completely depressed.

• So the past few months Ive been a real mess. I try to be happy but I know Im not. I finally confessed to my boyfriend how much I hate myself and of course he told me im wonderful and pretty blah blah blah. Hes not fat he would never understand what its like. I told him hate myself and I dont look like all the other girls and I dont think he really understood where I was going. I think my birth control is what is causing a lot of my issues. However I need to stay on it till I lose more weight and am willing to see if my menstrual cycle goes back to regular. I read that sometimes it only takes losing 10% of your body weight to get it going back on track. We'll Ive hit that mark but m not ready to try. So for now Ill just keep up my crying untill I cant cry anymore
  • I am right there with you girl! I often get into moods where I feel that way. (I know this is mean, but I usually feel better when I think that those skinny girls who eat whatever they want will eventually have their metabolisms catch up to them lol)! As far as the birth control, I have been on it for four years, and I certainly had these sad/depressed times before I started taking it. So I don't know if that is the problem. Also I had started my journey at 265 also, and I went off briefly when i weighed 195...My periods went right back to being crazy and irregular. That's just me, but it's something to consider! Chin up girlie, I am sure you are wonderful, caring and beautiful person. ~ Sara
  • Hey firecracker, I can sympathize. I haven't been on birth control for 15 years, since we were trying to get pregnant with what is now our oldest son. After he was born I couldn't get myself to go back on the pills. When I took them, they really messed with my hormones. PMS was a nightmare!! Of course, I have since been diagnosed with bipolar, so that could have been part of it, but after my son was born and I didn't go back to the pills my hormones weren't as bad. My periods were also like clockwork after having my son. Now, I certainly don't recommend pregnancy as a fix to your problem, I just understand what the pill can do to you.

Another thing you might consider is Seasonal Affective Disorder. I am in northeast Ohio and in the winter we NEVER see the sun and I know it makes a big difference for me. That may be contributing to what you are feeling.

It's always hard for men to understand where we are coming from. They can't help it, they just don't think like we do. Try not to be too hard on yourself. Sometimes we are harder on ourselves than others are. If it gets really bad consider seeing a doctor. Maybe one could help.
  • I was once put on progesterone tablets to jump-start my periods, and the resulting depression landed me in the hospital. These things can definitely be hormonal. But please don't suffer in silence; if you need help, get it. We're here to support you.
  • I've been feeling this way too lately. Just can't seem to shake it. I can't see my acupuncturist until March b/c he's on holiday, but can't wait to see him again, maybe he can help me.

I just feel awful :-(

~CGH~
  • Thank you all so much! I am feeling a little better..not much..but enough where Im not crying! I am going to call my dr today and try to switch bc pills.