Is WW giving me the $$$ shaft!! Help with Lifetime info PLEASE

• I'm a lifetime member and haven't been back for 2 years - I went back because I'm 11 pounds over goal. They charged me $12 for the first meeting and said I needed to buy the $119.00 package for the next meetings (12 meetings pre pay) - I paid it and then a friend told me I shouldn't be charged at all!! Please let me know the rules for Lifetime payments! thanks
  • I'm a new Lifetimer, but that doesn't sound right.

Remember, though, that the franchise owners can set some of their own rules. I had been told that you paid for every meeting you attended where you were more than 2 pounds over your goal weight. Once you attain your goal, you don't pay anymore.
  • Hi LJay.

I live in Canada (Nova Scotia), and in the situation you described, I would have paid $12 for the meeting and $12 for every meeting thereafter until I was no more than 2 lbs over goal weight.

Once I was within 2 lbs of goal, I would only pay if I were more than 2 lbs over goal or if I missed a monthly weigh-in.

The rules may differ from location to location, but I certainly would question having to purchase a meeting package, especially since they have no way of knowing how quickly you will achieve goal weight again.

Hope this helps.
  • Seasaw - you are correct! - Guess I have to pay as long as I'm not at goal - great incentive to get back "FAST". Have a super duper day all and thanks for the help!
  • You always have to pay until you are within 2 lbs of your goal. It should be YOUR option to purchase pre-pays and not be TOLD you have to buy them. Sometimes they are a savings on the weekly meeting fee, but sometimes they aren't.