IP Monthly Chat February 2010 Continued #3

You're on Page 14 of 45
Go to
  • Quote: Our coach (hubby is on IP too) told him that hard liquor mixed with water would be okay...also a small glass of wine here and there. For some reason she said to stay away from club soda (something about the carbination?)...he did have a couple low carb beers last week and it didn't affect his loss. However, he is a man and loses at a dif. rate than I do. sigh.

We are going in April and I have decided that I am going to take my packets (drinks, some bars) and at least get in my breakfast and a snack throughout the day. Make smart dinner /lunch choices, but don't feel like you are being deprived. Have a drink and enjoy yourself. Don't stress. One of my favorite drinks is Sprite zero with Amaretto. Not sure on the carb count, etc. but may be worth a look up.

I think you will be surprised at the choices you will make after being on the diet this long. I find that I don't even crave the stuff I thought I would. (am on week 3).

One thing my coach did point out is that if you are going to cheat and eat a heavy and rich meal to eat a much smaller portion and eat slow. Your stomach may not be able to handle it. You certainly don't want to have tummy issues when you are there!

Can't wait to hear about it!
    Thanks! I will keep this in mind.
  • Quote:
    Hi BevS, Well I must thank you for directing me to Dr. Chanh's book which I found online. You are correct! I crossed checked with the Ideal Protein website and they feature him and his findings as well. So why is my doctor telling me Ketosis is not important?? I must get to the bottom of this.

If I may ask, what is your understanding of the carb range per day we then need to be in during this diet? Please advise. Also, do you eat the restricted IP items once a day or do you avoid them.

Thank you so much
    Hi, Wyo Sky, Dr. Chanh doesn't really tell us the range, but I estimate I'm eating anywhere from 30 - 40 grams per day, including the 4 cups of vegetables plus unlimited lettuce. I tend to have a restricted item every day if I have them on hand (usually a bar or the chili). I have lost 23 pounds in 6 weeks, but my weight loss has slowed down considerably in the last week or two. I have dropped 2 pants sizes (from 16 to 12) and gone from wearing an extra-large top to a medium (small if it's stretchy--love the spandex). I was never in a boot-camp version of the diet. I started out from day 1 being able to have 1 restricted item per day, and I looked forward to it greatly, especially at the beginning of the diet. Now I am just not having any cravings. I have to admit I really love those caramel nut bars though.
  • Quote: Hey everyone I started Ideal Protein on February 5th and have lose a total of 9.6 lbs. I felt horrible the first few days but things have gotten easier. Before IP my vegetable consumption was super low, i'm having to be creative w/ veggies to ensure I get my intake for the day. Any vegetable tips would be greatly appreciated!! I have my 3rd weigh in on Friday and hope it goes well, I haven't cheated at all so I'm not too worried!

I've been reading this chat since I've started and have found it inspiring and helpful when I'm having a bad day or just need something to do. Thanks everyone and good luck!
    I don't like to cook much so I cut up 2 cups of celery and place them in individual baggies and store them in the fridge and get one out in the mornings and munch on them making sure the bag is gone by 3 and then getting the second bag out and munching on them until 8 when I have my last protein packet of the day. I would recommend doing this with any veggie that you really enjoy. Makes it go by so much easier. Hope this helps
  • A while ago someone posted a recipe using the IP chicken soup and veggies and making sort of a casserole with it. I can't seem to find it anywhere. If you have the recipe or know what I'm talking about can you please post it again? Thanks!
  • 40 pounds gone!!! WOOHOO!!
    Quote: Ladies I weighed in today and am only 1lb away from having lost 40lbs, I am so excited. I stared on Oct 1st. I have lost slowly on a number of weeks and partly becuase I have cheated here and there so I am pretty excited to have lost almost 40lbs. I also bought some new jeans this weekend and am now in a size 9!!!
    That is terrific that you are 1 lb away from losing 40. That is a pretty good milestone. Keep up the good work and you will reach your goal in no time.
  • From Birman: "Sam and BevS, you are referring to products that are alternatives to the ones IP sells."

