I knew I shouldn't have!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hi dosbabe.

This has been my personal experience:

When one first starts induction, it generally takes around 2-3 days to burn up the glycogen stores and go into fat burning mode. IF one subsequently cheats....it usually takes less time to burn up the glucose from this cheat....generally about a day. Of course, this all depends on HOW badly you cheated, WHAT you cheated with, HOW long you continued to eat this/cheat, etc. If it's just a small incident....you'll usually go back into ketosis/fat-burning mode approx. a day later. But if you go off plan for several days...it could easily take you the entire 2-3 days again to go back to fat-burning.

Hope this helped.

deena
  • well guys you've scared me straight i think ... i'm going "back home" for a visit to pennsylvania in two days (which mind you is snack capital of the world) and there are alot of foods/restaurants that i miss and was hoping i would be able to stay on point but i think after reading the aftermath of falling i don't wanna be disappointed in myself so i'm gonna be stubborn and stick to what i know which hasn't been hard at all ... eye on the prize

just one question....anyone know approx how many carbs in seafood chowder if i omit the potatoes?
  • Will it be homemade? If so you also need to avoid using corn starch to thicken the base. There are some replacement products but I don't know the specific names. I'm sure someone will fill us in.
  • Quote: Will it be homemade? If so you also need to avoid using corn starch to thicken the base. There are some replacement products but I don't know the specific names. I'm sure someone will fill us in.
    unfortunately it's from a local diner and it's my FAVORITE in the whole wide world (okay that was a little excessive lol)
  • Given what I know about seafood chowder I would expect a significant number of carbs .... potatoes, usually carrots, onions, some sort of thickener, milk .... but only you can decide what is worth going off plan for.

I ate a chocolate chip cookie tonight. I have been on plan since Jan 2 and lost 18 pounds. It was a conscious choice to make .... I stopped at one, and have to admit I didn't really enjoy it all that much, but its done and over with and tomorrow I am back on plan.
  • Quote: I ate a chocolate chip cookie tonight. I have been on plan since Jan 2 and lost 18 pounds. It was a conscious choice to make .... I stopped at one, and have to admit I didn't really enjoy it all that much, but its done and over with and tomorrow I am back on plan.
    Best advice I can give you regarding something like this is, don't buy it, don't bring it into your home. If its not there, you can't eat it.