~+~Get Me Out Of The 200'S~+~

You're on Page 2 of 34
Go to
  • I'm in. I don't remember a time that I wasn't in the 200's! I guess I could go to my childhood doctor and find out, but I think the answer would be rather embarrassing!

I'm not a stickler for following strict rules while dieting, but I've made a lot of improvements that has helped with my weight loss. I drink 4.5 liters of water daily, fruits/veggies daily, I don't bring chocolate in the house, and I've started a C25K, that honestly kicks my butt!
  • GOOOoood morning girls!

Well, I am trying to train myself to get up earlier...right now I am averaging about 8am and getting to the gym around 9:15ish...

I wanna scale this back an hour...getting up at 7am and at the gym by 8:15...

So I started slow this morning getting 'up' at 7:30 which meant turning off my alarm and sleeping until 10am....and I went to bed at 10pm...UGH..which also meant I did not make it to the gym early (I have class at 1)

I think part of my problem is I bought kroger coffee to save money. BAD IDEA. I am going to the store after class to grab my good ole' folgers ...cause that's the best part of waking up, right?

The good thing about tues or thursday workouts is that I can choose which day I would rather go but I *must* go one day. I also see my trainer mon/weds and I aim for 4-5 days of working out.

I might just go after class...my hair is just in a pony tail for class and no makeup on so I just might as well get my butt on that bike this afternoon.

I hope you all are having a good day!!!

And let's GET OUTTA THE 200'S!

five I understand about the gym issue. Here is my advance... instead of joining a 24 hour fitness why not find a cute little independent gym? That's what I did which means you usually see the same people there and are it is easy to meet people. I now find when I go to my little gym I see people there who know my name...*insert Cheers theme here* and we actually encourage each other. I use to have a problem with those "skinny women"...you know the kind...but after awhile I not only realized that I am so much physically stronger than they are (which you probably are too) but they are just people. In the small gym you are also less likely to find people "flaunting"...and I am pretty sure I look like DEATH when I work out. And I am always mouthing the song I am listening too. Just my two cents..but believe me I felt the SAME WAY. As for the water -- I got my water bottle out because I thought of you!!

xMegx Welcome!! I also think I would have to contact a childhood doctor to see when I was less than 199....but we can do it! I also am not a stickler when it comes to plans...I find I am less likely to binge when I am not counting every little number, but, like you - sticking to clean foods and drinking my water! Keep us updated with the C25K!!!
  • Hello!

In the 200s for the first time Looking forward to getting back to onederland!

And I definitely feel you on getting up earlier! I've actually found it EASIER to wake up at 5am, and get to the gym at 5:30-ish. It's very funny--my S.O. and I belong to a 24-hour gym. He'll go in at 3am (insomniac) and I'll be there at 5am.

Nothing is better than starting out the day with a good workout--I feel SO ENERGIZED!! And it feels like I have so much more time, as opposed to when I'd wake up at noon.
  • Definitely on board with this one. I have GOT to get out of the 200's by April 10th. My very good friend is getting married and I want to at least not be horrified when I look at the pictures from it.
  • Five- Really people dont stare and look at you...everyone is into their own thing... Its a known psychology thing that people think that others look at them way more than they do... I'm sure you would be fine at a gym... Personally I psyche myself out if I try to workout at home...and I continue to put it off and then I never do it...the gym is a commitment and once I'm in the car off of work I'm headed there... I dont have a choice... thats why I really like the gym...and I honestly go everyday and I love it

Taylor- My days go so much better if I get up early and workout... I use to do the whole six am workout however my current job allows me to be very lazy
  • i've belonged to gyms before, just for some reason this time around i'm just not feeling working out in front of people right now. i know i'll get over it though, it'll just take some time.

i have been dead tired today. staying up to late watching the olympics. haha. i really need to go to bed, but i refuse to tomorrow starts my week and a halfish vacation, so i'm nervous about gaining weight, becuase i won't have my controlled enviroment, but super excited to see my friends from all over the world hopefully i will come back with a loss to report! all you ladies have a great couple of weeks!
  • I love being wrong!!! Normally I weigh myself first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom, I figure it is the most accurate. Well, tonight just for the heck of it I hopped on and guess what...I have been reading that thing wrong by 5lbs.!!

It is a dial scale, not a digital, so I was just squinting at all those little lines and thinking I was close to accurate. Isn't amazing the difference that having your contacts in will make! I am so happy!!
  • Ok so I didn't get to the gym today - which is okay...but that means I *must* get to the gym tomorrow (with trainer) and thursday...friday is a bonus and saturday is a must.

