Moving to a new place with a much bigger kitchen!

• You guys, I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am about our new rental house. February 19th could not come fast enough! We're moving from a 1060 square foot apartment that we've been stuck in for the past 7 years to a 1750 square foot house (not including the 2 car garage). Old kitchen: does not even fit 1 person comfortably. New kitchen: we could have probably 3 people preparing food and not have an issue. Old kitchen: refrigerator is older than me and tiny! New kitchen: I could probably fit in the fridge.

So what does this mean for my weight loss? Well, I am hoping to be able to buy more healthy foods in bulk to save money, and have the ability to prepare it ahead of time with ample refridgerator/freezer space. I'll also have the space to start making bread and yogurt regularly instead of having to hoist the appliances up and down shelving every time I wanted to use it.

AND... there's a nice sized community pool that I could manage to swim laps in. The community pool we have at our current apartment complex is lagoon shaped and just not conducive for swimming laps.
  • Sounds great and with being able to buy in bulk that means plenty of good for you food at all times. Between that and the pool and if your living room is larger you would have room for doing exersize videos on rainy days when you can't go swimming. Sounds like you will be all set to put kick your weight loss into high gear.

Congrats
  • I'm so happy for you--I can hear the excitement in your post! Awesome!

I hope you enjoy the extra space and the pool. Take full advantage and enjoy
  • Very happy for you! That's terrific news and I'm sure you'll love the lap swimming.
  • Congrats. I recently moved from a tiny, tiny apartment to a spacious apartment and it is sooo much better. Enjoy rattling around in all your extra space!
  • Oh oh oh it's one of my dreams to have an enormous kitchen! I feel your joy!