arm hollow? where did that come from?

• Well, this week has been pretty up and down for me. I was caught in the path of both of the big East Coast blizzards, which blew my whole swimming/running routine to bits, but I was really good about keeping up with strength and running.

I've been really super super good about staying on plan, and have seen no reward for that. My weight has been stubbornly bouncing up and down two to three pounds.

However, I realized something quite stupendous.

Yesterday, after spending several hours shoveling snow, I was looking at my bicep and I realized...

I HAVE THIS HUGE HOLLOW SPOT ON MY INNER ARM.

Yes, that would be... a DEFINED BICEP MUSCLE.

• That's awesome!!! I hate when the scale refuses to budge, but it's nice knowing that your body is still changing for the better. I've found my body like to 'realign' itself when the scale isn't moving. It's annoying not seeing a loss, but changes in the body are so motivating! Keep up the great work!!!
  • Im about where you are too. I've list the same three pounds three times now. It does get really discouraging. It's really nice when you see something that keeps you going. Congrats and great job!!
  • !

Over the past few days I've noticed that I can make my armpit go convex. It's so good to see something like that when the scale isn't making us feel good. Congratulations!
  • Awesome! Reminds me of the time not so long ago, when I was poking at my shoulder, trying to figure out what on EARTH that bump was, and my husband said, "Uh, Kate, it's a MUSCLE."

Congratulations on your bicep!
  • Way to go!! Discovering muscles was right up there on the list of wonderful things this journey has brought about - right up there with collar bones.

Congrats and I look forward to hearing of more and more delightful discoveries for you.
  • ROFLMAO!!!!! You so totally rock!
  • In my opinion, that's way more awesome than the number on the scale! Nobody but you sees the number on the scale. Everyone sees the hollow in your arm! It's like a badge of honor.

It says loudly, "Hey world!! I'm a woman and I'm not afraid to lift!"
  • I love noticing the new things about my body. I remember the day I noticed my bicep muscle, then I flexed my arms for hubby and he was all "woah!" and then I moved them differently and discovered a triceps muscle too, wow! That was one of my favorite discovery days.
  • Way cool! Have fun flexing today!
  • Woo Hoo! Work it girl! Flex those muscles!
  • Woo hoo! Keep on flexing.
  • Thanks!!!!! I keep pushing up my sleeve to admire it! I can't remember ever having a hollow spot there before!

Besides, I'm so glad to have something to keep my mind off the stinking scale.

I KNOW I'm due for a whoosh, as I've been doing everything right, but I only get a pound a week anymore no matter what I do. Grrrr.

Now, when I get concave armpits, I'll know I'm REALLY a member of an elite club!!