only gain 4 lbs too.