I did have 3 fries off of my fiance's lunch plate (we went to applebees and I got a 550 calorie lunch...portobella mushroom chicken DELISH!) and 3 bites of his cookies that he had after dinner. Better than I *had* been doing - but not where I want to be with the bites.

Tomorrows goals: No bites and a 90 minute workout!

YAY BELLA!!!!

I love that, too.

Haley Yeah, I really need to be getting on the track of getting up early. I know that having a good coffee to wake up to will help!! - BTW you have such a pretty smile in your picture

five HAVE FUN, we will miss you. Are you going anywhere?

Bee Welcome to the thread!! I LOVE starting the say off with a good intense workout. 5am?? What time do you get to bed, if I can ask? Wow...and I think 7 is early!!
  • Taylor-If I drink coffee its not in the morning and I only like it cold... I'm a morning person... I just can get up and go...but I'm weird... and thank you... its the same smile I have in every picture... everyone makes fun of me because they always say I have a camera ready smile
  • taylor - i'm in the airport waiting on my flight to atlanta then connecting to richmond to see a friend, than i'll fly home on friday for like 12 hours where i pick up a friend from la and we are going to go to tampa, miami, universal, atlanta and new orleans, then we are both flying to new york the following friday to visit with another friend. my old job (it's on hiatus right now cause the band is on hiatus) i met a lot of people and made some good friends, so i go to visit them when i can swing it. the ones in us and canada are easy, it's the ones in europe and australia that are the hardest, but hey, that's what skype and fb is for!
  • I’m ready to get down to onderland also! I haven’t been in the 100’s since high school.

I have always been the “big” girl in my group of friends, just because I am the tallest (who would have thought 5’7” would be tall?) I always played sports, I was always fit in HS but I was a “big” girl. I was a hockey and basketball player until I tore my MCL, and that’s where it went down hill besides the fact that my ex-Fiancé and I were too comfortable with each other so the vanity left our relationship. So now that that relationship is in the past the vanity needs to come back.

Since this seems to be the year that all of my friends are getting married. Part of my motivation is that I don’t want to look back at the photos in a few years and be sad that I was miserable on my friends happy day. My other motivator that I don’t have a family history since I was adopted. So I don’t know what underlying health issues I will have.

I need to do this so that I have peace of mind and can get back in the game. I had some help by the name of food poisoning to jump start my new diet.
  • HELLOO

Trainer tried to kill me today - I am sure of it. (*#$^&%$)@!!!! but I shall live.

Going to buy new shoes today. I love that!!!!

- 2 inches all over in just a week so that's exciting. Weight-in on monday!

haley I also like cold coffee-- just depends on my mood. But in the morning I *must* be able to push a little button and make brown liquid energy. I wish I had a camera ready smile...I also tend to blink or do something awkward just as the flash goes.

five Have a good time! I guess the best bit of advice to just make sure and drink plenty of water - personally I always retain water from the flights.

amanda Welcome, honey! I have also been the "big girl" in my group of friends and I am really sick of it. I hear you on the vanity part - my fiance' and I are also comfortable but I don't like feeling like a slob around him...just wish he wouldn't eat cookies around me. -- I am sure you will find the support you need to meet your weight loss goals here.
  • Hello everyone - I'm new! I am 220 at the moment, and first goal is to get down to 199.

I only started back on this weightloss thing last Saturday, so I'm still in phase 1. Phase 1 will mostly be about making healthy lunches to take to work instead of buying lunch, and eating a healthy evening meal instead of crap. Phase 2 will include the introduction of exercise, but I want to get into some good habits with eating first. One step at a time and all that.

Wish me luck...
  • I never ever ever had a single overweight friend until I was in college and I was like wow I'm not the fat friend anymore I talked to one today who I havent talked to in a few years and she was amazed that I had been dieting and losing weight... all we ever use to do together was eat...seriously we were so gross...eating and drinking

Taylor- the stairmaster tried to kill me today so I totally understand
  • Freya - Welcome! Good luck with phase 1!

Taylor - What'd you do with the trainer? I always see trainers make people do these crazy combo moves (like squats with a front lat raise) and it does seem pretty *** kicking. It's good for you though!

It's been hard for me to stick to my weigh once a week rule. How often do you guys weigh yourselves?