Hi, Birman: The supplements from "Our Health Co-op" that I mentioned are the only ones offered by the IP distributor that I go to. Thanks for letting me know that IP has their own line of products in these supplements. And thanks for being open minded about alternative products. For me, they aren't even considered alternative with my coach. : )
  • Hi, everyone.

Yesterday was the first day of my fifth week (so exactly 4 weeks on IP) and I weighed 214. I'm down 30 pounds in 28 days!!! Very excited about that.

And this morning...212.5. I love that the scale is still moving. I know it won't stay at this pace for long, but I sure am enjoying it while it does.

I love reading everyone else's successes and thought I'd share mine, too.

Thanks,

Scott
  • Quote: Hi, everyone.

Yesterday was the first day of my fifth week (so exactly 4 weeks on IP) and I weighed 214. I'm down 30 pounds in 28 days!!! Very excited about that.

And this morning...212.5. I love that the scale is still moving. I know it won't stay at this pace for long, but I sure am enjoying it while it does.

Thanks,

Scott
    Way to go, Scott! I am so jealous of you men!

Bev
  • Quote: Hi, everyone.

Thanks,

Scott
    Wow Scott that's fantastic!! You're doing amazing Keep it up!
  • Quote: That seems to be the slowest place for me...where I see it is all upper body
    I haven't lost a single inch from my waist. I notice my chest, (right under my breasts) and my face where I am loosing it. I would like to see some change from the waist and under, but at this point, I"ll take what I can get!
  • Quote: A while ago someone posted a recipe using the IP chicken soup and veggies and making sort of a casserole with it. I can't seem to find it anywhere. If you have the recipe or know what I'm talking about can you please post it again? Thanks!
    Hi,

Just take you favorite veggie and microwave it to your desired done-ness, mix up the chicken soup in 5 or so ounces of cold water, chop veggies small, spray a small casserole dish with pam, add veggies and pour soup over it. you can sprinkle some seasonings, garlic bits, dehydrated onions.. whatever you like, and a spray of olive oil if you like ( I have olive oil in one of those pampered chef spray oil bottles) and bake at like 325/350 for 10 minutes. There's no exact science to it. I also do this with the omlette, especially with spinach!

Oh, yesterday I took two cups of chopped up fresh asparagus and cooked them in the microwave, mixed up the chicken soup in 8 oz of water. Took half the asparagus and pureed it in the chicken soup and added the rest for crunch. Nice cream of asparagus soup.

Today, I just made the chili with zucchini. sliced two small zucchini's and cooked in the microwave at 50% power for four minutes, made the chili in 5oz of water... let the zuchinni steam 'off'.. then poured the chili over, and chopped up a thin slice of red onion for the top, for CRUNCH. Romaine lettuce salad with 1/4 c chopped celery for cruch.. tbs of olive oil, splash of water and a lot of my seasoning mix in my spice grinder (rosemary, red pepper flakes, dehydrated garlic, italian seasoning), and of course , sea salt!
    I am FULL...

I went to the food store today and as I looked around at all the food they sell, I realized 99% of the stuff they sell is not good for us!! I did find the Walden Farms Chocolate syrup, which I tasted, might drizzle a little on my vanilla pudding tonight!

Mary Ann
  • Oh,

does anyone have the IP Vitamins label on a pdf? I want to compare them to the vitamins I have been taking...as I am almost out and am considering using their vitiamins. Thanks!
  • Quote: Ladies I weighed in today and am only 1lb away from having lost 40lbs, I am so excited. I stared on Oct 1st. I have lost slowly on a number of weeks and partly becuase I have cheated here and there so I am pretty excited to have lost almost 40lbs. I also bought some new jeans this weekend and am now in a size 9!!!
    awesome news!!
  • So, I know that 5lbs per week is pretty high for females, and I have noticed a big difference in my clothes. But I am still finding myself getting impatient. How come is seems like weight goes ON so much faster than it comes OFF? Time seems like it goes by really, really slowly on this diet. I wish I could speed up what I hope is only another two or three weeks on the phase 1 diet. Feeling sorry for myself.
  • I went in today for my 4th weigh in. I lost 4.9 lbs. So I am down 19 lbs. in four weeks.